PDA

View Full Version : Japan game charts: September 25-October 1

wraggster
October 7th, 2006, 00:52
Via Gamespot (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6159438.html)

A new pair of Pokémon titles--dubbed Diamond and Pearl--hit Japan on September 28, creating huge lines and waits of up to five hours in Tokyo, as fans mobbed the stores. Today's weekly software ranking from Media Create underscores the immensity of the Pokémon effect on Japan's game market.

According to Media Create's figures, in their first week, these two games moved 1,588,734 copies combined--820,047 for Diamond and 768,687 for Pearl. To put this in perspective, sales of the other eight top games combined came to 429,008 units, or a skosh over half of Diamond's sales.

This huge injection of Pokémon purchases boosted weekly top 100 software sales to 219.29 percent of the weekly average. Although on the high end, Media Create notes that Diamond and Pearl's sales figures are par for the course. January 2004's Fire Red and Leaf Green also did well their first week, selling 517,874 and 495,245 copies respectively. Emerald also did rather well, moving 790,527 units during its debut week.

In other news, the PlayStation 2 saw its slice of the top-10 pie dwindle, with just three games making the grade. The latest .hack title moved 122,800 copies to land at third place and Minna no Tennis, last week's top game, scored another 68,755 sales, allowing it to ace New Super Mario Bros.

The PS2's only other offering, coming in at number nine, was Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11. This game marries classical Chinese story of the Han Dynasty with strategic and role-playing elements, and the franchise has long been a staple of both strategy and history buffs throughout Asia.

Japan Game Sales Week of September 25-October 1, 2006

1 Pokemon Diamond
Platform: DS
2 Pokemon Pearl
3 .hack//G.U. Vol. 2
Platform: PS2
4 Minna no Tennis
5 New Super Mario Bros.
6 Zaidan Houjin Nippon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Kounin: KanKen DS
7 Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu: Motto Nou o Kitaeru Otona DS Training
8 Final Fantasy III
9 Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI
10 Animal Crossing: Wild World

JKKDARK
October 7th, 2006, 01:00
damn pokemon. and i don't see any sega game :mad:

Video_freak
October 7th, 2006, 01:03
7 DS games, 3 PS2 games, no games from ANY other console. :P

CrAzY_fLiP3
October 7th, 2006, 01:18
lol pokemon is still the shit

TCLCloud
October 7th, 2006, 01:23
Indeed it is but still no PSP or Xbox 360 games, thats telling us something, and they wonder why the DS is doing so well, its cause its got games you wankers at Sony! Get your arses in gear and do something worthwhile, stop the crappy anti homebrew firmware updates and get some good stuff out there and fast.....

JKKDARK
October 7th, 2006, 01:34
Indeed it is but still no PSP or Xbox 360 games, thats telling us something, and they wonder why the DS is doing so well, its cause its got games you wankers at Sony! Get your arses in gear and do something worthwhile, stop the crappy anti homebrew firmware updates and get some good stuff out there and fast.....
If I were a japanese, I would like to ask what is an xbox :p

-=me=-
October 7th, 2006, 02:25
why don't we post the game charts of a different country, like the UK, US, or some other more western country? Most people in in the US don't want pokemon

woods05
October 7th, 2006, 05:27
what the heck is this tennis game. I thought it would only last a week on the top ten.

PS: -=me=-, your sig is wierd.

samthegreat68
October 7th, 2006, 06:41
why don't we post the game charts of a different country, like the UK, US, or some other more western country? Most people in in the US don't want pokemon
pokemon my friend, is the greatest rpg of all time.

JD/
October 7th, 2006, 12:43
I agree that pokemon is one of the best rpgs of all time and its been going for so long and I think it will continue to do so :D

PS: nice avatar and sig video freak im definetely getting wii still not decided on ps3 i might get it late when the price drops.

the_eternal_dark
October 8th, 2006, 18:35

Because the US doesn't really know what good games are. That's why I usually buy from Japan.

*edit* a us game list would only consist of sports games.