PDA

View Full Version : No PSP price cut plans

wraggster
October 6th, 2006, 16:34
More price cut news this time from Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68458)

Sony has no immediate plans to cut the price of PlayStation Portable in Europe or the United States, the company said today.

"We've got no plans to cut the price of PSP at this moment in time," a spokesperson for Sony UK told Eurogamer this afternoon, responding to similar comments made by the company's US arm overnight.

Pointing to the combination of movie, music, photo, internet and games support now offered by the latest updates to PSP system software, the spokesperson said the handheld "still represents great value for money".

Earlier Sony Computer Entertainment America's John Koller told Reuters, "We don't necessarily see the need to cut the price," pointing instead to a need to "introduce new consumers to what the PSP can do."

That's despite ongoing criticism of the platform's software line-up, which many observers feel compares unfavourably to strong offerings on the DS platform.

mesosade
October 6th, 2006, 16:58
well i be damned sony are evil after all (DUH!)

krazyx86
October 6th, 2006, 17:20
i wonder how long it will take for sony to get their head out of their asses and realize that the entertainment industry shouldnt be about money.. the psp is a great multimedia device, and if i were the genius behind it, i'd want as many people to have one as possible, not to make tons of money off it.. eff you sony.

dejkirkby
October 6th, 2006, 17:23
$ony are only concerned with the £$'s. This will be their downfall.

MUDD
October 6th, 2006, 17:26
still represents great value for money

and i think most psp users that have
a reason to have a psp and do use it
or should i say know how to use it will
agree that its worth every cent.i know
i do.

LONG LIVE SONY!

well maybe im wrong ,but i think its reasonably priced and if you dont then maybe your to poor
for it ,i know i dont live on the beach here in FT WALTON for a reason ,

and why shouldnt sony have there main concern on there bottom line ,duh thats how and why your in the damn bussiness ,not to make worm and fuzzy with the local poor ppl .lets see you start a waitloss
bussiness in etiopia .

im sorry but sony bashers are retards.yeah i said it

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 6th, 2006, 17:29
DAmn sony ,you cant make money like this........

ACID
October 6th, 2006, 17:49
And thats why nintendo will live for ever. No competition in the sells department.

splodger15
October 6th, 2006, 18:10
$ony are only concerned with the £$'s. This will be their downfall.

Very True

MUDD
October 6th, 2006, 18:14
now you want to talk about getting ripped of .the nintendo gameboy and there over priced games for it .only a fool would pay 79 bucks for that do nothing handheld and they still sell there dumb games for it at 39 dollars. the psp's entertainment value Vs cost is great.

i have made it my life to be cheap so i know a good deal when i see and this is it .

i was wondering ,how so is nintendo any better at there prices than sony?i dont think you can really compare sony with nintendo.

oh DUH your talking about the DS lol i forgot all about the ds and i have 2 (stupid me). nintendo is as high with there junk as sony.

Veskgar
October 6th, 2006, 18:35
Sony says they don't want to lower the price and instead create more "value" with the PSP. Well, fine, don't lower the price, but make a "value" pack that includes the STAMINA battery and a 2GB - 4GB memory stick.

Now THAT would be a value. Are you taking notes SONY?

Basil Zero
October 7th, 2006, 04:09
I think its because sony believes that the psp is more than a gaming console, and doesnt compare psp to ds, because ds is a gaming console......and psp isnt?

razorak
October 7th, 2006, 04:48
I think its because sony believes that the psp is more than a gaming console, and doesnt compare psp to ds, because ds is a gaming console......and psp isnt?

comparing an apple to an orange?? lol

Anyway, i think it's just that Sony refuses to admit that they will lose/ lost. :p

MaxSMoke
October 7th, 2006, 05:08
It would help ALOT of the people I know that want a PSP, if the price was a bit more reasonable. $200 for a handheld, even one of such amazing abilities as the PSP, it still just too much for the general market.

But I *REALLY* disagree with the idea that the DS has a strong lineup. Out of all of the games on the DS, only Animal Town held my interest for any span of time. I didn't care for Mario Kart and it's lack of depth. Metroid was sad, save the multiplayer. Trace Memories was ok. I just don't see the DS's games being a "Strong lineup".

You can place them side by side with almost any PSP game, and you'll find the PSP not only has better graphics, but longer and more in-depth gameplay in ever category.

I just don't understand this mass insanity that makes people think DS games are better. I like my DS, but it doesn't hold a candle to the PSP and Sony's software lineup. There isn't even a good Diablo clone for the system! The PSP has 3. Outside of the load-times, the PSP is hands down the winner when it comes to gameplay.

This is just like the mass stupidity of the iPod. You get a few people in the press saying it's great, and next thing you know, all of the message boards are full of idiots agreeing with them like mindless sheep. The iPod has one thing going for it, it's thinness. But fails to live up to the competition in overall size, price, abilities, or performance. Does it matter that it's one of the weakest MP3 player's on the market? I guess not, it still sells plenty. People just think it's the hip thing to support, mostly because most people are stupid sheep that go with the flow. Same thing for the DS.

dOOmy
October 7th, 2006, 05:52
Comparing the list of games that will play on my psp with the broken umd drive to the list of games that will play on my ds, Nintendo comes out the huge winner