PDA

View Full Version : Ton of new Resident Evil Info

Kaiser
October 4th, 2006, 15:03
- Resident Evil 5 Exclusivity Discussion
In an attempt to clarify the status of the release Resident Evil 5 after several rumours of purporting exclusivity, in a Next-Gen.biz podcast, Capcom’s Christian Svensson has said the game will not be exclusive to either PS3 or 360. When asked if it could be a timed exclusive, he said no – it will release on both platforms simultaneously.

- Resident Evil Wii Info Soon From Mag That Unveiled It
Game Next, the Hong Kong magazine that first broke the first details and name of Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles, says they’ll have more information on said game in their next issue, due for release October 6th.

- Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Collection
IGN (http://uk.cube.ign.com/articles/736/736741p1.html) is reporting that Capcom is working with EB Games and Gamestop to release the rumoured ‘Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Collection’ for GameCube for $39.99. The pack will contain the original versions of: Resident Evil: Zero, Resident Evil Remake. They theorize it may come in a collector’s tin. I’ve heard from a source that there could possibly be a booklet contained in the package.

Via eu (http://www.evilunleashed.com/)

JKKDARK
October 4th, 2006, 23:40
i hope to see screenshots from the wii version soon :)

Apoklepz
October 11th, 2006, 23:34
Thanks for the RE news, Kaiser...I'm probably gonna get a PS3 as soon as they lower the price...lol...Loooooooong wait for me :).

That 10th anniversary bit doesn't sound refreshing, though...Capcom already did this a while back with a bundle that had the same two games, for the same price even...It happened a little bit after RE4 came out....Heck, that's how I got them in the first place...Evil Evolved???...I think it was called....Anyways, they'd be better off making a bundle that has RE:Zero/RE:Remake/RE2/Nemesis & Code Veronica all in it + Wesker's Report DVD...ans it should go for no more than $60 to $100....That's celebrating Ten Years....I would buy it.

Or better yet...Pay close attention to this CAPCOM(yeah right)....Why not Remake RE2 and RE3:Nemesis the same way they did with RE1 for the Cube and release that as a 10th Anniversary bundle?....I'm full of Marketing Ideas like this one, I just work in the wrong place.lol

darkness-creepshow
October 14th, 2006, 03:36
They should of made resident evil 5 like stay alive...the next generation gaming i guess is what its called

wolfpack
October 14th, 2006, 04:34
RE5... yummy

SiZiOUS
October 14th, 2006, 15:56
For me, as i always do, my first nextgen is the one with RE5 :D

darkness-creepshow
October 14th, 2006, 20:58
Resident evil 5 is going to be more realistic and better graphics...what about everything else?? the 1 man survival theme is getting pretty old in games...they should take it further with more people like in the movies.:(

Amethyst
October 19th, 2006, 12:29
Although an occassional multiplayer survival horror game would be great (Obscure comes to mind. So much fun in co-op) I still love the isolated "1 man" survival games. Most survival horror games have captivated me so much that I rather be alone while playing them rather than have some punk running in circles online or some idiot yelling at the screen beside me. I guess I'm a purist.

I'm afraid that Resident Evil will lose it's atmospheric roots in favor of the RE4 zombie action overload. Sure, RE has never been strong when it comes to story but it did have one hell of an eerie atmosphere that RE4 very much lacked.

The collector's tin, if cheap, I might buy if it's cheap enough for when I get my Wii. But I agree with Apoklepz, why just those two games? RE:0 kind of sucked and REmake was pretty good, but where's RE2!? F'cking REmake the best game in the franchise already! Let's see that Licker in its full glory!