PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Warrior?

michael chan
October 4th, 2006, 01:58
can someone try to port Shadow Warrior??

source:http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/6625

from 3d realms:

Say sayonara to all the Ninja wannabees that have gone before and strap on your combat sandals.. Lo Wang is coming to the Land of the Rising Sun to turn out the lights. If you can't touch, kill, or drive something, than blow it away! Enter the world's most interactive 3D environment, and cut yourself some sushi

gelon
October 4th, 2006, 10:38
Best FPS of all times :)

cracka350z
October 6th, 2006, 16:03
"man who stand on toilet high on pot!"

Zion
October 6th, 2006, 19:58
Duke nukem is already ported :rolleyes:

michael chan
October 6th, 2006, 21:21
Duke nukem is already ported :rolleyes:

oops lol i wrote duke nukem by accident.

michael chan
November 28th, 2006, 04:20
bump!

TacticalBread
November 28th, 2006, 07:10
This should be ported. It would be great :D If I had any coding knowledge, I would attempt it, but I don't. :(

splodger15
November 28th, 2006, 15:39
Its not easy porting games

michael chan
November 29th, 2006, 00:14
This should be ported. It would be great :D If I had any coding knowledge, I would attempt it, but I don't. :(

i have a lil coding knowledge but the source is way tooo dificult......

Baboon
November 29th, 2006, 10:32
I thought you guys ment Shadow Warriors, the 2-d side scrolling fighting game! ...now that shou;d be proted lol

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=S&game_id=9501

ExInferis
November 29th, 2006, 16:25
Didn't Shadow Warrior run on the duke3d engine? Has anyone tried just renaming the resource files for sw and copying them into the psp duke3d folder??

the_eternal_dark
December 3rd, 2006, 02:15
Didn't Shadow Warrior run on the duke3d engine? Has anyone tried just renaming the resource files for sw and copying them into the psp duke3d folder??

It's a slightly modified version of the Duke engine. Renaming the resources(?) doesn't work as the source is different. I suppose you could make a total conversion for Duke3D, but thats also a lot of work.

I still play it from time to time, but I still think Rise of the Triad is still better (just my opinion). Below is the source from the official site (they have a lot of sources there for other games as well, btw ;) )

ftp://ftp.3drealms.com/source/shadowwarriorsource.zip

http://www.3drealms.com/downloads.html

F9zDark
December 5th, 2006, 00:25
The Duke 3d engine is called the Build Engine. The games that used it that I know of are (in order that I played them):

Duke3d
Shadow Warrior
Blood
TekWar

All of the games are very different from one another, for instance, in Blood, you could decapitate you foes in multiplayer and in one level, kick their head into a soccer goal, which would keep score. In Shadow Warrior there was basic support for vehicles. TekWar I don't remember much about it except all the levels were interconnected via subway.

Changing of the resources wouldn't work well at all in fact; some things that Duke3d source looks for in the texture files would be organized differently in another (for instance, at the beginning of the texture files, there were sector effects and other 'engine specific' entities.)

So every game must be ported independently for them to work properly.

ExInferis
December 5th, 2006, 11:56
Well the source code for the ported duke 3d will make a good point of reference for futher ports. Wish I had time to port it, sw rocks!

F9zDark
December 6th, 2006, 06:00
I am not sure if the person working on Duke3d for PSP ever released his source... :(

And I haven't seen him on here in ages, quite sad too if you ask me. Would be amazing to get Duke3d with multiplayer support on the PSP. I'd be in heaven. But then again I'd need another analog stick to play it properly :p

ExInferis
December 6th, 2006, 09:24
Yep the source is available, check the readme there is a link in there.

Be3f
December 6th, 2006, 14:07
DukeNucken 3D PSP port is based on jfDUKE-3D PC port; jfShadowWarrior PC pork is also avaluable (a half a year ago, I've replayed Shadow Warrior on it =))... so, why jfSW can't be ported? We only need an advanced coder...

F9zDark
December 6th, 2006, 20:25
DukeNucken 3D PSP port is based on jfDUKE-3D PC port; jfShadowWarrior PC pork is also avaluable (a half a year ago, I've replayed Shadow Warrior on it =))... so, why jfSW can't be ported? We only need an advanced coder...

Yeah we need a coder, but things have a been a bit slow around here as of late and it seems that all of the coders that were working on the big projects left town. The only real complete port of anything we have is Quake; which supports sound, mulitplayer, etc.

the_eternal_dark
December 10th, 2006, 19:20
The Duke 3d engine is called the Build Engine. The games that used it that I know of are (in order that I played them):

Duke3d
Shadow Warrior
Blood
TekWar

In each game, the engine was modified very slightly, whether it was the up/down looking that was eventually updated to be more realistic (remember verticle aiming in Duke3D, it wasn't pretty) or updated physics (such as heads popping off, among other things).