PDA

View Full Version : Miyamoto On the Wii: "The Hardware Is Basically A GC."

wraggster
October 4th, 2006, 17:19
The dig against the Wii is that it's pretty much a GameCube. With a new controller. But, so what? In a recent interview, Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto confirms that:

The hardware is basically a GC. We've upgraded our development tools to new versions but, you can still use GC programs as they are. With that in mind, I thought we could remake GC titles for the Wii and modify them to work with the Wii remote so that they're more fun to play.
Not only that, Miyamoto thinks Wii-makes won't command full price as its easy to find the original GameCube titles second hand. Though, fret not, Miyamoto notes that the Wii does have better graphic capabilities than the GameCube, and there will be eye candy games for the Wii. So, it's the GameCube, but better. What's wrong with that?

masterpaul
October 4th, 2006, 17:23
Shortly speaking that folk, who seems to have drank a beer. Says that:

You program games for the wii as you do for the GC. The consoles have the same infastructures.

brainpan
October 4th, 2006, 17:47
Although I am certainly not q graphics whore, I am a little dismayed that Nintendo didnt put more horsepower into the Wii. The graphics are so obviously not on par with 360 or PS3 it's almost funny. I guess financialy it was a good move for Nintendo as a company because they are not losing money on console sales unlike Microsoft or Sone but I can't help but a feel a little jipped paying 250$ for an upgraded Gamecube that includes a $60 controller. I'll still buy one though. :)

fg-54
October 4th, 2006, 21:10
true, but i must say that the graphics are quite disapointing, i mean, look at COD 3 for the wii:
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/736/736563/call-of-duty-3-20060929052356287.jpg

now look at COD 3 for the 360:
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/735/735963/call-of-duty-3-20060927051616440.jpg

they are both the seame game but in diferent consoles, now, i understand that the wii has less graphical capabilities then the 360, but i know that the wii can do better becouse even a gamecube could pull that off, and i want developers to stop using the wii's low power as an excuse to be able to be lazy and make bad graphics for it.

bsg
October 5th, 2006, 02:51
COD 3 screen is an early build and so is Far Cry Wii screens!

But I have something for you all:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7070/comparisonco7.jpg

Video_freak
October 5th, 2006, 03:26
Aren't most new consoles just better versions of the previous (XBox -> XBox 360; PS1 -> PS2 -> PS3).
I don't think graphics will be much of an issue on the Wii, at least when developers learn to fully use it's powers.

ICE
October 5th, 2006, 04:42
im not too concerned with the graphics on the wii. resident evil 4's graphics were more than sufficient for me. call me stupid but i dont think those cod shots looked that bad. i guess graphics arent that important to me and apparently all those millions of people who chose ds over psp. i have both. ds first though.

Amethyst
October 5th, 2006, 22:14
If most games make an effort to look at least RE4 good in graphics then I don't have a problem. But if they are going to look like early current gen games then I will be let-down.

The screens Bsq posted, if true, and this: "Miyamoto notes that the Wii does have better graphic capabilities", gives me confidence.

CampaKaze
October 5th, 2006, 23:30
Yah, like the fun about video games for me is with my friends and having a good time, so they come over and we play alot, like super smash bros melee n stuff, now the Wii brings back a whole new way to make a game so interactive between people and thats gonna be freakin awesome good time with my friends and thats what gaming (in my opinion) i all about, Entertainment! and anyone who thinks otherwise, just doesnt like lite guns or has no idea what games are for anymore.

pibs
October 5th, 2006, 23:45
Ill have to agree with the guys on top, because the fun factor of the game is what is most important, we still play snes games and genesis games don't we?

The price is a little steep but if u don't like it, theres 2 other systems to pick from so no biggie.

Dickhead
October 6th, 2006, 20:42
Well I have an xbox360 and I am going to buy the wii for our bedroom on our little tv. I have to say that I will use 360 on a large tv and wii on a smaller tv, but its not just about graphics its about gameplay. I think Wii will have great gameplay and I am looking forward to using the new controler. Love to see a STar wars game that uses the controler for a light saber!!!!