PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice

eliquel
October 6th, 2006, 06:54
Hello,

OK.. well been a while since i played around with my psp, but here goes.. I recently purchased Gta Lcs and was surprised to see that It came w/ fw 2.6, and not 2.00 like I had previously read. I researched further and found out that this was a new umd version forced by Sony.

Anyway the question is will I have to in fact upgrade to 2.6 in order to play this new version? I am currently running my original 1.5 fw. I know I can later downgrade if I do patch my system, but I am reluctant to do this every time i want to go vigilante after a bad day at work. Is there a UMD loader or homebrew hack i can use to bypass the fw requirement.

I attempted to use MPHGameloader, but no luck with that... That could be due to the fact that i suck at it... either way, any and all help is greatly appreciated

gymnotropic
October 6th, 2006, 07:21
Indeed, that sounds like the patched GTA:LCS version which fixed the save-game exploit.

Right off I would say use Devhook, but there are other things if you want to use those instead.

Kramer
October 6th, 2006, 07:22
Yeah devhook 0.46 is what your looking for it lets you fully emulate 2.71 so you can play any umd. Go search for it at www.psp-hacks.com they have the easy install version over there.

eliquel
October 6th, 2006, 07:36
alright, sounds good, I'll check it out.
Thanks for the fast reply =0

dejkirkby
October 6th, 2006, 07:58
Kramer 1000 up Good work dude!

eliquel
October 6th, 2006, 09:32
Yep, woked absolutly perfect! stayed up way late last night going at it with no results. 1/2 an hour on the forums and I've got Gta running bliss on my original firmware.

Thanks for the knowlege, and the serenity.

shiftybill
October 6th, 2006, 10:09
miles of serenity . . .

razorak
October 6th, 2006, 10:14
Devhook is awesome...allows me to emulate 1.5 :D