PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely brutal banned PSP ad

wraggster
October 4th, 2006, 17:51
Via PSPfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/10/03/absolutely-brutal-banned-psp-ad/)

This can not be real. PSP ads have been terrible for the most part, but this takes it one step further into the "what the f--- were they thinking?" category. The video is embeeded after the cut, but I'll have a FOX-like warning for you: Due to the violent nature of this advertisement, viewer discretion is advised.

Video Here -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGVFA-PGXPo

Thoughts ?

Uruz 6
October 4th, 2006, 17:54
Still that was fun :)

psychadelicious
October 4th, 2006, 17:55
I like it! And the background music kicks ass. Its "Come To Daddy" by Aphex Twin.

canwemakelove
October 4th, 2006, 17:55
tell me about it, thr goin crazy :eek:

S34MU5
October 4th, 2006, 17:59
hahahahah thats mental brutalaty
thats what i love

bullhead
October 4th, 2006, 18:01
Amazing! I want your souls!!! Aphex twin....sweet!

blaz3d
October 4th, 2006, 18:01
fools what where they thinking?!?!?!

mavsman4457
October 4th, 2006, 18:04
That's just disturbing.

gymnotropic
October 4th, 2006, 18:15
Wow...

Vega
October 4th, 2006, 18:24
hahaha. sweet. well, advertisements are recorded to get products noticed. and if that ever aired... it would be noticed! (maybe for the wrong reasons) . Still, I like it.

Mister Klownes
October 4th, 2006, 18:27
Maybe it's just me, but that didn't even make sense. I mean...where's the connection to the PSP, other than the oddly placed message at the end? which...also...didn't make sense. My vote is this is some kind of weird joke. That or there's some kind of context to it that only the Japanese would understand.

fucht017
October 4th, 2006, 18:27
"here is the wisdom.Let him that hat understanding count the number of the beast.For it is the number of a man.And his number is 666"...Book of revelation...chapter 13 verse 18...At least thats what i think about something that sickish:(

masterpsp2.6
October 4th, 2006, 18:29
i think its funny and it should be released

Cap'n 1time
October 4th, 2006, 18:32
with morons like that in the advertisment department it is making it easier for lawmakers to accuse video games as causing violence amongs children.

DarkXstrife
October 4th, 2006, 18:42
Thats ****ing hillarious

rehbock
October 4th, 2006, 18:50
sick ...
and
retardet

Nafogel
October 4th, 2006, 18:52
?:confused: ?:confused: ?
thats all i have to say.

compoman386
October 4th, 2006, 18:56
Come on that has got to be fake!

supergogogirl
October 4th, 2006, 18:58
that isn't actually real is it?

Veskgar
October 4th, 2006, 18:59
Is this a REAL Sony AD? Where the hell do they air these? Certainly not in the U.S.A. I've only seen 1 PSP commercial in the U.S.A. The one where it looks like the camera is the PSP's screen looking up at people playing it.

compoman386
October 4th, 2006, 19:03
Surely $ony wouldnt waste money on an advert so likely to get banned, even more so after their recent black/white PSP ad fiasco. Thats why I reckon it's fake.

weirdelf
with morons like that in the advertisment department it is making it easier for lawmakers to accuse video games as causing violence amongs children.
I couldn't agree more

Hungry Horace
"here is the wisdom.Let him that hat understanding count the number of the beast.For it is the number of a man.And his number is 666"...Book of revelation...chapter 13 verse 18...At least thats what i think about something that sickish:(

please!! get a grip!

it's a bloody advert... and throwing "the good book" at it and declaring it evil wont get rid of it.

i think it's kinda funny. and i love aphex twin.. heh... fine, dont like it (i can see why many wouldnt) but to call it "the works of satan"... laughable.

Granado_jake
October 4th, 2006, 19:07
That was cool, lol, it is not promoting violence in children, it is showing what they could do besides fighting, in turn the PSP is sort of like a mediator between them lol

compoman386
October 4th, 2006, 19:10
Dosn't anyone else think it must be faker than a six pound note?

