PDA

View Full Version : Generic Downgrader for 2.71

wraggster
October 5th, 2006, 22:20
Dark Alex has released a new downgrader for the PSP, heres the release details:

This downgrader lets a psp running firmware 2.71 and HEN C (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37415) to downgrade to any version from 1.50-2.60, or even reflash the 2.71 version.

This downgrader is safer, faster, and a lot easier to use than the previous downgraders. It also makes a clean firmware install, since this time there is a format of flash0 (just like sce updaters do).
A firmware dump is not needed, only the eboot.pbp of an update.

Ta-082 users can downgrade to 2.70/2.60/2.50. TA-082 users, DO NOT downgrade below 2.50.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

idapimp
October 5th, 2006, 22:23
kickass news for homebrew. once again dark alex comes through

NoQuarter
October 5th, 2006, 22:27
Just plain awesome, no more firmware dumps necessary :)

Prasoc
October 5th, 2006, 22:30
omg, you can pick which firmware you want to downgrade to now :O

burrito
October 5th, 2006, 22:32
If you have 2.71 TA-082 why would you downgrade to 2.5 if only 2.71 can emulate 1.50? o_0

I have a 2.71 TA-082… I just need a TA-082 downgrader to 1.50

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 5th, 2006, 22:33
Is there no end to this guys talent ? great work Dark Alex and thanks im sure this will be of use to a few peeps.

canwemakelove
October 5th, 2006, 22:36
another big step for 2.71 userz:)

shrimpidy
October 5th, 2006, 22:38
Is there a 2.8 downgrader being worked on?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 5th, 2006, 22:40
Dark Alex done it again, very good for 2.71 users!!

ACID
October 5th, 2006, 22:42
Man Dark is definitely the man. How does he do it. Great work.

burrito
October 5th, 2006, 22:43
another big step for 2.71 userz:)
not for 2.71 TA-082 users...
emulated 1.50 (using DevHook) that runs on 2.71 is better than this
But Dark_AleX made both so good job.
2.71 homebrew > 2.50
because of DevHook that runs on 2.71

so this is a small step. A 1.50 downgrader for 2.71 TA-082 would be a big step
Ookm's SoftDown thing is pointless because he stopped doing it :mad:

carlitx
October 5th, 2006, 23:11
ya this seems pretty cool and all but i wann know if theres even a remote possibility of a downgrader for us 2.80fw usre cause i was stupid and did this not knowin wat i was at wen i 1st got my PSP.

mavsman4457
October 5th, 2006, 23:20
This would have been the perfect combination for 0okm's softdown method because he had only been able to downgrade 2.5's.

jonezybaby
October 5th, 2006, 23:21
Dark_Alex Is A God!!!!

Emeriastone
October 5th, 2006, 23:32
HOORAY!!!

Awesome DAX is GODLIKE.

pibs
October 5th, 2006, 23:34
Lets all hope and pray that dark alex gets Ookms method, I don't need it but it would be great for the psp community.

This thing is great I used it on my friends psp to downgrade and its soo user friendly.

thanks dark alex

Muhu
October 6th, 2006, 00:02
Great news yet again.
Heres what I have to say to $ony. http://www.socomarena.com/forums/images/smilies/swear.gif

gotmilk0112
October 6th, 2006, 00:07
SWEET! even tho i am blessed with 1.50

nice work alex

Score:

Homebrew: 15987320169187690431710976+54
Sony: -6

gamesquest1
October 6th, 2006, 01:13
Hey if a TA-082 user was able to downgrade to 1.50 or 1.00.....would they have to be extremly carefull as upgrading to 2.01 or below would break their psp wouldnt it?? or even to 1.50 from 1.00 i think all that might confuse a few people if they did downgrade, well im sure the soft downdater must not be too hard maybe he just dosnt want to create a program that automates the process
And nonono i aint saying its easy to do but if he can already do it surly making an automated application for signing the files on a pc must be dooable??

pibs
October 6th, 2006, 01:23
hey gamesquest1 thats a very interesting question, I wish I could answer it but im not informed on how that mobo works, maybe its just a fw lock for 2.5 and above and has no effect on the lower ones.

Too bad ookm stopped progress on the downgrader, we may never know now ><

Video_freak
October 6th, 2006, 01:27
Great news. Improved stability and safety is always a big +! :)

AtariFreek
October 6th, 2006, 01:42
I kinda knew he would make this lol. It's what the H-Brew enablers were hinted towards. Great release, keep it up man!

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 6th, 2006, 02:14
so it seems like there would be no more of a bricking risk than there would be with upgrading. am i right? please say yes

psp411
October 6th, 2006, 04:09
good news.... tnx dark alex... now downgradin ma cursed ta-082 wont be hard because of u.( not any lower than 2.5 of corse:P :D

Zhenek
October 6th, 2006, 05:25
So this is a replacment for an old version: _http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/753 ?

Jmanultra
October 6th, 2006, 05:46
I want to downdate my PSP with this new method, but I can't even get past installing Hen C! I must've restarted my PSP over 20 times trying to get Hen C to run for the first time. Is this constant freezing normal? Are there any tricks I should know about to lessen my chance of having it freeze in photo mode? Please help!

Jmanultra
October 6th, 2006, 06:36
Update: I managed to get Hen C to install (got the green screen and reboot), but I'm stuck again. I downloaded the updater and placed the firmware (changed the file name to UPDATE.PBP) in the Update folder as instructed but my PSP won't start the program. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

aj4000au
October 6th, 2006, 07:56
I want to confirm that this downgrader IS WORKING. I upgraded my 1.50, TA-079 PSP to 2.71, mainly to test the 2.71 homebrew loader, also made by Dark Alex. While that works as well, it did not run what I wanted it to run, so I used this downgrader and it worked flawless.

I hear all the happy TA-079 1.50 owners scream at me in unision for my stupidity of upgrading to 2.71. But... It was a risk that I took willingly, and it's paid off.

ab88
October 6th, 2006, 08:31
Keep it up DAX

mr_nick666
October 6th, 2006, 08:47
Is there no end to this guys talent ? great work Dark Alex and thanks im sure this will be of use to a few peeps.

/\ /\ Dark Alex truley is a legend :D Good news for those non TA-082 PSPers :p What will he come up with next (he asks expectantly!) :eek:

dejkirkby
October 6th, 2006, 08:50
This is truly great news. But the next big rocking downgrader should be either a 2.80/1 downgrader or a TA-082>1.50 downgrader.

razorak
October 6th, 2006, 09:15
this would be good for all who regretted upgrading to use hen :)

Jmanultra
October 6th, 2006, 13:05
My PSP is a launch unit currently running 2.71fw. I installed Hen C and got the green screen. Whenever I go into photos and use Hen C I now just get the blue screen and then the system shuts off. I turn the system on and try and run the downgrader program and the PSP simply tells me the game cannot be started. I renamed the firmware eboot to "UPDATE.PBP" as instructed, and the downgrader program is installed in my games folder. Am I not running Hen C correctly even though it installed? Am I missing something? Please help!

eldj
October 6th, 2006, 14:02
My PSP is a launch unit currently running 2.71fw. I installed Hen C and got the green screen. Whenever I go into photos and use Hen C I now just get the blue screen and then the system shuts off. I turn the system on and try and run the downgrader program and the PSP simply tells me the game cannot be started. I renamed the firmware eboot to "UPDATE.PBP" as instructed, and the downgrader program is installed in my games folder. Am I not running Hen C correctly even though it installed? Am I missing something? Please help!
might need a reinstall since after the blue screen the psp isnt suppose to shut down, it would only restart

Yungblaqs
October 6th, 2006, 14:08
Thank you! Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!

mnuhaily22
October 6th, 2006, 14:12
This is no news for us ta-082 users, since the reverse devhook excists now. But big news for everyone else, this is probably the safest method yet, buy the way.By the way, can anyone please tell me where I can get the 2.71 update for my friend, he has 2.01 and would like to use the reverse devhook instead of the original(no clue why) but he has a 1004.

