PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
October 5th, 2006, 23:43
ok so if starcraft could be emulated on the psp a few weeks ago and i got bashed and deserved it. but i have a new idea so just listen. so could starcraft be played on the psp via a pc emulator? or other games for that matter? you can get no cd cracks and stuff so all you need is the file and the crack. if an advvanced version of a pc emulator was released, could this be possible?

PSPdemon
October 5th, 2006, 23:59
PC emulator wouldnt work...

currnetly there is a 95 win emulator out....and its slow as hell... plus, it wouldnt be able to run games fast...it would chug like a mutha

the only possible idea i can give you is to make a starcraft like game..( not using ripped sprites, textures, ect. ) its about all you can do...

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
October 6th, 2006, 00:04
PC emulator wouldnt work...

currnetly there is a 95 win emulator out....and its slow as hell... plus, it wouldnt be able to run games fast...it would chug like a mutha

the only possible idea i can give you is to make a starcraft like game..( not using ripped sprites, textures, ect. ) its about all you can do...

i know. i'm wondering if the idea would work in theory. like lets say eventually someone puts out an advanced pc emulator. since starcraft can run on 95, that would be the easiest. coders have done amazing things recently, I woulnd't be surprised if someone came up with a fully functional pc emulator. if this happened, is there any reason my the no cd crack idea woulnd't work?

Wally
October 6th, 2006, 00:06
Dude, Starcraft 64 FTW

Try it when it works :D

PSPdemon
October 6th, 2006, 00:15
yea....

worst case senerio....get the Starcraft 64... when it works ( just like wally said )

it would be easier to get that working then a pc version working....( since we are already seeing many games working for it currently....its only a matter of time :p )

wolfpack
October 6th, 2006, 01:25
starcraft on psp of the pc version would be nice, but like what pspdemon said, its not going to be possible. there wont be any good working pc emulators coming out, (at least not anytime soon) but even then the psp can only handle and run so much at a time. because i mean think about it, do you really think a psp can run windows AND a windows game at the same time without a dropback on FPS? i dont think so. So when the n64 emulator works at a decent speed, use starcraft 64. Even though in my opinion, they dropped the graphics detail quite a bit and some of the sound effects like the voice acting is gone. But then again, hey its starcraft, its always nice playing on the psp.