F9zDark
October 4th, 2006, 19:15
Hah instant classic. Nothing like seeing two kids beat the shit outta one another. Good thing Sony didn't drop in the whole PSP Black and PSP White thing in there ;)

jimmi
October 4th, 2006, 19:24
intresting .. ?

LAW666
October 4th, 2006, 19:26
Dosn't anyone else think it must be faker than a six pound note?

i had a six pound note once...

erm... anyway, was a highly amusing advert, i liked it, makes me want to go out and buy another psp!

F9zDark
October 4th, 2006, 19:43

Actually, if you think about it, this ad may be saying that video games lessen violence. If you watch it again, clearly the violence is brought on by more traditional ways of play (sports, for instance; which derived from the Greek and Roman sports, some of which were EXTREMELY violent. Hockey retains much of that today, with its violent fights).

It seems that, if Sony made this ad, that they are trying to inform the public that video games are a safer, non-violent alternative to other pass times. Back in the day, I had seen plenty of scuffles over sports and more active/aggressive games, but more passive games like cards and chess never led to such (at least in my observations).

CrAzY_fLiP3
October 4th, 2006, 19:56
lmao silly sony. violence is not the answer

gotmilk0112
October 4th, 2006, 19:56
what.....the......F**K WAS SONY THINKING?!?!?!?

grit
October 4th, 2006, 20:04
LOL :D I was correct: Sony spells 666ony!

LloydKansas
October 4th, 2006, 20:06
I dunno, looks pretty bogus to me. The only part even pertaining to a PSP is when the footage ends and it shows the PSP and says "the painless alternative to having fun" or whatever, which is fake. Say what you will, but I think this footage could be from anything.

F9zDark
October 4th, 2006, 20:13
It wouldn't surprise me if one of the kid's older brother made the video. My younger brother's friend made a video of him and my brother lightsaber fighting, then using a movie making program inserted the light and sound effects. Was damn amazing, just like the real thing...

Cloud_35
October 4th, 2006, 20:29
Funny video.

The banning maybe was a joke. You know, in each south park episode, you see a black screen of warning.

(Racist!!!??? Just adjust the brightness!!!)

Malksta
October 4th, 2006, 21:17

migsgiz
October 4th, 2006, 21:38
fake fake fake

vladiftodi
October 4th, 2006, 21:40
whell its loading, i dont have so big speed, so ill watch, u mean its not full version :(
its been cuted? damn

vladiftodi
October 4th, 2006, 21:45
i cant believe sony made it, whell not somy they paid a plubicity company or smth
cool video, but wont attract nobody

gamesquest1
October 4th, 2006, 21:46
errrrrr and not only that sony could make a follow on ad to advertise there eyetoy for the clever psp users to record the fight :P lol

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 4th, 2006, 21:47
i quite like it....but sony really doing the wrong thing with these ads..

Tron_Fan
October 4th, 2006, 21:53
I think it's fake. The production value is really amateurish.

Zourn
October 4th, 2006, 22:03
Are people so seroiusly ignorant as to think that this "Banned Commercial!!1 ZOMG!" is real?

It's just like most other "Banned Commercials", outlandish, irrelevant, poorly done, and fake.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
October 4th, 2006, 22:35
i think its fake. but if it isnt , that is such a bad idea...

Junior
October 4th, 2006, 23:03
I doesn't matter if it's real or not. Whoever came up with this idea clearly had only one goal. Public attention.

Mission accomplished.

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 4th, 2006, 23:29
I reckon it's funny as... Shrug?

blackrave
October 4th, 2006, 23:39
That was pointless, retarded and, well.. Disturbing. If that's not a fake, then the Sony people who made this are insane.

pibs
October 4th, 2006, 23:50
He should of hit him with a bricked psp

Emeriastone
October 4th, 2006, 23:52
That was bad but it could be worse.

F9zDark
October 4th, 2006, 23:52
He should of hit him with a bricked psp

LMAO!!