Jmanultra
October 6th, 2006, 15:23
might need a reinstall since after the blue screen the psp isnt suppose to shut down, it would only restart

Ok, I now have Hen C running fine, but when I try to launch the downgrader program through Games it simply reboots and nothing happens. I've placed the UPDATE folder in PSP/Games, and placed the firmware (which I renamed "UPDATE.PBP") inside PSP/GAMES/UPDATE. Do I need to do anything with the CRC folder? What am I doing wrong that I can't get this program to run?

S34MU5
October 6th, 2006, 16:17
If you have 2.71 TA-082 why would you downgrade to 2.5 if only 2.71 can emulate 1.50? o_0

I have a 2.71 TA-082… I just need a TA-082 downgrader to 1.50
the ta-082 softdown only works for 2.50 or 2.60
this will probably help

splodger15
October 6th, 2006, 18:03
This would have been good if you could of downgraded a TA-082 to 1.50

Still good news though

chiefy
October 6th, 2006, 20:24
Ok i was formally 2.6 user but succesfully downgraded using this. Thanks be to DA!!

ANyway now I wanna start using devhook but dont know where to begin. I only own one game that i played alot befor downgrading but it requires a higher firmware. Please somebody help me.

NoQuarter
October 6th, 2006, 20:27
Jmanultra:
The update eboot is supposed to be named eboot.pbp which then goes in a folder named UPDATE in the game directory.

chiefy
October 6th, 2006, 20:36
Ok i was formally 2.6 user but succesfully downgraded using this. Thanks be to DA!!

ANyway now I wanna start using devhook but dont know where to begin. I only own one game that i played alot befor downgrading but it requires a higher firmware. Please somebody help me.

NoQuarter
October 6th, 2006, 20:40
Not too difficult chiefy,
You need eloader, HenC, a 1.5 firmware dump and devhook below .46 as it has problems emulating 1.5

At least in theory it's not too difficult, I'm about to try this today.I have a friend with a ta-082 I'm trying to help enjoy homebrew.

EDIT: Are you using a 1.5?

BTW that's one big spliff you have there buddy,whew!

chiefy
October 6th, 2006, 20:59
yes i just went down to 1.5 now using the hen c and generic downgrader. SO im permanant 1.5 :)

NoQuarter
October 6th, 2006, 21:04
Awesome!!!!
Well just find yourself a copy of devhook(I use .46)and a 2.71 firmware dump, follow the readme and you should be good as gold :)

burrito
October 6th, 2006, 23:13
Does HEN work with 2.50 or just 2.71?

Inuyasha_989
October 7th, 2006, 03:19
I've got the same problem as Jmanultra.

I've gotten HEN_C to work, and I've placed the downgrader in and renamed the 1.5 Updater to UPDATE.PBP, but all it does is reboot. Nothing has changed. :mad:

Any ideas?

NoQuarter
October 7th, 2006, 03:22
The eboot goes in a folder named UPDATE,you keep the actual eboot named eboot.pbp.

Inuyasha_989
October 7th, 2006, 03:28
That brings up a conflict.

The ms0:/PSP/Games/UPDATE already contains an eboot.pbp (the downgrader), so that would necessitate deleting the downgrader to put on the updater.

Unless I missed something (which I probably did :P)

NoQuarter
October 7th, 2006, 03:31
Hmm,I'll go back and check the readme.As far as I know all updates are run like that.

As always I could be wrong though.

Inuyasha_989
October 7th, 2006, 03:36
To farther assist, can anyone who sucessfully downgraded post exactly what they did?

chiefy
October 7th, 2006, 03:59
The eboot goes in a folder named UPDATE,you keep the actual eboot named eboot.pbp.

Wrong.....sorry but thats not how it went for me.
Sure you make a folder within Games called "UPDATE" but you cant just shove the eboot.pbp in that folder because when everything is ready to go for the final step of downgrading and you're placing the 1.5 update in there you'll notice there's already a file in that folder called eboot.pbp...... so you name the "UPDATE" before you place it into the UPDATE folder.

at least thats how I did it.

NoQuarter
October 7th, 2006, 04:06
Oh ok,so what do you name the eboot?
Maybe these guys aren't using caps or something.
I haven't actually done this myself since I have a 1.5.
Sorry bout the mistake :)

Inuyasha_989
October 7th, 2006, 04:12
Chiefy, you're saying that within the UPDATE folder you have the downgrader as EBOOT.PBP and the update as UPDATE.PBP (with all of the other things) and it ran fine?

chiefy
October 7th, 2006, 05:21
To farther assist, can anyone who sucessfully downgraded post exactly what they did?

ok heres what I did... :)

1. RESEARCH and READ!!! Everything that goes for the Readme.txt that comes with every .zip or .rar you are about to install. Read forums and posts like you obviously are :)

still with me?????

2. Know your board...
here's a picture of what you look for
http://z.about.com/d/psp/1/0/9/1/-/-/pspboardphoto.jpg
Blue good :) Red bad :(

If you have the code on the left like the picture then you dont have the Ta-082 look closely.

So if you dont have the bad board then you're free to downgrade as long as you aren't past firmware 2.71 at this point. I was 2.6 when I started and updated today to 2.71.

If you do have the Ta-082 (aka Bad board) then the furthest back you can go is 2.5. Any further back will brick your psp 100%. Also you must be no higher than 2.71 firmware when you begin.

3. Ok so you have the good board and you want to downgrade from 2.71 . Im assuming you already upgraded to 2.71 from whatever you had before starting. I was 2.6 myself when I started.

Grab the firmware eboot.pbp that is legal and offered on QJ.net here is 1.5 (http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-%28EBOOT%29-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163) ok extract the folder to your desktop for use later on.

Ok lets grab Hen C now that we're 2.71 :)
CLICK AND DOWNLOAD (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37415)
Unpack the file and place the folder on your desktop like you did with the first one.

Now for the actual Downdater file
Wraggster has it attached to the first post in this topic. HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38119) Unpack the file and place the folder on your desktop.

You should have 3 folders on your desktop at this point...Eboot_1.5, hen_c, and Updateflasher.

4. Ok now I suggest having a clean reformatted memory stick. Also make sure your unit is at 100% battery..First step is to Open the "hen c" folder on your desktop and find the "MS_ROOT" folder, this is the only folder within the "hen_c" folder we are going to use. Open "MS_ROOT" and highlight all the files in there. Copy those to the root of your memory stick. When it say overwrite click yes to all and move on.

