PDA

View Full Version : So this is my 2000th post

quzar
October 4th, 2006, 13:15
So it's been 2 1/2 years. I originally opposed this site, as I firmly believed that the time could be better put into aiding other Dreamcast sites. It's funny because I joined 100% to keep track of an participate in this thread: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2992 which for the first almost year and change of the site, was the longest topic here, and I defend is still one of the if not THE most technically informative.

About a year after I joined, I released my first first Dreamcast port (not the first thing I had worked on, as I had already garnered some props from my help with NeoCD), and I was simultaneously made staff and betrayed by my mentor who was subsequently banned for his repeated flaming of me and the threat to post my address (which he had because I had sent him a coder's cable). Around that same time I picked up my two most well known projects which I still work on today NeoDC and HuCast.

Much time passed. neo4all was released, and there was much flaming. The psp section was formed and there was much noobing. Ah how I miss the days of the 1.5 rule (a rule I suggested which prohibited the discussion of homebrew on or hacking of psps with the 1.5 firmware). We had problems with reaper, problems with cless, early forum members like mental2k and his "phd", the changeover from yabb, the new theme, issues with GPL (which have been going on behind the scenes for months prior to coming public), people not thinking I was staff (why i had to have /staff added to my title), most of the DC users leaving, some of the psp users actually being intelligent, me meeting some of the high ups in person, me fearing losing my position here, and just yesterday being told that I was definetly considered senior staff here (while I had been worried that I was going to be stripped of rank).

It's been a good 2000 posts, and there are none that I regret. I hope that there's enough reason for me to make another 2000.

Have a nice day all.

Darksaviour69
October 4th, 2006, 13:45
OMG what a spammer!!!, where is my ban hammer!

in other news, i didn't even notice that i was over 3000,

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=60 ( need to sort that page out)

your 7th.... hey wtf i'm 4th!!! i was second for years

quzar
October 4th, 2006, 14:44
It's because we've got a handfull of psp spammers =P. Also, that page NEEDS to be fixed, it takes wayyyyy too long to come up and is in general... broken.

1stvinicius
October 4th, 2006, 16:23
All these stuff makes me feel like im a complete noob :rolleyes: Thousands of posts here and there and I'm here with my first appearance in the hundred universe...

I've been watching the scene for all this years but didnt posted as much as I should. The most pop site at the beggining of the scene was DCemulation and I used to get there almost everyday but only to read the news, DL stuff, read tutorials to stop burn coasters... I used to post more at [email protected]. BTW, do you guys go there? (I just love the description they put on the members according to the posts they have. You guys should have something like "needs a life" or "freaking poster"... hehehe :p

S34MU5
October 4th, 2006, 16:24
that page has so many pages!!!!!
quzar r u on dial up?

quzar
October 4th, 2006, 16:43
that page has so many pages!!!!!
quzar r u on dial up?

I'm on the opposite. Internet2.

Darksaviour69
October 4th, 2006, 17:23
I was simultaneously made staff and betrayed by my mentor who was subsequently banned for his repeated flaming of me and the threat to post my address

that sound like you did some thing wrong, lets make it clear the "mentor" was an ass, i can't believe i defended him, back in the day.

Nice little write up quzar

ACID
October 4th, 2006, 17:26
Wow congrats

quzar
October 4th, 2006, 17:48
that sound like you did some thing wrong, lets make it clear the "mentor" was an ass, i can't believe i defended him, back in the day.

Nice little write up quzar

yea, I defended him a lot too, but to a large extent lots of people trashed him just because it was him w/o looking at the situation first. Even though he usually did deserve it. I'm of the mindset that knowing someone has done crap in the past should only make you look harder to see wether or not they are doing crap now, as opposed to making you assume they are doing crap.

bullhead
October 4th, 2006, 17:59
How did he betray you?

quzar
October 4th, 2006, 18:21
How did he betray you?

subsequently banned for his repeated flaming of me and the threat to post my address

More specifically, he claimed that the port I released was garbage as it could be done in a few minutes blah blah, then generic flaming, all brought on by the fact that he was pissed I was doing anything on my own as opposed to just feeding him code, which I had been doing for quite some time.

bullhead
October 4th, 2006, 18:49
He might just be Satan.....

Accordion
October 4th, 2006, 20:57
id just like to say thanks, quite entertaining, it could be a film. there was also a subtle hint of Spike Milligan, which was nice

Kramer
October 4th, 2006, 21:40
It's because we've got a handfull of psp spammers =P. Also, that page NEEDS to be fixed, it takes wayyyyy too long to come up and is in general... broken.

