PDA

View Full Version : NeoCD/PS2 v0.5 Released

wraggster
February 20th, 2005, 21:57
Evilo has released a new version of his NeoGeo CD emulator for the Playstation 2, heres the news from this release:[br][br] Development has slowed down lately, as I'm busy with other stuff, however here is an nice little update that you should like ! Thanks to triple buffering almost all games are now fullspeed with sound and for games that are still not fullspeed (most noticable [br]symptom being looping sound) you can activate a frameskip from the menu. This is a basic frameskip of 1 that should be almost unnoticable in quality yet still be more than enough to run games at fullspeed! The funny thing is that neocd will now require some framerate limitation code, as now, depending of the combination of sound enable/disable and frameskip it can run faster than 100% ![br][br]Here is the changelog of this version : [br]- Triple Buffering using vsync callback (thanks to drakonite for the idea)[br]- CD now stop spinning once in the "insert" screen [br] which should help people using swap method.[br]- Fixed auto-animation speed (thx mame)[br]- Bit better sound emulation, but still not perfect[br]- Settings are now saved to MC, and restored at start-up[br]- Basic frameskip routine (off by default)[br]- Added an error message if bios is not found or is invalid.[br]- Source clean-up [br][br]Download Here (http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/neogeocdps2.shtml)

mangakiwi
July 2nd, 2005, 19:43
I just replaced the laser in my PS2 and now instead of getting just the DRE I get the DRE plus CLICK CLICK CLICK CLIK! I went in and cleaned out the arm, bent it down a bit and lubricated everything. Now i'm getting a more muffled clicking. It seems to be coming from inside of the worm driveds motor like it doesn't know when to stop. Any Ideas what I can do?

Oh, I have gotton two games to work: Marval VS. Capcom 2 (a purple disk) and Magic Pengel (A silver disk) but magic pengel quit after the first loading point, actually thats when the clicking started in the first place.

Any help would be much appreciated!