Ok after hen c was on my stick I disconnected froom my PC and went to the photo viewer on my psp. There'll be a file "HENC"....take a deep breath and keep your eyes on the psp screen.

The first time you run the program, you will see a blue screen, and then a screen that can be either two colors:

* Red: the files couldn't be written to the flash (it can happen a few times). Just keep trying.
* Green: The files were written succesfully. After that, the unit will be reboot.

The patch (HENC) will remain resident in memory, and even sleep mode won't delete it. Only a hard reset will remove the program from memory.

When you do a hard reset, you'll have to run the tiff (HENC) again from the photo viewer. This time there won't be a green or red screen, just a blue screen and then a reboot, since this time there is no need to write to the flash.

5. Ok now once that works make sure HENC is going for this step.
Open the "updateflasher" folder on your desktop and once again within this folder you'll see a "MS_ROOT" folder. Open it and copy the "PSP" folder to your memory stick. Click yes to overwrite.

6. Now GO to your memory stick and open your "PSP" folder then "GAME" and finaly "UPDATE"
GO into the "EBOOT_1.5" folder on your desktop and rename the EBOOT.pbp to UPDATE.pbp. Now place it inside the "UPDATE" folder you opened on your memory stick.

7. We're ready now this is the part where I crossed my fingers. We have HENC active and everything in place...Disconnect unit from PC and make sure battery is 100% again. Ok lets downgrade!!!
Go to the controller icon on your psp (game) and then down to the memory stick. Hit X and find the eboot. It was labeled x.yz or something like that when I clicked it. Anyway thats the update...er downgrade

watch the screen untill it finishes and reboots.

If all goes well...and it should. It did for me and Im retarded :)

Welcome to 1.5 :)
I'd erase your mem stick now tho

aj4000au
October 7th, 2006, 05:32

Ok. First off, let me make it clear my my PSP is a TA-079. 1.52 -> 2.0 -> 1.50 -> 2.71 -> 1.50.

1. Download this Updater and the Hen C EBOOT loader.

2. Install Hen C to your PSP's Memory Stick as instructed in the ReadMe file. It should be yourpsp:\PSP\PHOTO\HENC. Files in there should be "rand" and "loadbinary". There should also be some Data files in the root of your memory stick.

3. Install Updater to your PSP's Memory Stick as instructed in the ReadMe file. It should be yourpsp:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE. Files in there should be the EBOOT.PBP that came with updater and a few data files.

4 Download a FW 1.50 EBOOT.PBP file (Or whatever firmware you wish to use) and RENAME it to UPDATE.PBP, and then place it in the UPDATE folder.

5. Your Directory structure should be like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/aj4000au/untitled.png

6. Run Hen C. Do so by going to 'Photo' in the PSP menu and selecting the 'HENC' group. Your PSP should halt, then flash a blue screen, followed by a green screen and a reboot. If you get a red screen, pull your battery and try again till you get a green one.

7. CONNECT YOUR PSP TO AC POWER!! If for some reason your PSP has a power failure during the flashing process, you may end up with an expensive, slick black paperweight.

8. Run the Updater. It will appear in 'Game' as "PSP™ Update ver X.YZ" and have a red icon instead of the usual Sony blue. The process should take about a minute or 2.

9. After the flash and update, the PSP will power off. Power it back up to be presented with a blue screen with about 10 languages on it. Press the circle button and the PSP will power off once more.

10. Power the PSP back on and proceed through the setup as if it were a new PSP. Congratulations! You now have a FW 1.50 PSP.

NoQuarter
October 7th, 2006, 05:36
Nicely done guys,great step by step!!

MaxSMoke
October 7th, 2006, 05:50
But does this work on a white Japanese PSP?

chiefy
October 7th, 2006, 06:00
But does this work on a white Japanese PSP?
see my post from above. I think most white ones are TA-082's. Look on the back

and for refferance to some of the folders i spoke of in that post
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7739/desktoppicwd3.jpg

Inuyasha_989
October 7th, 2006, 06:05
As condescending as it was, It's obligatory to make a step-by-step for this stuff for ppl like me :P

Thx

carlitx
October 7th, 2006, 18:06
ok so you people just totaly ignored me all i wan is an answer to my question....is that s hard to ask?

chiefy
October 7th, 2006, 19:52
ya this seems pretty cool and all but i wann know if theres even a remote possibility of a downgrader for us 2.80fw usre cause i was stupid and did this not knowin wat i was at wen i 1st got my PSP.

Damn....maybe you shoulda researched a bit huh?

ok so you people just totaly ignored me all i wan is an answer to my question....is that s hard to ask?

No need to get rude...
I think you're problem lies within yourself.
You dont read stuff.
asking questiions is fine but ask the right ones.

There is nothing you can do at this time for 2.8 users NOTHING!

Sorry

spajdr
October 7th, 2006, 20:26
Sorry to ask, but i read on other forum, that now you can run ISOs even with 2.71? is that true?

.abc.
October 7th, 2006, 21:31
Dark Alex has released a new downgrader for the PSP, heres the release details:

This downgrader lets a psp running firmware 2.71 and HEN C (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37415) to downgrade to any version from 1.50-2.60, or even reflash the 2.71 version.

This downgrader is safer, faster, and a lot easier to use than the previous downgraders. It also makes a clean firmware install, since this time there is a format of flash0 (just like sce updaters do).
A firmware dump is not needed, only the eboot.pbp of an update.

Ta-082 users can downgrade to 2.70/2.60/2.50. TA-082 users, DO NOT downgrade below 2.50.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Dark_Alex's 2.71 SE-A SOON
i

Dark_Alex is about to release a 2.71 custom firmware for non-TA-082 devices called 2.71 SE (SE stands for Special Edition)

The revision A will feature:

- 1.00/1.50 Eboot support (both kernel and user mode)

- 2.71 Eboot support (both kernel and user mode)

- run on 2.71 vsh

- Ability to run devhook (both 1.50 and 2.71 versions are fully compatible)

- Ability to run any 2.71 (and below UMDs)

- 1.00/1.50 prx executable support

- support both kxploited and unpatched eboots for 1.50 kernel

- support any 2.71 homebrews codded for HEN C

- Compatibility is 100% for 2.71 homebrews and approx 99% for 1.00/1.50 homebrews

How does it work ?

Both 1.50 and 2.71 kernel are flashed into flash0
it uses 1.50 kernel to bootstrap patched 2.71 firmware

How to flash it?

You will need to use the helper that will be provided to get a complying dump into a DXAR format, once you get it done properly use the flasher to "update" to the 2.71 SE-A

Pros and cons ? :

Pros : - Full 2.71 homebrew support
- Almost full 1.50 homebrews support (some homebrews like umdemu or xflash might not work properly with it, still so far all of the 1.50 homebrews I tried worked fine)
- Recovery menu
- Full Devhook support
- Access to all 2.71 features
- Native 2.71 UMD support
- 1.50 decrypted prx executable support
- Real no-kxploit embebed (thus 1.00 unpatched eboot support)
- have access to all 2.71 kernel features using 2.71 homebrews, such as GPS support or wpa suppor

NoQuarter
October 7th, 2006, 21:51
spajdr:
No psp ISO discussion.