Lol I have alot of posts but im not a spammer id say 80% of my posts are helping people/noobs out.

JKKDARK
October 4th, 2006, 23:10
Lol I have alot of posts but im not a spammer id say 80% of my posts are helping people/noobs out.

20% for me :rolleyes:

Anyway, congratulations qusar. You are a great guy ;)

Cap'n 1time
October 4th, 2006, 23:50
i joined a month after quzar and was always afraid of his bluntness. quzar is the yin to my yang nowadays though.

pibs
October 4th, 2006, 23:55
so wut did you guys do with the betrayer?
killed him off?
more details this story is juicy lol

quzar
October 5th, 2006, 01:04
Chapter 1

And lo my children, written here is the tale of the betrayer. The betrayer went by many names, all of which to vile to allow to be spoken aloud, but he was known at times as the mulletted one, he who comes from down under, he who imagines he is a vocal artist, and chief married-to-a-street-whore. I met him many moons before the age of DCEmu.co.uk when the real dcemu was the only place to go for talk of emulation and homebrew on the Dreamcast. I walked into a conversation where he was being slandered and stood up for him. We became friend, and having known all my life that I was destined to be a programmer, I asked to apprentice under his guidance. And such was how began my path to homebrew glory, and such is the beginning of the story of myself and the betrayer.

ninja9393
October 5th, 2006, 01:14
Chapter 1

And lo my children, written here is the tale of the betrayer. The betrayer went by many names, all of which to vile to allow to be spoken aloud, but he was known at times as the mulletted one, he who comes from down under, he who imagines he is a vocal artist, and chief married-to-a-street-whore. I met him many moons before the age of DCEmu.co.uk when the real dcemu was the only place to go for talk of emulation and homebrew on the Dreamcast. I walked into a conversation where he was being slandered and stood up for him. We became friend, and having known all my life that I was destined to be a programmer, I asked to apprentice under his guidance. And such was how began my path to homebrew glory, and such is the beginning of the story of myself and the betrayer.
Man that is some good writting!
It sounded like it was from a novel

Shadowblind
October 5th, 2006, 01:32
Nice, I havent even gotten 1004 posts yet. Too bad I joined in March, I didn't even know DCEmu existed till I saw the link in PSP-hacks.com. :(

But congrats!! :D

And as for spamming... since my first real talk to DCEmu was in the /(o)(o)\ thread (if anyone still remembers ;) ), I guess Ive spammed about 25% of my posts :o

How much did you spam again?

ACID
October 5th, 2006, 01:44
Well i dont think the amount of post matter ,but helping the newcomers out does. Unfortunately wraggy has a six sence so i can never post any news because he always beats me to it.

The Hombrew Hunter
October 5th, 2006, 02:02
I beat him to two posts, muahahahahhaha!

Thank you POCKETHEAVEN.

So. I just hit my 1314th post. Yaying.

Junixx
October 5th, 2006, 02:36
but he was known at times as the mulletted one, he who comes from down under, he who imagines he is a vocal artist, and chief married-to-a-street-whore.

LMAO nice description, I found out about DCEmu by.....i think google lol its just about the biggest site for DS Homebrew and thats what i was looking for :) I love this site

and this is my....645th post lol

quzar
October 5th, 2006, 02:42
I'm on here every day. Unlike the last bunch of you to post in this thread, I do not spam. That's why it took since the foundation of this site for me to get up to 2000. damn spammers.

SiZiOUS
October 5th, 2006, 16:59
Chapter 1

I remember a sad story about this but i'm not sure if it's the same guy... he did a hack of an emulator right ?

Darksaviour69
October 5th, 2006, 18:04
....married-to-a-street-whore....
this is her!
http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/pics/gabbi_imr.jpg

this is not a joke, its really is

SiZiOUS
October 5th, 2006, 18:18
I remember a sad story about this but i'm not sure if it's the same guy... he did a hack of an emulator right ?
With your pict, i had my answer ... it's well him.

ExcruciationX
October 5th, 2006, 20:26
Congrat's quazar! I try not to spam, that's why I'm only at 376 posts.

Cap'n 1time
October 6th, 2006, 07:02
this is her!
http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/pics/gabbi_imr.jpg

this is not a joke, its really is

mom?

Kramer
October 6th, 2006, 07:14
No that's your dad.