PDA

View Full Version : CE-Oh no he didn't! Part XV - Europeans "don't mind" waiting for Sony products

wraggster
October 6th, 2006, 16:02
Via Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/06/ce-oh-no-he-didnt-part-xv-europeans-dont-mind-waiting-for/)

Alright Sony, this is just getting ridiculous. It's not like you guys haven't been a featured guest in this series before, but we had no idea it was such an honor. The third "CE-Oh no" moment for Sony this week came out of the mouth of SCE World Europe VP, Jamie MacDonald, who was asked: "What would you say to consumers who like Sony and want to buy your products, but perhaps feel that because they're in Europe they're always last in line?" Apparently Jamie feels little love for his whiny constituency, since his clueless response was thus: "European consumers have shown that historically they don't mind that, because they end up buying as many PlayStations, if not more, than the US and Japan. In Europe, it doesn't seem that the release of our platforms after the US and Japan - in the long run - affects how consumers feel." We're not even sure how to respond to that, so we'll continue with more "CE-Oh no" sound bite gold from our pal Jamie. In response to a query about Sony's UMD failure, he stated: "I think you'll find in general the market for movies on discs of any type is not particularly great at the moment." Again, we really have nothing to add, so we'll just hit up one more sound bite for good time's sake. When asked about the Wii60 concept, where prospective next-gen buyers compare the price of purchasing an Xbox 360 and a Nintendo Wii to the cost of the PS3 alone, Jamie further demonstrated his ignorance: "To be honest, I haven't heard that." Not a banner day for Sony PR by a long shot, but at least they're not trying to hide their seeming disdain for consumers and plain logic.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 6th, 2006, 16:14
typicall $$$$££££ony reply Fk you jack im alright kinda attitude.Its no wonder all divisions of the company are lossing money hand over fist I used to work for a company that dealt in sony goods they stoped because they are a absoloute set of pricks from the other side of the counter.

mr_nick666
October 6th, 2006, 16:19
Oh $ony... Is the PS3 going to be the SEGA Dreamcast of next-gen consoles... :rolleyes: Will we even miss SCE when theyre gone!? :confused: Im one European who has given up on the PS3 and is getting a Wii this Christmas :)

dejkirkby
October 6th, 2006, 16:49
F*CK YOU SONY. Stick your PS3 where the son fails to shine. How dare you belittle Europeans. The sales pay your f'n salaries. Jackasses!

Kramer
October 6th, 2006, 16:54
Yeah your right sony I dont mind waiting because your console is an overpriced piece of shit

dejkirkby
October 6th, 2006, 17:10
Spot on. I was mad before, but now this SOB has rubbed my nose in it. I seriously hope the PS3 flops, Saturn style.

valar
October 6th, 2006, 17:20
i wonder who says we don't want to get the gear the same time as japan or us?bollocks.i will get ps3 eventually but propably in next 2 years because of that price.i may get wii but not sure because xbox360 might get re5...

compoman386
October 6th, 2006, 17:28
If, as the $ony asshole said, they sell more consoles in europe than US or japan, then surley it would be logical to launch there first.

LAW666
October 6th, 2006, 17:33
If, as the $ony asshole said, they sell more consoles in europe than US or japan, then surley it would be logical to launch there first.

nah, they spend the time building anticipation and hype, which is a large factor in the high sales figures

compoman386
October 6th, 2006, 17:41
Yeah, but I can't play games on anticipation and hype!

ACID
October 6th, 2006, 17:53
I normaly am the first in line with everything. I have a 360 used it ones and still dont mind having spend the money. I will definately get the WII but the PS3 i will wait to see sony is full of crap now days.

Kramer
October 6th, 2006, 17:55
The launch PS3's will most likely bomb out after a year anyway so it would be crazy to pay so much money for something that's going to die sooner or later.

S34MU5
October 6th, 2006, 17:56
wat a load of S#!T i cant belive this bollocks.
i was the first person in my city to preorder the PS3 even thought sony raised the price a little i still only am gona pay £415. but i have been thinkin stick it they dont care at all about us EU'ers so they can Get Tae Fuk

EDIT: just thought id have a look on sonys web sight. and i found out a valuable answer to my question.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h214/s34mu5/lickmyhole.jpg

JD/
October 6th, 2006, 18:15
this is bs they dont apreciate us european gamers because we buy their $hit anyway maybe we need to not buy their stuff to show em how wrong they are to belittle us I cant believe that "they dont mind" wtf generlize the whole eu and get the answer wrong sony is getting on my nerves big time.

Hawq
October 6th, 2006, 19:16
Europe = bigger than america = shafted by every games company ever as they can only see Japan & america on their maps. I always dispute anyone saying Britain is european as we aint, we just share the same continent (but that dont make canada america does it?) but of course we get shafted along with the europeans as usual.
Dont mind the wait? this is another $ony 'next gen doesnt start till we say it does' or fanboy 'gaming started with the playstation' isnt it. Good thing I wasnt planning on getting one anyway untill maybe a few years have passed they become cheap second hand & theres games that look worthy of buying the system for.
Yes 'I' dont mind waiting (many will and may import) but not for $onys reasons and they wont be getting a penny from me as if I end up with one itll be second hand.

muffinman
October 6th, 2006, 19:28
in general the european public dont bother looking at when things are coming out. They just see a poster and buy it. If it has sony slapped on it mums and dads of teenagers will buy it no matter what the companies done.

People who mind waiting are those who arent used to it. Us brits have to wait for everything. If i want something that badly ill import it, but as for the ps3 ill wait till march and my wii will have to see me through till then :)

F9zDark
October 6th, 2006, 19:30
Well you need to think of it like Sony is:

Japan is their home, they wouldn't DARE not release PS3 in Japan.

US is Microsoft's home, so that is their PRIME target. If Sony loses the US, they lose the console war, end of story.

Not to mention, manufacturing issues, but that doesn't give SCE Europe Asshole the right to play the role of ****ing retard and belittle his fellow Europeans.

Now, Sony could have easily waited until March to get the PS3 out for a worldwide release. But Sony would lose their home turf to Nintendo, the US market would have its swayers towards Nintendo, etc, etc.

I wouldn't mind waiting until March but then the PS3 may as well not even be released, by that point Sony would have lost so much market share that they would have no hope in recovering the losses.

But they won't recover from a boycott either, which, if you Europeans want change, is what you'll have to do, but that change wont come quick; maybe the next nextgen console from Sony will see a worldwide release. But money speaks louder than words.

NoQuarter
October 6th, 2006, 19:30
What a bunch of pricks!!!
Way to alienate your customers Sony, keep on pushing that stock price down Sony!
Funny how groups become sooooo arrogant at the top,it's like the success of the PS2 turned sony into a bunch of asses.
At least you guy's might be able to avoid some of the bugs the first units will have.

mog
October 7th, 2006, 14:58
We in the UK were told about a year ago, that the UK should expect a 2007 release for PS3.
Also, even if it were released here at same time as the US, it's far cheaper to get it imported anyway! ;) (even after shipping and customs!)

I don't really mind waiting the extra few months... atleast they will fix the problem where it overheats and blows up your house!! :p

US is Microsoft's home, so that is their PRIME target. If Sony loses the US, they lose the console war, end of story.
hmm... so this problem is mostly Microsoft's fault! (Sony fanboy attempt to divert blame! :p)
If only IBM didn't loose the war against Microsoft, then the UK would be Japan's rival, and we'd be getting PS3's sooner! :D