PDA

View Full Version : Supaplex

Cytrox
October 5th, 2006, 22:34
K guys i know i havent posted in like forever but thats just cauz of all the work being piled on me at varsity. anyway ive been looking all over the place for this old game call supaplex it was released on the amiga the atari and on computer (u know dos) in 1991.. old game

Its a great game and id love to see it on meh psp again. i tried out using the amiga emulator and the atari emulator for psp but no success getting it to run. i also tried dosbox but well i really dont know how to use dosbox.

maybe if someone here could port it for psp? please do im begging on meh hands and feet.......

or just please tell me how to use dosbox and if it doesnt work with dosbox ill repost a request..

please!!!!!! Meh Beggin u all..

heres a link to a windows version for the game just so u know what im talking about

Cytrox
October 5th, 2006, 22:42
also im not sure about the source code

but i do know that there are level editors and graphics editors so im pretty its posible to port it

heres the homepage http://www.elmerproductions.com/sp/

Wally
October 5th, 2006, 23:55
No source code for it, i understand the pain too..

However i do recall an remake of this game and it was quite good.

Im not going to do the googling for you.

You need to google "Supaplex Remake"

I will pwn you later don't you worry!

blackrave
October 6th, 2006, 01:58
Supaplex Clone (http://sourceforge.net/projects/supaplexclone/) is a quite good open sourced clone of the original game. I've only tried the first level, don't even know of there are any more, but with a little fine tuning (it hasn't been updated since 2005) this could turn out great!

I hope someone takes their time to port this to the PSP. I would be very grateful. :)

EDIT: This is not open sourced after all. Sorry for confusing you. :confused:

Wally
October 6th, 2006, 05:14
blackrave: i cant see the source anywhere :|

Cytrox
October 6th, 2006, 10:23
looking at the open source supaplex clone right now..

Cytrox
October 6th, 2006, 10:26
downloading...

Cytrox
October 6th, 2006, 10:27
downloading done.. brb.. lol

Cytrox
October 6th, 2006, 10:32
well i checked out the clone and... lets just say it seems far from complete.. normally u should be able to push those boulders and also if anything falls on u u should go boom.. plus sup (supaplex in short) has a menu

well heres a link to the original game ull see what i mean http://www.elmerproductions.com/sp/software/supaplex.zip

Cytrox
October 7th, 2006, 13:07
hmm.. noone seems to be checking out this old game.. still waiting for someone to pick it up..

i still think it would make a great addition to any homebrew psp

IS ANYONE OUT THERE?????????

Skye
October 8th, 2006, 01:04
Yes, but however no one is interested (in porting). You also need to stop spamming.

quzar
October 9th, 2006, 01:41
The sources are not on the sourceforge page (probably an oversite of the author's as he specifically mentions the fact that it's ideal for porting).

blackrave
October 9th, 2006, 16:15
OK, sorry about that. The author does say that it can easily be ported to other platforms, so I just thougt the source was there.
My mistake. :(

There are other Supaplex clones, and there surely are some open source ones, but I don't bother searching for it.

Wally
October 10th, 2006, 00:43
Yeah, i understand the needs for supaplex too dude :)

The original point of concept game was Boulderdash

and supaplex is a clone of that, however there are clones that require SDL_Net or Clanlib which the PSP dont have.
Just look out for those two, oh and it must be in either C or C++ and not rely on the directx engine.

Cytrox
October 21st, 2006, 17:36
K soz for losing internet for like 10 days.. had to change service providers cauz my current one was waAy to slow..

too bad noone seems to be looking into this...

so i take it noone is is willing to take this on?

Wally
October 23rd, 2006, 02:49
I agree too dude,

I would like to look into making a clone in lua but i cant see that happening soon....

Wouldnt be too hard to make a boulderdash clone even.

If i was you try PSPuae again, i got it to load a yellow screen :|

Could work this time, who knows

AtariFreek
October 23rd, 2006, 03:01
MEGA SPAM!!! BTW this is not open source. Lol, sorry for repeating what everyone else said.

Wally
October 24th, 2006, 00:57
Just found that PSPUAE runs supaplex at a reasonable speed, we need to wait until the loading limit is removed...