Prasoc
October 7th, 2006, 21:55
Omg, DaX wants 2.71 to become exactly 1.5, but better :O

spajdr
October 7th, 2006, 22:14
spajdr:
No psp ISO discussion.

Why not? i cant have image of my original ridge racer UMD disc? :-) i would prefer that instead of putting UMD disc into PSP all the time.

NoQuarter
October 7th, 2006, 23:12
You may very well be using an image of your disc but simply put it's against the rules here.

What you do is your business and there's cetainly nothing wrong with using your own stuff but rules are rules.I'm just trying to keep you from getting a warning.

Inuyasha_989
October 7th, 2006, 23:49
Dark_Alex is about to release a 2.71 custom firmware for non-TA-082 devices called 2.71 SE (SE stands for Special Edition)

Where'd you hear this? (Dont get me wrong, I'm not sceptical. I just want to know more :D)

Cloudhunter
October 8th, 2006, 00:01
Does this ring a bell? ;)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38302

Cloudy

Inuyasha_989
October 8th, 2006, 00:21
LOL, I fail at research.

I just bit the bullet and used the Easy 2.71 => 1.5 Full Downgrader. Then went to 2.0 and down'ed back to 1.5 for a clean install.

EDIT: Devhook with 2.71 FTW

NovaPulse
October 8th, 2006, 00:33
ok, i followed every step of how to do the downgrader (i followed both greatly detailed step-by-step guides) but when u click the downgrader from the game menu, my psp doesn't shut down and get a blue screen with 10 different languages as said on that second guide. My psp just reboots after i run the downgrader. Why isn't it shutting down? i've tried re installing everything into their folders about 22 times. Can someone help me? thanks.

chiefy
October 8th, 2006, 01:45
ok, i followed every step of how to do the downgrader (i followed both greatly detailed step-by-step guides) but when u click the downgrader from the game menu, my psp doesn't shut down and get a blue screen with 10 different languages as said on that second guide. My psp just reboots after i run the downgrader. Why isn't it shutting down? i've tried re installing everything into their folders about 22 times. Can someone help me? thanks.

Sounds like you're clicking HENC again. Thats the only way you should get a blue screen then a restart. Remember...first is to install HENC then run it once to get the blue screen then the green one if it worked. after that you go to the game section on the xmb and click memory stick. In there should be the Eboot to do the downgrade. If its not then you didnt follow the steps correctly.

HENC runs from photo viewer

Downgrader runs from game xmb.

NovaPulse
October 8th, 2006, 02:04
yeah, i got the blue screen from the henc part and then i got the green screen. After the green screen it restarted and then I did that henc thing again...which i think i shouldn't have..then i clicked on the downgrader thing from Xmb and it got the blue screen and restarted without shutting down. So if i did it wrong, how do redo it correctly then?

chiefy
October 8th, 2006, 03:16
yeah, i got the blue screen from the henc part and then i got the green screen. After the green screen it restarted and then I did that henc thing again...which i think i shouldn't have..then i clicked on the downgrader thing from Xmb and it got the blue screen and restarted without shutting down. So if i did it wrong, how do redo it correctly then?

Ok so your system is flashed then...good. YOu were ok to do henc again. Everytime after a full reboot or after a fresh restart you should run the HENC tiff. THat is if you are going to run homebrew on a 2.71. If you're going to be downgrading from 2.71 to 1.5 then Flash henc to your unit (Blue screen > green screen > reboot) then run HENC again...this time you will only get a blue screen then a soft boot. From here you run the downgrader from the game>memory stick xmb.

*Running the Henc only writes to flash the first time you use it. The downgrader eboot is unstable and may take several attempts. Once it works though you'll know it. I was a complete newb and figured it out.

*make sure you rename the eboot.pbp that you want to downgrade to on your mem stick from eboot to upgrade. ex: /psp/game/update/update.pbp

By the way...My psp has been 1.5 since just yesterday afternoon and im already turning off tv's and cableboxes at friends houses making them lose thier minds. "Who done it!?" ROFL

NovaPulse
October 8th, 2006, 03:22
ok i see how this works now. So what you are saying is for me to just keep clicking my 1.5 downgrader icon (which is red) from the game menu until it works?

*Update: i tried it again and then got this black screen with red words in it saying if i wanted to write the psp into flash. I hit "x" and then it restarted...so it worked!! :D well thanks for your help Chiefy!!!

Dark_Knight
October 8th, 2006, 03:26
i need help here as well
i downloaded both henc and the downgrader
did what they told me in readme
so i run henc then the blue screen pops up
and everytime, it fully restarts, i dont get non of the softboots
and the downgrade doesnt work after i restart the psp
what am i doing wrong here?

ps
i have no idea what XMB is and where HENB is

chiefy
October 8th, 2006, 03:37
ok i see how this works now. So what you are saying is for me to just keep clicking my 1.5 downgrader icon (which is red) from the game menu until it works?

*Update: i tried it again and then got this black screen with red words in it saying if i wanted to write the psp into flash. I hit "x" and then it restarted...so it worked!! :D well thanks for your help Chiefy!!!

so are you saying you now have a 1.5 psp? :) Friggin sweet man. I relove my psp all over again since Dark Alex made this possible.

NovaPulse
October 8th, 2006, 03:39
yep, i've got a 1.5 psp now!!! I got to get use to these options since there aren't no web or rss things lol. But yeah, i got a 1.5 again..yay! Dark Alex is awesome.

Dark_Knight
October 8th, 2006, 03:39
umm can anyone help me?
chiefy-when i click henc i just get the blue screen not the green then it just turns off
???

chiefy
October 8th, 2006, 03:45
i need help here as well
i downloaded both henc and the downgrader
did what they told me in readme
so i run henc then the blue screen pops up
and everytime, it fully restarts, i dont get non of the softboots
and the downgrade doesnt work after i restart the psp
what am i doing wrong here?

ps
i have no idea what XMB is and where HENB is

some of the readme.txt are off a bit. Disregaurd the HENB in the readme.

The XMB is what Sony calls their Shell. In other words the side scroll icon bar you pickk all your crap from...yeah that thing.

Now...
When you ran HENC the first time....did you get a green or red screen after the blue one?

The downgrader will not even attempt to run if henc isnt flashed. and running. YOu have to run Henc at least twice before you run the downgrader.

ANd if it is flashed and you just werent paying attention durring the green screen then its possible you didnt rerun henc after the reboot and before the downgrade program.

And if its none of those then you didnt rename the eboot.pbp of the firmware to update.pbp and or have it in the wrong place.

Dark_Knight
October 8th, 2006, 03:49
some of the readme.txt are off a bit. Disregaurd the HENB in the readme.

The XMB is what Sony calls their Shell. In other words the side scroll icon bar you pickk all your crap from...yeah that thing.

Now...
When you ran HENC the first time....did you get a green or red screen after the blue one?

The downgrader will not even attempt to run if henc isnt flashed. and running. YOu have to run Henc at least twice before you run the downgrader.

ANd if it is flashed and you just werent paying attention durring the green screen then its possible you didnt rerun henc after the reboot and before the downgrade program.

