PDA

View Full Version : I Wanna Make Dvd (movies!!) For My Ps2! Any Proggys?

Tetris999
October 5th, 2006, 02:39
I have a ps2 and i humungo of simpsons episodes that are xvid videos so like i want to put these videos onto a CD-R (i dont got a dvd burner! Sniff)and play it on my ps2! any proggys?How tos? help me dudes

Oh yeah i was wondering just for the heck of it is there a way to load prgrams on your ps2 with out swap magic modchips etc etc?

SSaxdude
October 5th, 2006, 02:54
There's a great program called ConvertXtoDVD. It lets you convert .avi/.mpeg/etc to DVD/VCD/SVCD. If you don't own a DVD burner, then you'll have to burn VCDs. VCDs can't be used on most players. I've burned DVDs, but they will not work on a PS2, same with VCDs. Xbox cannot even play VCDs (well maybe a modded one.)

My suggestion is to buy a DVD burner, mine cost $50 off newegg.com and it's also external. Most DVD players will play burned DVDs.

Tetris999
October 5th, 2006, 03:13
so like i need dvd to be burned not cd-rs?

im gonna test out the vcd even when you told me not to :P

SSaxdude
October 5th, 2006, 04:29
A CD burner can burn VCDs, because they use plain CDRs.
You can go ahead and try the VCDs but they definately won't work on your PS2. Some DVD players can play them (but not well.)

jonezybaby
October 5th, 2006, 14:14
I Use Nero 7 Or Win Avi, Both As Good But Win Avi Quicker!!

Darksaviour69
October 5th, 2006, 14:21
dreamcasts can play them

SSaxdude
October 5th, 2006, 21:53
Yeah but don't the VCDs that work on DC have to be low quality.

Tetris999
October 6th, 2006, 05:28
yeah but dreamcast is like umm wel i dont know ABANDONED OF BEING MADE AS A SYSTEM

)no offense dude_)

ACID
October 6th, 2006, 05:58
yeah but dreamcast is like umm wel i dont know ABANDONED OF BEING MADE AS A SYSTEM

)no offense dude_)
What dream cast is the best homebrew counsil:eek:

Cap'n 1time
October 6th, 2006, 06:58

)no offense dude_)

blasphemy!

dejkirkby
October 6th, 2006, 07:55
Captain Awesome!! Cool. I say he should walk the damn plank for saying that.

Tetris999
October 7th, 2006, 02:26
well it is true come into a store and ask for a dreamcast they'll be like WTF you talkin bout BOI!

how is that insulting anyone seriously dreamcast production has been stopped long ago and they probably cost loads of money cuz of that

Cap'n 1time
October 7th, 2006, 11:14
well it is true come into a store and ask for a dreamcast they'll be like WTF you talkin bout BOI!

how is that insulting anyone seriously dreamcast production has been stopped long ago and they probably cost loads of money cuz of that

i dont know, but if i ever go to a store asking for dreamcast stuff and the yell at me "What they **** you talkin' bout BOI!" id laugh.

Darksaviour69
October 7th, 2006, 16:20
there where 10 million dcs made, and are still cheap easy to get second hand $25/£20

Tetris999
October 7th, 2006, 17:30
25$ ONLY YOU SERIOUS!??!?!?! HOLY SHIT I GOTA GET ME ONE TELL ME WHERE????

please?

SSaxdude
October 7th, 2006, 18:19
I've boughten 2 DCs at Gamecrazy for $25 each. One I kept the other I gave to my friend.

Homebrew on DC: the best thing about it is that you don't need any modchip or special firmware. Emulators (NesterDC and DreamSNES) are great. If you have a modded Xbox or PSP you might be kinda disappointed, but it's still pretty good. I still love all the commercial games for the DC, and that's my favorite part of the DC.

DC=great commmercial games + easy to use homebrew

Tetris999
October 7th, 2006, 19:26
damn i need to get me one! 25$ is cheap cheap cheap!

Skye
October 8th, 2006, 04:27
Actually there a few down where I live for 20 bucks. Also, most of the games are around 3 or 4 dollars. With all the homebrew and emulators for it, plus all the great games. How can you say no?

Tetris999
October 8th, 2006, 08:05
im having trouble finding agood price for i though :P