PDA

View Full Version : Sony's PSP-compatible SRS-U10 universal speaker

wraggster
October 5th, 2006, 22:51
Via Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/05/sonys-psp-compatible-srs-u10-universal-speaker/)

Sony PSP owners, take heart -- you've been given some fairly awful excuses for PSP sound systems in your day, while Apple's little white cash cow has gotten the pick of the litter. To remedy that imbalance, Sony itself is finally stepping up to the plate and releasing the PSP-friendly SRS-U10 speaker. Instead of modeling itself after an iPod HiFi experiment gone terribly wrong, Sony has dropped an oh-so-glamorous docking speaker station for your PSP, DAP of choice, or essentially anything with an audio output. But before you go and get too giddy, however, we should point out this impressive looking device boasts just 3.6 watts of power, although it does dock and charge your PSP whether pumping tunes or not. While further details (like when this thing will hit stores) aren't yet known, it's probably safe to assume that it'll cost substantially more than any poor (style-conscious) soul should be asked to pay -- but hey, that's Sony for ya.

Screen Via Comments

Accordion
October 5th, 2006, 22:56
anyone that worries about speakers for the psp or ipod is a fool!!

it also looks a bit like a tin can...

Airdevil
October 5th, 2006, 23:25
WTF is that!?

looks like the psp is balancing on a breezeblock!

pibs
October 5th, 2006, 23:27
Holy smokes I thought this thing was *portable*

Emeriastone
October 5th, 2006, 23:31
Does it come with the glass of water?

If it doesn't then I'm not buying that shit.

E.J.
October 5th, 2006, 23:47
i'm more interested in the little plant near.. it would look pretty on my desktop :D

gamesquest1
October 6th, 2006, 01:04
hah thats horrible ive got mine linked up to my sound system with a cable which plugs in the aux sockets which i made my self so i got subwoofer and everything and to the person who said it stupid to worry about a speaker for the psp yeah but its good to be able to just play music without burning disks with news songs on also now any of my mates can plug there mp3 plyers in aswell

kiore
October 6th, 2006, 03:45
all that (style-conscious) ness ..........and you still got to plug in your charger seperatly ...what fool would buy this

mr_nick666
October 6th, 2006, 09:48
Does it come with the glass of water?

If it doesn't then I'm not buying that shit.

i'm more interested in the little plant near.. it would look pretty on my desktop :D

Official word from $ony is that the Budget Pack will include neither but the Giga Pack will include both the shrub and the water (unfortunately for you homebrewers the shrub will be firmware 2.81 and the water has a TA-082)... :rolleyes:

shrimpidy
October 6th, 2006, 13:01
What does it mean by universal? I only see a fancy ice box with a psp on it.

dejkirkby
October 6th, 2006, 13:05
Official word from $ony is that the Budget Pack will include neither but the Giga Pack will include both the shrub and the water (unfortunately for you homebrewers the shrub will be firmware 2.81 and the water has a TA-082)... :rolleyes:
Comedy Genius.
I'm waiting for the more expensive Signature Version.

mircix_yo
October 6th, 2006, 22:05
it's sh*t !

BL4Z3D247
October 6th, 2006, 22:13
lmao, dude that was funny :D...anyways it looks like crap :o