'Tis the only good use for one :p

emuking
October 4th, 2006, 23:54
i hope you all realize this commercial was fake but still it was funny

fistikuffs
October 5th, 2006, 01:28

Yeah Maiden RULE!!!

Btw that ad is a bit too much for mainstream audiences i reckon. Funny as fook though!!:D

ACID
October 5th, 2006, 01:46
well old news , but hey fistikuffs you need to resise your sig.

ExcruciationX
October 5th, 2006, 01:48
Yikes! What where they thinking???

Basil Zero
October 5th, 2006, 01:48
Sony has reached a new low on advertising, hmmm its been bad since the psp was released....weird...

M!ckeY
October 5th, 2006, 03:00
that is the funniest shat ever...lmao :D

Video_freak
October 5th, 2006, 03:20
I'll give props to anyone who can air this on TV. :)

fistikuffs
October 5th, 2006, 03:49
well old news , but hey fistikuffs you need to resise your sig.

I thought i did:confused:

AtariFreek
October 5th, 2006, 04:36
You know, this is the type of thing where it's hard to watch, but impossible to look away. Congrats on grabbing my attention $ony, but i don't think parents needed to see that lol. Now they have an excuse not to let their kids buy PSP's. They might get beaten up to bleeding with "Come To Daddy" playing in the background.

idapimp
October 5th, 2006, 05:09
that was totally badass

fnx
October 5th, 2006, 09:42
That was weird, sick, disturbing, wrong but still fun :)

mr_nick666
October 5th, 2006, 09:43
If you dont realise this is fake then there's no hope for you! :eek: Not even $ony would be retarded enough to make an add like this... Plus the tag line "PSP - the alternative to fun" (roughly what it said! :o ) is a bit fishy! :rolleyes:

MUDD
October 5th, 2006, 14:43
i was like maybe at first but then the smarter of youz pointed out the stupid tag line PSP - the alternative to fun, i cant figure out what that means ,so its fake as hlle.
but cools as shite.

not to far from the truth about little punks in the schools and around such ,they scare me and my home school kids. kids are angels around adults then break out the bummpy face and newports when there not ,its a mad house.

Vega
October 5th, 2006, 15:36
people really need to develop a sense of humor. This ad would have been shown well after the watershed, so adults should be the only ones viewing it. and if there are grown adults here thinking its totally sick etc... you really need to lighten up. it doesnt even show any real contact or anything. you see worse things all the time. really, this isn't as bad as what people are making it out (but thats just my opinion)

plus its fake.

Dickhead
October 5th, 2006, 15:57
Well If its been banned then its becasue of political correctness. Yes this video is sick and is over the top. But You have to remember that Human rights and other laws dont exist and are being abused in China and Japan, we will see alot more of things like this in the future being made then banned. You also have to remember that China and Japan is getting more powerful as nations.

Cap'n 1time
October 5th, 2006, 18:37
people really need to develop a sense of humor. This ad would have been shown well after the watershed, so adults should be the only ones viewing it. and if there are grown adults here thinking its totally sick etc... you really need to lighten up. it doesnt even show any real contact or anything. you see worse things all the time. really, this isn't as bad as what people are making it out (but thats just my opinion)

plus its fake.

Nothing is funny about meaningless burtal violence. Its idiotic.

Vega
October 6th, 2006, 04:31
Nothing is funny about meaningless burtal violence. Its idiotic.

Dude,, the kid wouldnt give him back his ball... that is meaning enough!

just kidding, just try to watch it from a different light. , Its an advertisement... Its acting,,, ITS NOT REAL . Its to get a product noticed, its not trying to speak volumes on the state of society or encourage violence. The creators knew it would be on after the watershed and only adults would see it, and they presumed that adults would see the funny side of it. Obviously they didnt, but it at the end of the day, its acting, its not real, its an advertisement.

mr_nick666
October 6th, 2006, 09:44
/\ /\ You still sound like you think its real! :eek: Read the tag line at the end! - Its clearly a fake so this whole thread is a bit of a moot point :o