PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Tops a Million

wraggster
October 3rd, 2006, 22:40
The DS has a new fastest selling game, and not surprisingly, it begins with a Poke. Pokemon Diamond & Pearl sold 1,586,360 units in its first four days of sales over in Japan, sales tracker Enterbrain reported today. This demolishes the previous record holder, New Super Mario Bros., which managed 865,024 units in its first week.

In case there was any concern about Pokemon's popularity being on the wane, here's another stat for you. Enterbrain's sales figures make Diamond & Pearl the fastest selling Pokemon title ever, topping Gold & Silver, which sold 1,425,768 units in its first week in 1999.

A separate sales tracking service, Media Create, has provided stats on the individual versions of the game. Diamond was apparently the more popular of the two, with 813,237 units sold, compared to Pearl's 762,029 units. The total doesn't match the Enterbrain figure, but this is usual for the different sales tracking data.

Diamond & Pearl will hit American in 2007, and is expected to see similar success at retail.

woods05
October 3rd, 2006, 23:33
I didn't think pokemon was that popular. I thought that game wouldn't do very well but I guess I was wrong. This will probably increase the DS's sales which is a good thing.

Video_freak
October 4th, 2006, 00:41
Pokemon has been out for over 10 years now. I thought much of its popularity was gone. I guess not.

kcajblue
October 4th, 2006, 00:53
i think only the popularity of the cardgame and maybe the cartoon is gone. not the games.

AtariFreek
October 4th, 2006, 01:46
The games have actually been gaining monentum, where older old-skool pokemon gamers are still throwing those red shiny balls, while younger players are joining in. I bet Pokemon Wii is gonna sell like 8 billion copies lol.

ACID
October 4th, 2006, 17:32
Ah i hope theres a pokemon for the WII

Rocksil
October 4th, 2006, 18:28
Ah i hope theres a pokemon for the WII
their is it called Pokemon Battle Revolution

dines333
October 4th, 2006, 19:22
where you can find DS emulator where you pokemon can diamond or pearl play:D:D:D

CampaKaze
October 4th, 2006, 19:50
Hey, Dines333, i hope ur not talkin about ROMs! and Holy Hell!!! thats alot! of games!!!!!!!! :O

FireStag
October 5th, 2006, 19:52
Shoot, I still pop in my emerald every now and again and check it out, those games never get old, and I guess this is proof.

JD/
October 5th, 2006, 20:14
Ive been playing pokemon since i was six I always buy pomkemon games even if it is jus the same old 8 pokemon gym battle theme i guess I been indoctrinated oh well. Gotta catch em all