PDA

View Full Version : Dismantle A PSP In Five Minutes Or Less

wraggster
October 4th, 2006, 23:13
Via Aeropause (http://www.aeropause.com/archives/2006/10/dismantle_a_psp.php)

No, this isn't some crazy new contest, this is a demonstration of how to install a PSP mod called PSPTV. It basically involves taking out every damn screw and peeling off every piece of adhesive. I'm sure there are people out there who have actually gone through this nightmare process, but I'll never be one of them.

I recommend viewing with the music off, because it loops to eternity.

Video Here --> http://www.youtube.com/v/6OtL7ZaRZsE

Thoughts ?

acn010
October 4th, 2006, 23:27
lol, i just dismantle my psp in order to change my broken screen to a new one........... took me 30 minutes..........

orochi-x
October 5th, 2006, 00:17
That PSP2TV vid has been around ages :rolleyes:

Are those things any cheaper yet? I want one so I can control my in-car PSP with a pad but nearly £100 is a bit extravagant even for me :D

James1709
October 5th, 2006, 00:23
Wow, very cool!

pibs
October 5th, 2006, 00:46
After opening my psp ive had serious problems with my R button getting stuck and etc but I get used to it. Maybe I did something wrong, ill ask them if they can ship me a new one

kcajblue
October 5th, 2006, 00:59
ive never had a reason to open my psp. :P

gymnotropic
October 5th, 2006, 01:09
Thoughts:
I hope I never have to do it.

Mister Klownes
October 5th, 2006, 01:15
I've attempted to install PSP2TV before. Needless to say, I've got two batteries, two 32mb cards, and two power chargers. Call it a $350 lesson in not fixing things that ain't broke.

Apoklepz
October 5th, 2006, 01:26
Yeah, this video pretty much guided me through installing my new motherboard....It's been on the net for quite some time, though.

Shadowblind
October 5th, 2006, 01:30
This lied! It said you could dismantle the PSP in five minutes with this! It took me a whole 5 minutes and 1 second to do it! cheap!

Basil Zero
October 5th, 2006, 01:34
i wont do it also!

ACID
October 5th, 2006, 01:38
I desmanteld one of mine just to see the inside. But i also changed the fase plate.

Man
October 5th, 2006, 01:54
I hope not to have to do this, but it would be fun, i screwed up my ipod video by taking it apart, in wont close anymore. :(

Kramer
October 5th, 2006, 01:58
I thought it would be more complicated then that. I might get a faceplate now ive seen how easy it is to open up.

Can anyone tell me what the highest qaulity faceplate is?

mavsman4457
October 5th, 2006, 02:00
I have installed two screens using this video.

M!ckeY
October 5th, 2006, 02:57
i take apart my psp's for kicks >.>

Broadus
October 5th, 2006, 03:07
Replacing the faceplate is really easy. You have to worry about dust that may fall behind your replacement faceplate, or on the PSP's exposed LCD screen. Always work in a sterile environment... I didn't. There's still a few dust particles behind the faceplate that can be seen in some lightings.

As for highest quality faceplates, I'd buy an official Sony faceplate, or maybe the faceplates advertised on DC Emu. I made the mistake of buying a faceplate on eBay. I needed a faceplate (there's a humongous crack in the original), so I bought a cool-looking third-party completely transparent one. The D-pad and face button holders weren't shaped properly, so I couldn't put my original ones on (meaning I'd have no D-pad or face buttons), and it wouldn't fit all the way on the PSP screen. So, don't trust just any faceplate.

I disassembled my PSP and it STILL has the cracked faceplate with the dust behind it...

Video_freak
October 5th, 2006, 03:12
What's the point of completly dismantling a PSP?

juggaleaux
October 5th, 2006, 03:31
I won't do it, because I can't afford another one if I fark something up. :P

dukepoth
October 5th, 2006, 03:36
five minutes my ars! it took me 1 hour to figure out how to change my LCD screen

Basil Zero
October 5th, 2006, 03:51
how long would it take to put a joy stick.....analog stick...whatever u call it...lol?