And if its none of those then you didnt rename the eboot.pbp of the firmware to update.pbp and or have it in the wrong place.
when i ran henc, i only got the blue then it freezed
or i might have not paid attention
i tried henc alot now
but the downgrade still doesnt work
it just says
the game couldnt not be run
:confused:

chiefy
October 8th, 2006, 03:50
umm can anyone help me?
chiefy-when i click henc i just get the blue screen not the green then it just turns off
???

I suggest running it until you get either the green or red screen.

if your system is flashed then it should only softboot back after the blue screen. At this point you run the update.pbp

I've heard this can take a few tries. I on the other hand got it first attempt...yeah lucky me I know :)

Dark_Knight
October 8th, 2006, 03:52
I suggest running it until you get either the green or red screen.

if your system is flashed then it should only softboot back after the blue screen. At this point you run the update.pbp

I've heard this can take a few tries. I on the other hand got it first attempt...yeah lucky me I know :)
yea ive been trying again
but it freezes on the blue then turns off
then if i turn it on, the sony blah blah thing comes on and the little sound

chiefy
October 8th, 2006, 04:02
when i ran henc, i only got the blue then it freezed
or i might have not paid attention
i tried henc alot now
but the downgrade still doesnt work
it just says
the game couldnt not be run
:confused:

Im thinking you have it in the wrong place then.

When you select it under the game menu is it a reddish box? FOr me it was and it said z.yx or something like that.

ok lets say the drive you click for your psp is (K:)...like mine is.

then it should be

K:/
psp
game
UPDATE

rename the firmware eboot to UPDATE.pbp before placing it into the Update folder...there already is an eboot.pbp in that folder and you dont want to replace it.

That could be your problem aswell

*EDIT*
ok if you have to turn it back on yourself then you must run HENC again and get the blue screen...let it reset itself then run the downgrader. If that doesnt work you may have to run the HENC until you see the green scree. If its freezing on you then its not working correctly...keep trying

Dark_Knight
October 8th, 2006, 04:04
i have the downgrade part done
but i dont think my psp flashed yet
cuz it doesnt softboot, after the blue screen freezes
and i keep doing it and i dont see green or red screens

EDIT
yea it still turns off at the blue
and i have to keep turning it on
i guess i will keep trying it until it works
thanks

chiefy
October 8th, 2006, 21:26
No more questions from anybody?
Yall musta figured it out :)

Sweet!

lordlad
October 9th, 2006, 05:24
i successfully installed the HEN-C.....did a test run homebrew (cube) on my 2.71 and is able to run it. However, when running this updater, i can't.....

i did everything as instructed, renamed the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP and copy it to the UPDATE FOLDER.

however whenever i run the PSP UPDATE Ver X.YZ, my psp will just reboot and nothing happens at all. No flash all anything.

Note that the HEN-C is WORKING on my PSP and my psp is not a TA-082. What gives? Tried it for a long time and all this downdater did is reboot my psp, no flashing, no nothing...

chiefy
October 9th, 2006, 14:08
i successfully installed the HEN-C.....did a test run homebrew (cube) on my 2.71 and is able to run it. However, when running this updater, i can't.....

i did everything as instructed, renamed the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP and copy it to the UPDATE FOLDER.

however whenever i run the PSP UPDATE Ver X.YZ, my psp will just reboot and nothing happens at all. No flash all anything.

Note that the HEN-C is WORKING on my PSP and my psp is not a TA-082. What gives? Tried it for a long time and all this downdater did is reboot my psp, no flashing, no nothing...

well from what you said you've done everything correctly. I suggest to keep trying until it works. Aint gunna hurt none if it only shuts off. Keep trying if you really want to be 1.5

I promise you this works. I waited and waited cuz I was nervous to downgrade then this came along and I figured its now or never.

Ghost DOG
October 10th, 2006, 06:25
I just Downgraded from 2.71 to 1.50 and everything worked perfectly the first time. :)
Thanks every one who made this downgrader it owns!
and thanks chiefy your instructions where very helpful.
Now i still want to play my umd's such as tekken an soccom, so would my best option be to use Dark Alex's custom firmware 2.71SP-A or to use devhook? Thanks

chiefy
October 10th, 2006, 06:37
I just Downgraded from 2.71 to 1.50 and everything worked perfectly the first time. :)
Thanks every one who made this downgrader it owns!
and thanks chiefy your instructions where very helpful.
Now i still want to play my umd's such as tekken an soccom, so would my best option be to use Dark Alex's custom firmware 2.71SP-A or to use devhook? Thanks
YOu're welcome...glad I could help :)

Well DA's custum sounds promising however I believe it to be best to stay 1.5 for the time being. I mean we spent all that time wanting to be 1.5 then DA made it possible this last Friday for those who were hesitant using other methods....Then a day later he releases the custom firmware ROFL

Anyway I'd sit tight and use Devhook for now to play your legit games. I've been using it since Friday and love it. I use .45 because it was easier for me and I get nervous anytime I hear something "writes to flash" as with the .46

Thats just me though :)

Ghost DOG
October 10th, 2006, 08:32
I'm currently installing Dark's custom firmware. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ghost DOG
October 10th, 2006, 08:44
Just finnished installing 2.71se-a everything worked %100. I tried devhook just before 271se-a, and in my opinion 271se-a tops 1.50 with devhook, I like not having to switch between firmwares and having everything on one menu.
Its Awesome!
:)

October 10th, 2006, 11:12
not work help me

Ryu Hayabusa
October 11th, 2006, 01:24
lol, I've been having the same problems as everyone and I have been reading all the posts that I could but it will not work at all

- First: I have a non TA-082 board and a 2.71 psp firmfare

-Second: I'm no noob to homebrew and I used to have a 1.50 before I upgraded to 2.60 then 2.71, next I have tried the Homebrw Enabler C and the first time I used it it the screen flashed blue then red then green then it shut off without a reboot, next when I turned it back on it I tried to run the Downgrader and it didn't work so I jumped back and tried to use the HEN C agian but that just flashed blue then shut off without a reboot so please anyone HELP ME!!!!!!! I really want thins to work and yes I have tried and read everything and it still doesn't work

Ghost DOG
October 11th, 2006, 02:52
hmm.. I dunno why every one is having theese problems, it worked perfectly for me.

When you run Henc for the first time the screen should flash blue, then either green or red, only one of the two, not both.

Red= The files could not be written to the flash.
If you get this then you have to reboot your
psp and then run Henc again untill you get a
green screen.

Green= The files have been succefully written.
The xmb should reboot by ITSELF.

After you get a green screen and the xmb reboots, try and run either the cube sample or the polyphonic sample, if they are working henc is installed correctly and working.

Once you have Henc working you can install and run the updater(downgrader).

-copy the files from MS_ROOT to your memory stick in the correct folder, PSP/GAME/UPDATE.

-Then get the EBOOT.PBP of the firmware you want
to install (1.50)
NOTE* This does not come with the downgrader
you have to get it your self. search the net
and you should easily find it. The EBOOT
should be abou 13.2 MB (13,900,225 bytes)

-Once you have the EBOOT.PBP rename it to
UPDATE.PBP and copy it to your memory stick
in PSP/GAME/UPDATE.

-Run the program and it should bring up an
agreement screen telling you to push x to continue
or R to cancel. Push x and the downgrader should
do its thing.

Masterchief22
October 11th, 2006, 03:58
Ok Ive been a long time browser of these forums and homebrew user, Ive read the others problems and solutions as they were the same as mine but its just not working.

I do have the TA-082 mobo, but this is supposedly compatible.

Anyways what happens to me is the same as others but I'll explain it.

First: Installation

-Download HENC and UpdateFlasher for Firmware 2.6.
-Copy the HENC and UpdateFlasher to my MP-Root so they HEN is in photo as a tiff and UpdateFlasher is in Game/UPDATE.
-Copy 2.6 Firmware Update to Game/UPDATE/UPDATE.PBP with the update flashers EBOOT.PBP.

Ok. Now I go to my photos and view HENC. It flashes and blue screen for 5 seconds then softboots as I had already installed before. I test with the cube demo in the game XMB and it runs fine, so I exit, the run the red update icon called Update X.YZ or w/e and it plays the sounds then fades to the black as if its loading. I wait about 15 seconds and nothing popsup and it softboots back to the XMB with no changes or results. I have tried running HENC multiple times as well and hardbooting then runing but no luck.

I even just tried formatting my 1g memory card so its clean with nothing and also set my PSP settings to factory default, the run HENC and Update and it still softboots back after 15 seconds.

Please help me as I'm dying to get back to 2.6 to change my game loading screens and use the cheat device for 2.6 GTA.

As I said before my mobo is TA-082 which should work and I have homebrew and computer experience as I have had no problems with other items.

Any help is appreciated.

chiefy
October 11th, 2006, 06:07
-Then get the EBOOT.PBP of the firmware you want
to install (1.50)
NOTE* This does not come with the downgrader
you have to get it your self. search the net
and you should easily find it. The EBOOT
should be abou 13.2 MB (13,900,225 bytes)

-Once you have the EBOOT.PBP rename it to
UPDATE.PBP and copy it to your memory stick
in PSP/GAME/UPDATE.

Ok the EBOOT.PBP is actualy a legal file and I have linked the page to get the correct ones before.

Once again here it is
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3879/legaldw6.png
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Dark-AleX-s-Generic-Downgrader-Now-Downgrade-to-any-PSP-firmware-from-2-71-/pg/49/aid/68395
see at the bottom where is says "legally"lol

then below that the versions

:)

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 06:08
what are you trying to do? make it 2.6? be clear in what you want to get out of this, there may be an easier way

chiefy
October 11th, 2006, 06:12
what are you trying to do? make it 2.6? be clear in what you want to get out of this, there may be an easier way

clearly back to 2.6 or else he'd have a fancy paperwieght.

Ghost DOG
October 11th, 2006, 06:52
Masterchief,
It's sounds to me that you are doing everything correctly. I'm not really sure what you can do..

When i did it, I installed Henc first, and then once I had that running I installed and ran the updater, although I cant see how installing them both at the same time would make any difference...

Xtreme03
October 11th, 2006, 07:33
I had a 1.5 since the US launch until Tekken was released. I've been sad ever since losing the 1.5 functionality until a few days ago when I ran across this downgrader on another site. Did everything the instructions said to do and everything went smoothly.

First post here and just wanted to say how much better this site/forum is over similar sites. Noobs aren't bashed to hell over simple questions and everyone seems really helpful.

Ghost DOG
October 11th, 2006, 07:56
I had a 1.5 since the US launch until Tekken was released. I've been sad ever since losing the 1.5 functionality until a few days ago when I ran across this downgrader on another site. Did everything the instructions said to do and everything went smoothly.

First post here and just wanted to say how much better this site/forum is over similar sites. Noobs aren't bashed to hell over simple questions and everyone seems really helpful.

Yea i found this site and theese forums to be better than other sites. I'm new here also.

If you have Dark alex's custom firmware 2.71SE-A you can have all the functionality of 1.5fw on a 2.71 psp. Thats what I do so I can run homebrew the same as on a 1.5 but also use web browser and play Tekken!

Best of both worlds xD

Masterchief22
October 11th, 2006, 23:43
Ok it randomly worked. I woke up this mornind figured I'd try my PSP so i turned it on and ran the update w/o henc again and it worked lol so I'm happy.

Ghost DOG
October 12th, 2006, 00:54
i turned it on and ran the update w/o henc again and it worked lol so I'm happy.

How did you run it with out Henc??

Ryu Hayabusa
October 12th, 2006, 01:22
No, dudes I did everthing the read me says I've followed every instruction and even formatted my MS and set it to default settings but it still is given me crap. and just to make it clear and I was paying attention: first time I loaded the HEN C the screen turned blue, then red, then flashed green, then shut off, after that I had to turn it back on myself and thenI tried it agian and agian and agian but it was the same, Blue screen then shut off, I dougt anyone can help me since it has only happened to me but hopefully someone knows the problem

chiefy
October 12th, 2006, 08:06
No, dudes I did everthing the read me says I've followed every instruction and even formatted my MS and set it to default settings but it still is given me crap. and just to make it clear and I was paying attention: first time I loaded the HEN C the screen turned blue, then red, then flashed green, then shut off, after that I had to turn it back on myself and thenI tried it agian and agian and agian but it was the same, Blue screen then shut off, I dougt anyone can help me since it has only happened to me but hopefully someone knows the problem

Ok I'm pretty sure we went through this but...

YOu ran Henc and got the blue screen then a red one (which is bad) and then after that a green screen or a green flash. That doesnt make much sense but ok.

WEll if HENC is active try running one of the sample homebrew that came packaged with it. If they run then go for the update (downgrade).

I really dont understand why its not working for you. It worked first time no problems for me.

Ryu Hayabusa
October 13th, 2006, 15:27
Ok I'm pretty sure we went through this but...

YOu ran Henc and got the blue screen then a red one (which is bad) and then after that a green screen or a green flash. That doesnt make much sense but ok.

WEll if HENC is active try running one of the sample homebrew that came packaged with it. If they run then go for the update (downgrade).

I really dont understand why its not working for you. It worked first time no problems for me.

I tryed to run some of the sample homebrew and none of those worked either but I'll keep tryin thxfor the help

Ryu Hayabusa
October 13th, 2006, 19:51
ok guys I got an update first, I tried the HEN C agian and it gets freakier first it flashed red then turned blue then shut off, no reboot, so i turned it back on and then tried it agian, same thing happened red flash then blue screen, now I'm assuming that just because its backwards doen't mean that the way it flashed doesn't apply, just wanted to tell u guys, lol its wierd how this only happened to me, rofl

chiefy
October 13th, 2006, 20:08
ok guys I got an update first, I tried the HEN C agian and it gets freakier first it flashed red then turned blue then shut off, no reboot, so i turned it back on and then tried it agian, same thing happened red flash then blue screen, now I'm assuming that just because its backwards doen't mean that the way it flashed doesn't apply, just wanted to tell u guys, lol its wierd how this only happened to me, rofl

Well its been said that the Tiff of HENC is unstable and for some needs to be ran multiple times before it works. If you're seeing a red flash then you aint getting anywhere. If the samples arent working then HENC isnt installed, obviously. I dont know what else to tell you. Just keep trying I suppose.

