PDA

View Full Version : Ran a PSP 2.80 eboot Updater Renamed To 3.00 With Hex Editor

SuperSonicRaver
October 3rd, 2006, 00:51
Not To Sound any n00bish but
i ran 2.80 update i changed everything in the eboot
to 3.00 and it worked i got version 3.00
i did it on a psp 2.80 ta-082 motherboard
i was mad for a second but it worked
it didn't say The File Was corrupted or anything
my psp version is 3.00 i changed it everything from 2.80 is still on it

Video_freak
October 3rd, 2006, 00:57
Good for you! You'll need some proof however...

SuperSonicRaver
October 3rd, 2006, 00:59
but how i don't have a web cam or digital camera
and i certainly don't want anyone with 2.80 to brick their psp's is there any other way

SuperSonicRaver
October 3rd, 2006, 01:04
ima work on it a bit to see what else i can do

IndianCheese
October 3rd, 2006, 02:30
Well, in any way, you are SCREWED. If you are lying, it's not true (imagine that). If you are telling the truth, you won't be able to update to 2.90 when it comes out.

But if you are telling the truth, please PM me the EBOOT.PBP file. I will not update my 2.80, but I just want to see if it actually successfully boots the update file.

SSaxdude
October 3rd, 2006, 02:50
Well then maybe he could hex edit the 2.9 update to 3.01 or something. This has been done before but it won't lead to anything good (like a downgrader.)

M!ckeY
October 3rd, 2006, 03:00
yeah, all you do is change the version number :)

also, he should have changed it to 1.00 then have tried a 1.50 update >.>

Accordion
October 3rd, 2006, 08:44

that would brick the ta-82

even if it worked, there is no point

psiko_scweek
October 3rd, 2006, 18:24
this is obviously fake. No offense but the eboots for the updates are encrypted. By hex editing the eboot it would break the encrpytion and render the eboot unusable.

F9zDark
October 3rd, 2006, 19:06

Not to mention the PSP would know that the version # is older than the source of the 'update'. Can't take a 2.8 PSP and update it with an eboot that thinks its a 1.0. In fact, I doubt this even worked at all.

In all my tests ( that I did last year, when Swaploit just came out) I took an eboot, hexed it and tried it, didn't load. I had to use a newer eboot to get the update started then swapped the memsticks to the one that had the hexed 1.5 update on it. The PSP knows when the source is older than whats in flash and stopped the update anyway.

So its impossible to 'update' with a hexed eboot, first and foremost and secondly its impossible to even get it working, since the PSP checks the files in the eboot (I guess they have some markers in the actually update file that says the real version) against its internal version number.

The only reason the downgraders work is because they change in the internal version number of the PSP to 1.0, so then you apply the 1.5 update and voila, it works great.

splodger15
October 3rd, 2006, 19:26
this is obviously fake. No offense but the eboots for the updates are encrypted. By hex editing the eboot it would break the encrpytion and render the eboot unusable.

That was what i was thinking

Zion
October 3rd, 2006, 19:43
Prove its real next time, and dont waste our time offering to present stupid fake videos :mad: