PDA

View Full Version : Start-up text

IndianCheese
October 4th, 2006, 01:30
Is the phrase "Sony Computer Entertainment" on system start up a text string or more of an image? If it is a text string, it would be easily editable via hex editing.

Video_freak
October 4th, 2006, 01:30
I think it's a gameboot, isn't it?

IndianCheese
October 4th, 2006, 01:41
No, that is what plays when you start a UMD or homebrew. I am talking about the coldboot opening.

Nicko01
October 4th, 2006, 01:43
theres a program that you can use to customize that.
i forget what its called though...

AtariFreek
October 4th, 2006, 01:51
Damn! There is a program that will let you do it, i remember when it was released..... Try google.
If you find out let me know, I'd like to change mine to, AtariFreek's PSP

dejkirkby
October 4th, 2006, 10:34
The program is..........X-Flash. You can alter all kinds of PSP labels and boots with X-Flash. It's grrrrrrrreat.!

jak66
October 4th, 2006, 13:05
i thought x-flash could only remove that text?
only thing i can think of that does similar to what you want is the hello prx for custom firmware

S34MU5
October 4th, 2006, 16:36
open it up in notepad and you get a hole load of bollocks if your good with hex your might figure it out. but i think there is a prog for this. x-flash only removes it.

ACID
October 4th, 2006, 16:40
The program is..........X-Flash. You can alter all kinds of PSP labels and boots with X-Flash. It's grrrrrrrreat.!
do you know how it works if so let me know or pm me.:D

dejkirkby
October 4th, 2006, 16:46
i thought x-flash could only remove that text?
only thing i can think of that does similar to what you want is the hello prx for custom firmware

I apologise for misleading. Upon checking the Seven Hour Label Editor, there's no option to edit the coldboot text. Just one for de-branding.
My Bad.