EDIT*

I just thought of something (MIGHT NOT MATTER BUT WORTH A SHOT)

DO you have the HENC stuff, the Downgrader stuff, and the firmware eboot all on the memory card as you try to install HENC? Like I said it may not matter but if you start from scratch and just have the HENC on your stick to install it may go smoother...dont quote me on that but its worth a shot.

once HENC is installed and confirmed as working then put the other stuff back onto the mem stick and try

Ryu Hayabusa
October 13th, 2006, 23:47
yea I do but I'll try that too

Cheyzak
October 15th, 2006, 00:08
Sorry if this has been asked before, but would I need to update to 2.00 and then downgrade again to 1.50 to have a glitch-free version?

Ghost DOG
October 15th, 2006, 06:50
Sorry if this has been asked before, but would I need to update to 2.00 and then downgrade again to 1.50 to have a glitch-free version?

No, This Downgrader will give you a clean flash.

Cheyzak
October 15th, 2006, 12:06
Never mind, double post.

Cheyzak
October 15th, 2006, 12:07
Does it come with 1.50 DOWNDATER folder or do I need to get it from somewhere else?
Is this the same version that has an exe file that guides you through the process?

Cheyzak
October 15th, 2006, 12:20
How come it's only 105 Kb?
I found on psp-hacks another downgrader:
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/753

This one is about 10Mb. How come there is such drastic size difference? Which one is better?
Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm really new to PSP community.

chiefy
October 15th, 2006, 20:26
How come it's only 105 Kb?
I found on psp-hacks another downgrader:
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/753

This one is about 10Mb. How come there is such drastic size difference? Which one is better?
Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm really new to PSP community.

Go to the start of this thread and read then find all the posts by me within this thread...then you'll know 100% what to do.

Spartan 142
October 15th, 2006, 22:19
My psp says-You are at version 2.71, there is no need for an update...what do i do?:confused:

chiefy
October 16th, 2006, 03:23
My psp says-You are at version 2.71, there is no need for an update...what do i do?:confused:

When is it saying this? Tell us what you did that lead up to that message.

Cheyzak
October 16th, 2006, 11:51
I updated to 2.71 and obtained the 1.5 EBOOT, and placed everything under PSP\Update (I renamed 1.50 Eboot to UPDATE). When I go to games\Memory Stick it says Update ver X.YZ. When I start it, the screen goes black and shortly after that it displays a message : The game could not be started (80020148). I tried several times. What should I do?

chiefy
October 16th, 2006, 21:14
I updated to 2.71 and obtained the 1.5 EBOOT, and placed everything under PSP\Update (I renamed 1.50 Eboot to UPDATE). When I go to games\Memory Stick it says Update ver X.YZ. When I start it, the screen goes black and shortly after that it displays a message : The game could not be started (80020148). I tried several times. What should I do?

I noticed you mentioned nothing about installing HENC.

ex_alt639
October 19th, 2006, 23:36
ummm im really a noobie when it comes to this stuff ok so here i go.
i have a psp with a motherboard of TA-082 and version 2.6
is this downgrader complete cuz i ve seen lots of psp getting brick and all and if it is working can u pls post a step-by-step noobiie guide to downgrade my psp? and oh yea if it is also possible to downgrade what are the chances of my psp getting brick? oh yea i want to downgrade it down to version 1.5 , one more thing i got the psp with a v2.6 from the store

thefranko
October 20th, 2006, 00:21
sweet!

Hobobo
October 23rd, 2006, 11:03
When installing the Henc thing, the screen is just blue and it either
A) Restarts
or
B) Shuts off

=\

Cheyzak
October 23rd, 2006, 13:16
ummm im really a noobie when it comes to this stuff ok so here i go.
i have a psp with a motherboard of TA-082 and version 2.6
is this downgrader complete cuz i ve seen lots of psp getting brick and all and if it is working can u pls post a step-by-step noobiie guide to downgrade my psp? and oh yea if it is also possible to downgrade what are the chances of my psp getting brick? oh yea i want to downgrade it down to version 1.5 , one more thing i got the psp with a v2.6 from the store
U can't downgrade a ta-082 mobo. Downgrading wil result in a brick so I suggest you don't try it.

Hobobo
October 24th, 2006, 12:01
Ehhh, now when I start the downgrader/updater thing it says game couldn't be started error (numbers)

rambo.x79
October 24th, 2006, 22:04
is their a 2.80 downgrader

Cheyzak
October 26th, 2006, 13:52
is their a 2.80 downgrader
I think it is being worked on, but it won't be released soon.

henryneo
October 26th, 2006, 17:07
hey you guys are the wat............. i mean you're the dons peeps

burrito
October 26th, 2006, 21:33
I downgraded my 2.71 TA-082 to 2.50 and it didn't brick. :)

tikibarber
October 29th, 2006, 02:45
ok heres what I did... :)

1. RESEARCH and READ!!! Everything that goes for the Readme.txt that comes with every .zip or .rar you are about to install. Read forums and posts like you obviously are :)

still with me?????

2. Know your board...

If you have the code on the left like the picture then you dont have the Ta-082 look closely.

So if you dont have the bad board then you're free to downgrade as long as you aren't past firmware 2.71 at this point. I was 2.6 when I started and updated today to 2.71.

If you do have the Ta-082 (aka Bad board) then the furthest back you can go is 2.5. Any further back will brick your psp 100%. Also you must be no higher than 2.71 firmware when you begin.

3. Ok so you have the good board and you want to downgrade from 2.71 . Im assuming you already upgraded to 2.71 from whatever you had before starting. I was 2.6 myself when I started.

Grab the firmware eboot.pbp that is legal and offered on QJ.net here is 1.5 (http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-%28EBOOT%29-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163) ok extract the folder to your desktop for use later on.

Ok lets grab Hen C now that we're 2.71 :)
CLICK AND DOWNLOAD (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37415)
Unpack the file and place the folder on your desktop like you did with the first one.

Now for the actual Downdater file
Wraggster has it attached to the first post in this topic. HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38119) Unpack the file and place the folder on your desktop.

You should have 3 folders on your desktop at this point...Eboot_1.5, hen_c, and Updateflasher.

4. Ok now I suggest having a clean reformatted memory stick. Also make sure your unit is at 100% battery..First step is to Open the "hen c" folder on your desktop and find the "MS_ROOT" folder, this is the only folder within the "hen_c" folder we are going to use. Open "MS_ROOT" and highlight all the files in there. Copy those to the root of your memory stick. When it say overwrite click yes to all and move on.

Ok after hen c was on my stick I disconnected froom my PC and went to the photo viewer on my psp. There'll be a file "HENC"....take a deep breath and keep your eyes on the psp screen.

The first time you run the program, you will see a blue screen, and then a screen that can be either two colors:

* Red: the files couldn't be written to the flash (it can happen a few times). Just keep trying.
* Green: The files were written succesfully. After that, the unit will be reboot.

The patch (HENC) will remain resident in memory, and even sleep mode won't delete it. Only a hard reset will remove the program from memory.

When you do a hard reset, you'll have to run the tiff (HENC) again from the photo viewer. This time there won't be a green or red screen, just a blue screen and then a reboot, since this time there is no need to write to the flash.

5. Ok now once that works make sure HENC is going for this step.
Open the "updateflasher" folder on your desktop and once again within this folder you'll see a "MS_ROOT" folder. Open it and copy the "PSP" folder to your memory stick. Click yes to overwrite.

