PDA

View Full Version : Broadband to Dialup Program

abeisgreat
October 7th, 2006, 02:24
Ok I have an old dreamcast but sadly (for this purpose) I Have broadband. And I was really mad when I found out how much a broadband adapter is:mad: So I then began to research other ways to get a dial-up connection to my dreamcast. I found just about nothing. I then began to think what if it would be possible to make a program for a pc that had a modem and a broadband connection to convert the broadband to dial up connection look alike ,per-say, for the dreamcast. Again I found nothing. Maybe I was looking in the wrong play or It doesn't exist. Well anyway do you know where I could find such a program(or something like it)?

SSaxdude
October 7th, 2006, 04:49
I remember seeing something on how to do so, but it sounds kinda complicated. Search google for it, I don't remember the site.

fackue
October 7th, 2006, 07:24
http://www.consolevision.com/members/mterlouw/
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_pcdcwin98.php

JKKDARK
October 7th, 2006, 14:25
It is very very hard with Windows XP. Good luck ;)

Darksaviour69
October 7th, 2006, 16:24
CAPTAIN AWESOME (aka 1timeuser) told me on irc last night that he got it running on XP, but yeah its harder on XP

BrooksyX
October 8th, 2006, 07:39
I am probably going to try to get it to work soon just for the heck of it.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 8th, 2006, 11:34
the DC2PC link is not even worth it. It would be better if software was made to allow or expect the connection comming in and allow that also to get a DC online with BBA/LAN exclusive online games.

im not gonna perform surgery on a phone cord then frankenboost its power just for 34k anyway.

donj
October 11th, 2006, 22:46
the link can save on phone bills, so im giving it a shot. anyone got it to work, im still confused about the winroute and plugging the line from the dc to the pc modem. do you let it connect to the isp then swap or swap once it rings?

Smurph
October 12th, 2006, 07:41
the link can save on phone bills, so im giving it a shot. anyone got it to work, im still confused about the winroute and plugging the line from the dc to the pc modem. do you let it connect to the isp then swap or swap once it rings?

Protip: Unlimited phone service.

Tomlo
October 12th, 2006, 07:49
Its not any harder at all on windows xp, you just need to make a voltage line inducer.

Smurph
October 12th, 2006, 07:54
I hear that it's less trouble to get a job at McDonald's and work there for a week or two, get enough money and buy a BBA than to do this.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 17th, 2006, 20:39
I hear that it's less trouble to get a job at McDonald's and work there for a week or two, get enough money and buy a BBA than to do this.
check it out

- var fontoptions = new Array("Arial", "Arial Black", "Arial Narrow", "Book Antiqua", "Century Gothic", "Comic Sans MS", "Courier New", "Fixedsys", "Franklin Gothic Medium", "Garamond", "Georgia", "Impact", "Lucida Console", "Lucida Sans Unicode", "Microsoft Sans Serif", "Palatino Linotype", "System", "Tahoma", "Times New Roman", "Trebuchet MS", "Verdana"); var sizeoptions = new Array(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7); var smilieoptions = new Array(); smilieoptions = { }; var istyles = new Array(); istyles = { "pi_button_down" : [ "#f9f9f9", "#224E75", "0px", "1px solid #224E75" ], "pi_button_hover" : [ "#f9f9f9", "#224E75", "0px", "1px solid #224E75" ], "pi_menu_down" : [ "#f9f9f9", "#224E75", "0px", "1px solid #224E75" ], "pi_menu_hover" : [ "#f9f9f9", "#224E75", "0px", "1px solid #224E75" ], "pi_popup_down" : [ "#f9f9f9", "#224E75", "0px", "1px solid #224E75" ], "pi_button_normal" : [ "#E1E1E2", "#000000", "1px", "none" ], "pi_button_selected" : [ "#F1F6F8", "#000000", "0px", "1px solid #316AC5" ], "pi_menu_normal" : [ "#FFFFFF", "#000000", "0px", "1px solid #FFFFFF" ] }; var smiliewindow_x = 240; var smiliewindow_y = 280; var ignorequotechars = 1; // vB Phrases vbphrase["wysiwyg_please_wait"] = "Please wait for the WYSIWYG editor to finish loading..."; vbphrase["wysiwyg_initialized"] = "WYSIWYG Editor initialized for %1$s in %2$s seconds."; vbphrase["wysiwyg_command_invalid"] = "This command is invalid or not implemented."; vbphrase["moz_must_select_text"] = "Mozilla requires that you must select some text for this function to work"; vbphrase["moz_edit_config_file"] = "You need to edit your Mozilla config file to allow this action."; vbphrase["enter_tag_option"] = "Please enter the option for your %1$s tag:"; vbphrase["must_select_text_to_use"] = "You must select some text to use this function."; vbphrase["browser_is_safari_no_wysiwyg"] = "The Safari browser does not support WYSIWYG mode."; vbphrase["enter_option_x_tag"] = "Enter the option for the [%1$s] tag:"; vbphrase["enter_text_to_be_formatted"] = "Enter the text to be formatted"; vbphrase["enter_link_text"] = "Enter the text to be displayed for the link (optional):"; vbphrase["enter_list_type"] = "What type of list do you want? Enter '1' for a numbered list, enter 'a' for an alphabetical list, or leave blank for a list with bullet points:"; vbphrase["enter_list_item"] = "Ent0
that shit popped up wyhen i tried to read and it diddnt load all the way. :D

Smurph
October 18th, 2006, 17:54
check it out

that shit popped up wyhen i tried to read and it diddnt load all the way. :D

That's PHP. You fail at internets.

kohan69
October 28th, 2006, 04:24
http://www.consolevision.com/members/mterlouw/

Thanks a lot!!

That's the best guide for dreamcast modem-to-pc I've ever saw on t3h intran3tz :D

JKKDARK
October 28th, 2006, 05:02
Thanks a lot!!

That's the best guide for dreamcast modem-to-pc I've ever saw on t3h intran3tz :D

Good luck, I have no success :(

donj
October 28th, 2006, 08:15
Good luck, I have no success :(

same here, i m begining to think its a fake.

fackue
October 28th, 2006, 08:22
same here, i m begining to think its a fake.
The Windows98 guide works without problems.