PDA

View Full Version : Wii Ethernet Kit coming

wraggster
October 3rd, 2006, 21:21
Nintendo revealed today that it will release an Ethernet Kit for Wii, which allows users to connect the console to a standard internet router without wireless support.

It's undoubtedly good news after concerns that the lack of an Ethernet port on the Wii meant that the console could only connect to the internet via wireless link-up.

For people without a wireless-enabled router, this would mean purchasing a new router or the almost non-existent Nintendo WiFi Connector (that USB dongle thingy). But with the Ethernet Kit available, non-wireless gamers have nothing to worry about.

Those of you who connect your DS to the internet with the Nintendo WiFi Connector can use the same device to connect the Wii. And most wireless routers will also be compatible with the Wii's built-in WiFi technology. So everyone should be online with Wii. Bring on Mario Kart!

gotmilk0112
October 3rd, 2006, 22:03
nice :D

will Metroid prime 3 be online? that would be SWEET. you could have like, a 6-player game and with the ethernet thing, anyone can connect. :)

lexluthor
October 3rd, 2006, 23:17
nice :D

will Metroid prime 3 be online? that would be SWEET. you could have like, a 6-player game and with the ethernet thing, anyone can connect. :)

I was never that big of a Metriod fan.. I wasnt going to buy the Wii version. However if this was confirmed.. how could I say no. It would make sence as well considering the delay.

paul1991
October 3rd, 2006, 23:54
OLD NEWS!
This has been announced since E3 05 or so.

Video_freak
October 3rd, 2006, 23:57
I personally don't see why anyone would choose to keep long wires instead of buying a $20 WiFi router or somthing. It's still good news for them though! :D

fg-54
October 4th, 2006, 00:25
kewl! but i wonder how much its gonna cost.

Dee-Lite
October 5th, 2006, 15:44
I was never that big of a Metriod fan.. I wasnt going to buy the Wii version. However if this was confirmed.. how could I say no. It would make sence as well considering the delay.

Um have you even played MP1 and 2? Ahh too hard for you?:D

The Wii also connects locally to other wii's meaning you can have multiplayer lan games with your own full screens!
yaya u may say M$ and poop3 have it, well wotever- Wii is the one u r most like to take to your mates house as its portable. i miss the GC handle:( lol

tisti
October 5th, 2006, 16:47
I personally don't see why anyone would choose to keep long wires instead of buying a $20 WiFi router or somthing. It's still good news for them though! :D

Couse wifi cant get pass 5 concrete walls? ;)