6. Now GO to your memory stick and open your "PSP" folder then "GAME" and finaly "UPDATE"
GO into the "EBOOT_1.5" folder on your desktop and rename the EBOOT.pbp to UPDATE.pbp. Now place it inside the "UPDATE" folder you opened on your memory stick.

7. We're ready now this is the part where I crossed my fingers. We have HENC active and everything in place...Disconnect unit from PC and make sure battery is 100% again. Ok lets downgrade!!!
Go to the controller icon on your psp (game) and then down to the memory stick. Hit X and find the eboot. It was labeled x.yz or something like that when I clicked it. Anyway thats the update...er downgrade

watch the screen untill it finishes and reboots.

If all goes well...and it should. It did for me and Im retarded :)

Welcome to 1.5 :)
I'd erase your mem stick now tho

Where do I stop if I have a TA-082? And what can't I do with 2,5 that I can do with 1.5?

I have also seen games that I can download from torrent sites that have 2.71 firmware....do I still need to downgrade?

tikibarber
October 29th, 2006, 02:55
Please, someone help!!!!! I am itching to get this done but I dont want to brick my PSP

3ad3oy
October 30th, 2006, 03:37
woot i'd use the downdater but i'm on a mac :\

tonyhong
October 30th, 2006, 05:21
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am so confused! it said that the alex whatever guy made the downgrader for ta-082. But why are people saying that it wont work??? Are they saying that if you have 2.81 or 2.80 update it wont work? Or just simply ta-082 wont be able to downgrade? plzzz help me outtt.

DEEDEE22
October 30th, 2006, 20:42
hey wats up i have a question how u did it i try and is not working i downloaded gerenic downgrade and did everthing went to memory stick and it show a red box update ver.xyz and when i click it update pbp not found so i go back and rename the eboot and when i redo it again it says file corrupt i don;t get have any clues i really appreciate it

Shrygue
October 30th, 2006, 20:50
hey wats up i have a question how u did it i try and is not working i downloaded gerenic downgrade and did everthing went to memory stick and it show a red box update ver.xyz and when i click it update pbp not found so i go back and rename the eboot and when i redo it again it says file corrupt i don;t get have any clues i really appreciate it

You possibly have renamed the actual downgrader program by mistake, which is most likely the cause of the problem. You only rename the offical update package of whichever firmware you want to go to. If that is the case, just rename the downgrade program back to EBOOT.PBP. By the way, it's about 63kb, the downgrade package between 13-15MB (depending on what firmware version you wish to go back to).

magicmush
November 7th, 2006, 00:51
first of all top site keep enlighting people kool:) first things first was running 1.5 firmware was able to play iso's homebrew apps and everything else using irshell 2.2 only thing i could not do was play iso games via net host but could access all pc files using this ie music pics docs kool ......
smashed on night was reading and was lead to believe 2.71se b was the way to go :mad: cant use any thing now done all updates 2.71 flash fixes tried installing irshell now either i havent woke up from that sesh or seb 2.71 is not the way to go can someone please prove me wrong all i want to do is run my psp game iso's using net host using irshell so world PLEASE PUT ME WRIGHT and restore my love of the dark (you know who) as i can now not back date to 1.5 sad upset demolished

Shrygue
November 7th, 2006, 19:38
Magicmush, do not discuss ISOs on these forums as it is against the rules. You will be highly likely to get banned and I am sure you don't want that.

R3mol
November 15th, 2006, 01:28
[QUOTE=chiefy;242561]ok heres what I did... :)

still with me?????

2. Know your board...

do we need hav both ic6001 AND ic1003

looop
November 20th, 2006, 16:38
I'm sorry if this question has been up before, but I've followed the instructions from 'chiefy' and everything worked until I was going to downgrade. It said "The game could not be started (80020148)".

I've got full batterytime, and I've tested to install it with and without the cable. But I can't get it working.

looop
November 20th, 2006, 16:45
I saw that chiefy answered a question like that but I didn't get the answer I wanted. He did just say that this guy(who asked the question) didn't mention that he installed the HENC-file. But I have done that already. So, what's the problem?

<-Newbie. :(

"I'm sorry if this question has been up before, but I've followed the instructions from 'chiefy' and everything worked until I was going to downgrade. It said "The game could not be started (80020148)".

I've got full batterytime, and I've tested to install it with and without the cable. But I can't get it working."

looop
November 20th, 2006, 17:37
Bah, there's no idea to keep on trying. If someone knows, please tell me. Hrmm..Hrrr,.

x-zero
November 20th, 2006, 18:25
One question do you need HEN C to downgrade FW 2.71??

Sterist
December 2nd, 2006, 23:46
i tried this with HEN D and it freezes at:

Extracting special prx's from pbp...

however, it doesnt shut off. the screen brightness button doesnt respond, which 95% of the time indicates it crashed

neo_drol
December 3rd, 2006, 16:34
Can I still play online with players who haven't downgraded to 1.5?

2cool7
December 4th, 2006, 21:42
i dont get it, how does it work?

aaqibashraf
December 8th, 2006, 21:00
yeh how do you know all this stuff

spuddle
December 10th, 2006, 13:34
i had same problems... when you rename eboot.pbp to update.pbp don't use capitals... its case sensitive

pangya123
December 24th, 2006, 13:21
i tried this with HEN D and it freezes at:

Extracting special prx's from pbp...

however, it doesnt shut off. the screen brightness button doesnt respond, which 95% of the time indicates it crashed

hey, so can we use hen D to downgrade, or must we use hen C to prevent hangs.

ps: did ur psp brick when it crashed at the flashing?

ButterflyTime
December 29th, 2006, 20:09
hi im new
Well anyway i would appreciate some help;

Ive downloaded the 'PSP Update ver X.YZ' and have it in my GAME folder.

Ive downloaded HEN-C but it doesnt come with the files binary and the other one.Just a file called Hen-C and thats all.

When i access the folder (that i made) nothings in it either.

I would also find it helpful is someone could find me a Eu 2.50/60 update to use.I have a non-TA-082 psp but best to be on the safe side eh?

Full Clip
March 9th, 2007, 15:49
Guyst it's urgent! I have 2.71 se-b. I can run GTA VCS (cso) with no problems. I created two GAME folders: GAME, and GAME271. I am Trying to install iFlasher or dark_alex's 3.01 . I keep on getting the same messgae after i load the programs: 80020148
I Could use iFlasher before, and i still have the same firmware. All I did was that i Changed the .prx file, so that its installs the NEWEST Cheatdevice. If the iFlasher wudnt work i would understand that. Put when my psp is charging, and im trying to update to Dark_Alex 3.01, it tells me to fuk off.
I could install 2.71 se-b easily. I know that this error code means that my firmware is too new, but its running on 1.50 kernel if i put in GAME folder, right?? So please help me if u can! Thanks

Quicky
December 9th, 2007, 13:43
how do i use it plz, im sorta new ot this stuff

MessiahJason
February 7th, 2008, 18:23
Hey, I want to try and downgrade my PSP just want to know if his HEN C and the downgrader are safe on a slimline with 2.71 aswell as normal ones?

lxii
May 22nd, 2008, 15:33
cool..updater ..but grrr....would like a guide to use it..:)