PDA

View Full Version : Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Announces Warhammer®: Battle for Atluma

wraggster
October 3rd, 2006, 11:04
Leading video games publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced today that Warhammer®: Battle for Atluma™, a new collectible card game set in the popular Warhammer® world, will be launching on the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system this fall. This game of strategy and quick wits offers players more than 400 cards to collect, trade and ultimately use to vanquish their opponents.

“One of the more compelling card-based games to date, Warhammer: Battle for Atluma goes beyond simple player interaction and encourages an inclusive sense of community among players through head-to-head battles, card collecting, trading and strategy sessions,” said John Whitmore, Director of Internal/External Development at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. “This unique dynamic coupled with the strategic, fast-paced nature of the game certainly sets Warhammer: Battle for Atluma apart from other games in its genre.”

Developed by JV Games, Warhammer: Battle for Atluma allows players to enter the Old World and battle their way through the vast armies of either the Grand Alliance or the evil Hordes of Darkness. Along the way, the secrets of Atluma will be revealed that will help shape future battles, but players will need to be decisive to outwit their opponent and secure the ultimate prize - the Atluma Crystal.

Exciting features of Warhammer: Battle for Atluma include:
Wireless multiplayer gameplay which allows players to battle a friend and trade cards by connecting wirelessly;
Life and death decisions which weigh heavily as players must carefully choose their battles. One wrong battle can lead an army to defeat, while one strategic victory can win new warriors from an opponent;
The ability to build a custom army deck that can stand the heat of combat. Players can access more than 90 different units through recruitment, conquest and trade;
An extensive tutorial system that helps beginners jump right into the action and start competing like a seasoned veteran.
Available this fall, Warhammer: Battle for Atluma is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. For more information about this title, please visit NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.’s official website at www.namcobandaigames.com.

Veskgar
October 3rd, 2006, 12:39
I am very much anticipating this release! This should be a really good PSP game from the article above.

mcvader
October 3rd, 2006, 14:34
I used to love warhammer, I don't play anymore and lost my collection but still enjoy the videogames (Dawn of war was awesome) and would love a good one on the PSP, so after reading about this game I am now so dissapointed.
Why the deus do people keep making these bloody card games, we need an RTS (Lucky Wraggster playing C&C on PS1P) and warhammer would be the perfect franchise to start off with.
No way i'm going near this game, I still can't believe I wasted $70 on Metal Gear Acid. If you're gonna make a warhammer card game why not Warhammer poker!

briyan
October 3rd, 2006, 14:41
bah! more card games...the psp needs more good action-oriented games involving an actual player rather than have the cards do the battle themselves..

Nookadum
October 3rd, 2006, 15:43
Because card games are appealing and easy to learn. :P

mcvader
October 3rd, 2006, 16:43
Because card games are appealing and easy to learn. :P

appealing to who? easy to learn? what kind of game is any harder to learn than these boring card games. aren't games supposed to be fun?

LloydKansas
October 3rd, 2006, 21:08
Yes, its dissapointing that they're making it into a card game, but I'm still a fan of Warhammer and I have a Warhammer 40K army, so I'll probably end up checking it out. Even if it is a card game, I'm sure it'll be the best card game of them all.

Nookadum
October 3rd, 2006, 21:34
appealing to who? easy to learn? what kind of game is any harder to learn than these boring card games. aren't games supposed to be fun?

Well, whatever floats your boat. :p I find card games very appealing and worthwhile. Besides, it's not like you're playing poker, solitaire or some other boring one-pace objective.