PDA

View Full Version : Half Life

steveola
April 13th, 2004, 22:41
We all know that the DC Half Life project was cancelled just as it was nearing completion, but I didn't know that it was freely available!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3090359224&category=27 237

Has anyone played this?

Is it worth getting?

Or is it simply a lot of BS ????

(I have Half Life on the PS2 and it sucks big time! Frame rates are awful, and its just not good to control.)

LyonHrt
April 13th, 2004, 23:12
Its ok for the novelty i guess, but nah its quite slow, lots of bugs, i doubt you can actually complete the game.

Clessy
April 14th, 2004, 22:59
That wasnt the complete version your play then.
If your into DCISO which I dont wanna get into to much.
The Almost finshed version was released and then the fullspeed no bad load times version was released. BTW dont pay for any items he's selling anything he sells is a bootleg on CDR.

If you dont wanna dl the game and what high quality versions look for this chinese guy. He sells everything on pressed CD with real lables and high quality casing and manuals.

steveola
April 14th, 2004, 23:19
OK, Now I am curious.

I would like to get hold of the optimised version, (legally).

More for curiosity sake and I want to compare it to the PS2 version.

look for this chinese guy. He sells everything on pressed CD with real lables and high quality casing and manuals.

erm, would you like to elaborate on that? How can I contact the 'chinese guy'? does he have a website or anything?

Clessy
April 15th, 2004, 02:36
That would be near impossable to do. They were only sent out to companies for reviewing them. If you find one on ebay which I doubt you will it will sell for $500ish. Thats how much proper arena went for. I'm sure you'll enjoy PA soon enough too.