Mr. Shizzy
October 5th, 2006, 04:22
Is there any place selling PSP's pre-modded with this PSP-2 TV thing? I would buy one. I already have the NYCO PSP on TV adaptor, but the picture quality is better on this one, and I would love to play my PSP with a PS2 controller :D

There is no way in hell I'm trying to install this thing myself. lol

Emeriastone
October 5th, 2006, 05:34
If the quality for PSPTV is good and perhaps if the price is decent then maybe it's worth spending time and money on (if you're into that kind of thing).

EDIT - Also, I was thinking again about the irony of the Modchip & downdater/devhook thing that pretty much made the modchip obsolete and I was thinking:

The recent news about the PS3/PSP interconnectivity is fairly interesting and if it's as good as we hope it will be, then perhaps there is a way to exploit it to run homebrew or regular PSP UMD titles on your Television. Such a cabaility would make something like this 119 USD product obsolete as well.

Still, even to consider this you'll need to drop your 600 USD for a high-end PS3...

Worth it? Idk.

LC_killer
October 5th, 2006, 06:37
how long would it take to put a joy stick.....analog stick...whatever u call it...lol?

when i did it, i think it took me 5 minutes. really easy. you only need to take out a few screws.

samthegreat68
October 5th, 2006, 07:29
you couldnt pay me to do that!!!!
unless it was with someone elses PSP =D

yakumo
October 5th, 2006, 07:54
I think that I would lose some screws in the process. What was very nice of that video was the music, much fun!

mr_nick666
October 5th, 2006, 09:05

If you're on about changing the analogue nub then it takes about 15 seconds! :D I got a couple (small/large) off ebay and they just plop on! :p

Fascinating video :) The TV adaptor looks pretty cool on - they really make it look part of the PSP :D Im almost considering one... :rolleyes: It would be great for pissing off my good lady on holiday! :o

gotmilk0112
October 5th, 2006, 12:33
if that guy is going for speed, in the video there are bunches of little "lags" in the video where he instantly jumps to doing other things. i dont know what you mean by this "dismantle in 5 minutes".

MrNick: there are ones that are the exact same thing as this one but require no modding of your psp.... they just snap on. u dont have to open your psp or anything.

mr_nick666
October 5th, 2006, 12:54
MrNick: there are ones that are the exact same thing as this one but require no modding of your psp.... they just snap on. u dont have to open your psp or anything.

Do they look sexy and where can I be directed to them!? :p

Basil Zero
October 5th, 2006, 14:42
how much does it cost?

LAW666
October 5th, 2006, 20:40
that video was almost 10 mins long, with bits sped up, and the music is cool!

splodger15
October 5th, 2006, 20:57
ive never had a reason to open my psp. :P

Same here

Vangar
October 6th, 2006, 14:22
How to dismantle in 5 minutes... when you edit the film.

Mr. Shizzy
October 10th, 2006, 11:38

Yes they do have tv adaptors (NYCO) that require no modding of the PSP. But it takes the image from the PSP screen with a mirror/projector, so the quality is not as good as this would be. (you see, the psp has no video out, thats why this requires modding the PSP) I have the NYCO psp-to-tv adaptor, and I would have to say that the screen quality is pretty good, but not as good as this would be. Plus, this would allow you to use a PS2 paddle to play your psp games. :D

mr_nick666
October 10th, 2006, 13:03
Yes they do have tv adaptors (NYCO) that require no modding of the PSP. But it takes the image from the PSP screen with a mirror/projector, so the quality is not as good as this would be. (you see, the psp has no video out, thats why this requires modding the PSP) I have the NYCO psp-to-tv adaptor, and I would have to say that the screen quality is pretty good, but not as good as this would be. Plus, this would allow you to use a PS2 paddle to play your psp games. :D

/\ /\ I thought Id seen something like that on here! :rolleyes: Hmmm.. This version (even though its more invasive) seems like the best option :) Like you say - The ability to use a PSX controller is really cool :p It does look very discreet the way theyve cased it too :cool: