PDA

View Full Version : PS1P Screenshots - DCEMU Exclusive - New PSOne Emu for PSP Coming Soon

wraggster
October 7th, 2006, 15:51
Its a quiet news day so far and although i dont have any new news about the PS1 emulator for the PSP, ive took some screenshots of 2 of my all time fave games and they work perfectly although slow on the PSP.

The screenshots ive posted are of Warcraft 2 and Theme Park World for the PSX.

Screenshots Via Comments

wraggster
October 7th, 2006, 15:51
roll om when the dynarec is added :)

Jpdeathblade
October 7th, 2006, 15:54
Wraggster did you just double post =P

Sweet I cant wait to play....seriuosly, whens it coming out =P

skater9269
use the devhook screen/video module.

psychadelicious
"2 years later it was finally released."

S34MU5
October 7th, 2006, 15:58
wat a beast theme park world!.
cant wait for c&c on the go.
or FFIX
but dont release it this week please coz im away!lol
think about releasing it on friday when im back!

gunntims0103
October 7th, 2006, 15:58
wow really great to see these on the psx acually working i love war craft any how when the dynarec is added the speed increase should be great. i dont think we can hope for even 75% speed but i hope its up there. great pics wraggster. i myself would love to see ff7(who wouldnt),digimon(i was entertained),spyro(o yea) crash bandico(o yea)........the list goes on

wraggster
October 7th, 2006, 16:01
ive asked the coder to do me some pics of final fantasy 7/8 and a video too,

He must be very busy this week but the minute i get them ill post them here.

ive never used that devhook screen capture thingy

CrAzY_fLiP3
October 7th, 2006, 16:01
i wanna play tomba on psp. lol that ,ff7, ff6, and chrono cross =]

Vendeta
October 7th, 2006, 16:02
were do u get the roms for the ps1 emulator???

CrAzY_fLiP3
October 7th, 2006, 16:02
ive asked the coder to do me some pics of final fantasy 7/8 and a video too,

He must be very busy this week but the minute i get them ill post them here.

yay!

fucht017
October 7th, 2006, 16:03
What is a ps1p?....(just kidding):D

Illegal Machine
October 7th, 2006, 16:04
and then in 2009, we had the PS1 emulator... Only a select few were fortunate enough to play it because the NSA declared the PSP as a submersive device, capable of crashing an airplane with the wifi, and hacking into FBI computers.... Then there was the microsoft Sony Buyout which resulted in the subesquent halting of any and all playstation related products.

So here it is.. 2009, and we have a ps1 emulator released, by PSMONKEY, too bad everyone is playing the XBOXP these days, which just so happens to include an official psx emulator in the value pack bundle.

that's what I'm seeing in the future.

Exoskeletor
October 7th, 2006, 16:06
Wraggster fps?

PSPages
October 7th, 2006, 16:07
I just want Gran Turismo!
Seeing that Polyphony Digital are holding back the real PSP version, I can at least make do with the original PSone game....

wraggster
October 7th, 2006, 16:10
and then in 2009, we had the PS1 emulator... Only a select few were fortunate enough to play it because the NSA declared the PSP as a submersive device, capable of crashing an airplane with the wifi, and hacking into FBI computers.... Then there was the microsoft Sony Buyout which resulted in the subesquent halting of any and all playstation related products.

So here it is.. 2009, and we have a ps1 emulator released, by PSMONKEY, too bad everyone is playing the XBOXP these days, which just so happens to include an official psx emulator in the value pack bundle.

that's what I'm seeing in the future.

Little word in your ear, the emulator will be released when its ready, that could be next week or next month but ive ben told it will be quality from the off, sarcastic comments like coming in 2009 only make coders pissed off and also the likes of me, best to not say anything than to annoy people with lame comments.

razorak
October 7th, 2006, 16:12
i wonder when it's gonna be released....can't wait for it :D *bounces around with excitement*

Rocksil
October 7th, 2006, 16:16
i cant wait

wraggster
October 7th, 2006, 16:18
hey i cant wait ;)

this will give the PSP scene a nice boost, i cant wait for yoshis emulator too :)

aries2k4
October 7th, 2006, 16:20
Itīs looking real good. Canīt wait for a release. I guessing this month is it(hopefully).
Wraggster, could we get just an estimate of fps your getting on games. I know you said it runs slow so Iīm not expecting to much. Just curious if its faster than psxp?

BrooksyX
Thanks for the screens wraggy, maybe we will get an update today!:D

pkmaximum
Can anyone confirm, if the dev hook screen capture module, will work with custom firmware. Because I know its possible to load PRX files on start up =]

mexicansnake
October 7th, 2006, 16:23
I cant wait for this emulator... I want to play several psx games!. :).

wraggster
October 7th, 2006, 16:27
Itīs looking real good. Canīt wait for a release. I guessing this month is it(hopefully).
Wraggster, could we get just an estimate of fps your getting on games. I know you said it runs slow so Iīm not expecting to much. Just curious if its faster than psxp?

Its a lot faster than psxp

You could actually play the games if u didnt mind doing so slowly

i cant give a fps count though,

wraggster
October 7th, 2006, 16:28
yeah im regathering all my old PSX faves, gonna need to borrow some off my mates.

Cloudhunter
October 7th, 2006, 16:32
Naughty double posting ;)

Great news on the emulator :) Looking forward to it, it's gonna rock.

Cloudy

Jpdeathblade
October 7th, 2006, 16:33
If AC Hobo reads this (and finds the hobo joke funny) Take your time, good things come to those, Hey Ill beta test for you if you need it =P

This is turning out to be the number 1 homebrew app....ever. The only thing that could top this is a ps2/xbox emulator. And I dont think that will happen till idk 2009.
I do think that you could release a beta as long as it dosent put out any of thoses special files. But the moment you do sony and other hacking communitys will be all over this claming it as there own. I still think you should add something that credits this site...something that would be hard to remove from the code...

S34MU5
October 7th, 2006, 16:43
tell anon that if he needs a BETA tester look no further. as i am here!

gotmilk0112
October 7th, 2006, 16:44
Little word in your ear, the emulator will be released when its ready, that could be next week or next month but ive ben told it will be quality from the off, sarcastic comments like coming in 2009 only make coders pissed off and also the likes of me, best to not say anything than to annoy people with lame comments.

cant wait to play my facorite game on my psp!! (C&C Red Alert!! :D :D :D )

Video_freak
October 7th, 2006, 16:51
"2 years later it was finally released."
At least it's being released. be grateful. I for one am very excited by this emulator. :)

CoDeXiTo
October 7th, 2006, 16:53
hopefully work the Resident Evil 2 :D

Emeriastone
October 7th, 2006, 16:54
No Teasy!!!

Zaitmi
October 7th, 2006, 16:57
Its a lot faster than psxp

You could actually play the games if u didnt mind doing so slowly

i cant give a fps count though,

Wow, that's fantastic news! If you can Wraggster, can you try out "Threads of Fate" for me? You may or may not have heard of it. If you have, and you have it or can get it, please do so. I would greatly appreciate it.

aries2k4
October 7th, 2006, 17:01
This is great news. Plus we know compatibility is better than psxp. Iīll be anxiosly waiting. Still havenīt found my copy of Resident evil though, bummer.

sroon
October 7th, 2006, 17:02
Woooow! Tits soooo close!
A question for you wreggy!
can you PLEASE try legend of mana for me please?
that game was great and i would like so see if it works!
you can just pm me if you want, I would be most greatful!
Sorry for taking up your time Wreggy!

( O ) ( O );)

kersplatty
October 7th, 2006, 17:07
aww man more teasing i cant take it any more! :eek: only messin so what did you mean wragsster bouts the dyna rec?

Jpdeathblade
October 7th, 2006, 17:08
I got re2 but my ps1 wot read it (nor dose my ps2). But, thank god, my computer reads it. I never tryed out the bin/cue file yet but I hope that it works.

O btw what formats dose this support? You know 150, Bin/cue, zip, rar, etc

Also how far in the games can you get before it stops, frezzes or crashes? If you want I can help you test that becasue I got games that I can play for hours without stopping =P

Mr.Denny
October 7th, 2006, 17:17
Thank you Wragg :)

Should be good, i hope the coder doesn`t give into the shitty pressure some members here are doing.

It`ll be out when it`s ready~

Exoskeletor
October 7th, 2006, 17:20
yeah im regathering all my old PSX faves, gonna need to borrow some off my mates.

how many games you have try until now?

Jpdeathblade
October 7th, 2006, 17:21
=( Dam hes on to us..RUN!

lol sorry for wanting the program =P

fly_x
October 7th, 2006, 17:23
owesome!cant wait,we need it come "soon"!!!!

blackrave
October 7th, 2006, 17:27
Bad question, Vendeta!

Thanks for the screenshots, wraggster. Theme Park World is so fun. How many FPS are they running (if there is a counter)?

I really hope it's coming sometime this month, but the coder must take the time he/she needs.
And I agree wCrAzY_fLiP3, Tombi/Tomba is a great game, which probably runs pretty fast on the emulator.

Video_Freak: You changed your avatar. :(
I like the old one better. :P

ACID
October 7th, 2006, 17:32
It all looks great but i will believe it when i see it in my hands.

Mr.Denny
October 7th, 2006, 17:32

You can get then legally by making "Back-ups" of the PSONE games you own with programs like WinISO.

Bad question, Vendeta!

I see no problem in posting this reply. It`s legal to make back-ups. It`s up to the person on how they want to use that information.

masterpsp2.6
October 7th, 2006, 17:35
hope its fast and have sound on release!!

Jpdeathblade
October 7th, 2006, 17:38
to be honest i can live without sound, i will die alot more in re2 but i can really live without it =P

I rather have re2 running 100% then 75% with little choopy sound =P

Mr.Denny
October 7th, 2006, 17:43
Hold on a second guys.

Did Wragg ever say if his release has sound?

I honestly wouldn`t keep playing the emu if it didn`t have sound :(

Accordion
October 7th, 2006, 17:45
no sound...yet

PSPKOR
October 7th, 2006, 17:46
Thanks for the screen shots wraggster, theme parks an ace game. One game people have not said about is the GTA series, I want them to work.

Wraggster can you tell us how the button canfig. works because theres L2, R2 and R3 missing?

Jpdeathblade
October 7th, 2006, 17:46
why not? Most of the time you cant have sound (like on a bus, or at school) but seriously!

you rather let it sit there then play it because it dosent have sound!/!?!?!?!?!
You lie, We all know that you will be i the corner playing all your ps1 games. =P

Mr.Denny
October 7th, 2006, 17:47
no sound...yet

:(

Oh man

I really hope it`s in the release ot at least planned to have sound at some stage.

Sound is just as imporant as the gameplay, it`s another important part of immersing the player in the world.

ExcruciationX
October 7th, 2006, 17:56
Thank's for the update, Wraggster! Hopefully, this will come out soon?

Rocksil
October 7th, 2006, 17:56
\Video Freak i like your new sig and avatar and also i cant wait:D

Kvonx
October 7th, 2006, 18:10
Man.......i dont even care that much anymore, i'll bin waiting for this so long jus hearing about it jus gets me angry......................YEAH right , wats da big hold up for, if it was gona be released it should have bin I guess sony is gona beat us to it!!!!

rehbock
October 7th, 2006, 18:10
nice pics wraggy thanks :)

valar
October 7th, 2006, 18:13
pictures are nothing really.they don't show how exactly emulator works.hope it comes out soon so i can test it by myself :)

mr_nick666
October 7th, 2006, 18:15
Nice to see some more screenies :D If youre using the latest version of Devhook Wraggster all you have to do is press the note key and it will put a snapshot in your PHOTO folder :p

canwemakelove
October 7th, 2006, 18:31
pics r lookin gud,cnt wait 4 the emu.

toto
October 7th, 2006, 18:46
using the screenshot module would make the best animated screenshots ever; And we could estimate the speed of the emulator since the screenshots are taken periodically (i suppose)

PlagueMusic
October 7th, 2006, 19:17

OMFG! ban this noob.

Mr. Shizzy
October 7th, 2006, 19:22
Great news. Can't wait. Thanks for the update Wrag. :)

splodger15
October 7th, 2006, 19:23
Cant wait i hope its soon

gunntims0103
October 7th, 2006, 19:23
i have to say that the psp homebrew scene has come a long way. heck now we are even up to the ps1 emu being on the psp. i hope that both emus of ps1 do well . though i know that we arnt gonna see great speed anytime soon, we still havent on diadalus(great emu thou) i still say that given 6 months if the emu is worked on every couple of weeks we will see something close to full speed. i for one would love to see tekken 2(how cool would that be) or even dragons dragoon(o man what a great game) or even resident evil 1(spooky). enjoying all these on a portable psp would be great. it even makes me think that Dream cast could be ported onto the psp.........i wouldnt go that far,but who knows the psp homebrew scene has come so far already.I look forward to more screen shots and updates and releases to this emu

mat_dizzy
October 7th, 2006, 19:36
Great News :)

gamesquest1
October 7th, 2006, 19:39
errr i may be wrong but dont you already have a copy of the emulator so why have you said you have asked the coder for pics and you have been told it will be good???

shrimpidy
October 7th, 2006, 19:39
I never knew there was a warcraft for PS1.

ICE
October 7th, 2006, 19:48
anybody know what format this thing supports? (ie. dax, bin/cue etc.....)???

wolfpack
October 7th, 2006, 19:59
yummy ps1

jaws365
October 7th, 2006, 20:02
hopefully work the Resident Evil 2 :D

hail to that!

spajdr
October 7th, 2006, 20:14
i miss Silent Hill 1 from PS1, so im waiting for this :-)

splodger15
October 7th, 2006, 20:20
it even makes me think that Dream cast could be ported onto the psp.........i wouldnt go that far

I would love to have dreamcast ported onto the psp

Rocksil
October 7th, 2006, 20:26
it seems possible but let me not change the subject

hahahaha
October 7th, 2006, 20:27
mmmmmmmmmm good squaresoft games on the psp.... it makes me want to cry just thinkin of it. Wraggster, r u gettin sound yet on urs and also what file extensions are the roms ur running using? thanks for the updates man.

Pender666
October 7th, 2006, 20:36
Would be cool have a CSO support of a ISO image. The images could be much smaller and fit much more games on a MS. :)
And about the fps?

Malksta
October 7th, 2006, 20:44
very nice screenies :)

emuking
October 7th, 2006, 20:50
we should all be patient, this emu will be great when it comes out, i cant wait to play mgs and silent hill on my psp :D

Rocksil
October 7th, 2006, 21:00
just give us a day or month wragger

stotheamuel
October 7th, 2006, 21:10
Hmm love the news... I can just feal it.. Crash bandicoot with infrastructure and wifi!

and @illegalmachine.. hmm 2009 you say? that's plenty of time to code it yourself... better get started

Jpdeathblade
October 7th, 2006, 21:50
I hope that this can play zip or rar files...that will make it easyer to hold more games.

