PDA

View Full Version : The story of Yoshi’s Island DS

wraggster
October 5th, 2006, 00:14
Baby Mario isn’t alone in Yoshi’s Island DS, he’s joined by Baby DK, Wario, and Peach. Each baby gives Yoshi different powers when Mario is on his back Yoshi gets extra speed, Peach gives him the ability to fly and DK gives Yoshi extra strength. Yoshi has all of his trademark egg-throwing, ground pounding, flutter jumping and vehicle morphing movies from previous games in the series. Similar to Yoshi’s Touch and Go action takes place on both screens. See the screenshot of the Shy Guy on stilts? The only way to hit him is nail him with eggs from below.

So why is Yoshi going on an adventure? When all of the babies are hanging out on Yoshi’s Island Kamek attempts to snatch them away. Baby Mario, Peach, DK and Wario escape, but Baby Luigi gets nabbed by Kamek. Yoshi and all of the babies jump to rescue him. Poor Luigi he’s always getting in trouble.

Screens Via Comments
via siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2006/10/04/the-story-of-yoshis-island-ds/)

The Hombrew Hunter
October 5th, 2006, 00:25
I say they should let Luigi bitchslap them in his own REAL game!

kcajblue
October 5th, 2006, 00:26
the SNES Yoshi's Island is fun! :D

cloud_952
October 5th, 2006, 07:29
Baby Mario isn’t alone in Yoshi’s Island DS, he’s joined by Baby DK, Wario, and Peach. Each baby gives Yoshi different powers when Mario is on his back Yoshi gets extra speed, Peach gives him the ability to fly and DK gives Yoshi extra strength.

And.. what does Wario do? o_o That's kinda an oversight in the article..

souLLy
October 5th, 2006, 08:55
I never actually really liked Yoshi's Island, the baby floating away in the bubble and aiming eggs really got repetitive and annoying for me after a short time... that said I'll still probably pick this up if I see it cheap

Jay_PaRaDoX
October 5th, 2006, 11:56
the SNES game is one of my favourite, and i'm looking foward to this one. I hope it works on supercard when it comes out

Lainy
October 18th, 2006, 22:24
Hi Jay been awhile since I've heard from you! It's Lolainya! anyway hope you are ok.

Rocksil
October 18th, 2006, 22:49
this game will surely be sweeeet!