PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion: first magazine scan found

wraggster
October 6th, 2006, 20:43
Via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/10/06/oblivion-first-magazine-scan-found/)

The November issue of OPM has exclusive details of the upcoming PSP version of Oblivion. The scans of the game look not too shabby... it looks a heck of a lot better than the N-Gage Elder Scroll's game. According to the article, the PSP version of Oblivion will be "a very different game with a different story line... it has the experience of the dungeon romp. It doesn't have wide-open, wander-the-landscape kind of stuff."

Even though the game's functionality seems a little stripped down, Obivion for PSP will still feature a character creation system, and 18 of the original game's 21 skills. The controls are going to be simplified, of course, and the designers cite Metroid Prime as a source of inspiration, which is only a good thing.

Scans Here (http://forums.e-mpire.com/showthread.php?t=62818)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 6th, 2006, 21:27
Gonna be controversial here and say I hated the pc version so i sure as hell wont be giving $ony a penny of my money.

BrooksyX
October 6th, 2006, 22:16
Hey even if it is a complete different story that is fine. The psp needs some good RPG/Adventure games, there are only a couple half decent ones right now.

TacticalBread
October 6th, 2006, 23:27
About time the PSP gets a good RPG that's not a port of a PSX game. :D

LloydKansas
October 7th, 2006, 00:05
Looks like the PSP version is shaping up to everything I was hoping for. I think using Metroid Prime-esque controls is a great idea, with the PSP's limited format. Definitely gonna be picking this one up the day it comes out.

wolfpack
October 7th, 2006, 01:21
me want psp oblivion.... and PC oblivion!!... man i wish i had money

Mourningstar
October 7th, 2006, 01:29
I want to see the PSP version damnit!

Festizzio
October 7th, 2006, 02:19
I want to see the PSP version damnit!
It's in there...

MaxSMoke
October 7th, 2006, 05:00
Ok, first off, those shots do look great.... for dungeons...

But really, dungeons weren't what made Oblivion cool. Dungeons were more like a means to an end, something you did to get treasure. The real meat of the game was in the villages, the people you talked to, the story plots, and the exploration. This games will have *NONE* of that.

This will basically be a mindless hack-n-slash! Sure, it's a pretty one, but we could get the same thing for free with a Quake mod! This game is going to SUCK.