Also a wifi feture would be cool addon later down the road. Playing twisted metal aganced my brother =P. I thing tho is that you need to make it so you only see your screen and not both of the (split screen)

Cant wait and good luck AC Hobo... lets hope sony never finds you =P

Hey W you think you can do an interveiw with AC? Ask him some questions that people keep askig like why he decided to make ps1p etc. but only if he has time.

splodger15
October 7th, 2006, 21:59
Lets hope its released soon i give credit to AC for his hard work on this emu

JKKDARK
October 7th, 2006, 22:02
In your dreams :p

Jpdeathblade
October 7th, 2006, 22:02
Hey here is another question: What is your definision of soon?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 7th, 2006, 22:05
go AC keep it going!!!!!!im not angry about this long wait because day after day i know its getting closer!!!!!!!!!! thx for the update Wraggy!!!

valar
October 7th, 2006, 22:06
i cannot wait till i play einhander,r-type delta or raiden dx on the go.

nyrtrublue
October 7th, 2006, 22:37

In my dreams too

jvabbdac
October 7th, 2006, 22:44
In wrag's post say "work perfectly although slow on the PSP"... I donīt think, in actual stage, this emulator is so realy,good comparate with Yoshiīs crap, maybe a litle,soo... Everyone !!!! Wait more days or month for a good job !!!!
Sorry my english

jvabbdac
October 7th, 2006, 22:48
In this stage...all games in lag, slowly....zZzZzZz !

gangsta14
October 7th, 2006, 22:52
this looks great, cant wait til its fuly working

Jpdeathblade
October 7th, 2006, 22:52
but it runs does it not?

I can deal with some lag..its not a big deal

Cloudhunter
October 7th, 2006, 22:56
Man.......i dont even care that much anymore, i'll bin waiting for this so long jus hearing about it jus gets me angry......................YEAH right , wats da big hold up for, if it was gona be released it should have bin I guess sony is gona beat us to it!!!!

Chill dude, it's only been less than 2 weeks. It will be released "when its ready".

I'm looking forward to the application, and I like all the updates and screenies.

Tell your AC good work from me ;)

Cloudy

splodger15
October 7th, 2006, 22:57
you shouldnt double post jvabbdac

gunntims0103
October 7th, 2006, 22:58
i think dreancast(flame me i dont care) is actually possible!!! i mean i see it all the time. 1st-someone says its impossible that could never be emulated on the psp or that could never be ported or never played ect. 2nd someone says yea i think its possible. 3rd someone take the step t start on the project. 4th its releast and everyone is in all and worships the coder as a god. we seen it for n64 with daedalus always breaking new ground. now were seeing it for ps1. i tell you ppl would have never thought that ps1 emulated on the psp would never be possible back then they would have famed you and said that your having a "fevered dream" and nothing more..........call me a dreamer but alots possible.... heck soon we are gonna see x-box ported to the psp j/k........lmao...........back too topic

smith1
October 7th, 2006, 23:00
i think dreancast(flame me i dont care) is actually possible!!! i mean i see it all the time. 1st-someone says its impossible that could never be emulated on the psp or that could never be ported or never played ect. 2nd someone says yea i think its possible. 3rd someone take the step t start on the project. 4th its releast and everyone is in all and worships the coder as a god. we seen it for n64 with daedalus always breaking new ground. now were seeing it for ps1. i tell you ppl would have never thought that ps1 emulated on the psp would never be possible back then they would have famed you and said that your having a "fevered dream" and nothing more..........call me a dreamer but alots possible.... heck soon we are gonna see x-box ported to the psp j/k........lmao...........back too topicNo, you can't emulate the Dreamcast on the PSP. It's more powerful than the PSP is. IIRC, it's more powerful than the PS2 is.

gunntims0103
October 7th, 2006, 23:12
yea i am aware of the power to port ratio that goes into creating emu's for other hardware. i'v had talks but isnt the n64 more powerful than the psp when porting or writing up a emu. heck way back when zx-81 was working on emu's before the gba emu started coming out i pm'ed him and asked if it was possible to creat a gba emu that runs on full speed for the psp. he said it was impossible because the psp wasnt even powerful enough to handle the gba. i think there are ways of getting around this if your a skilled coder. like creating a dynarec for the emu or using a j.i.t (just in time) that speeds up the speed and hardware to emu processing power. but like i said call me a dreamer maybe the dreamcast cant be played on the psp. we all can dream cant we. i just hope that the ps1 emu lives up to expectations and through time becomes better. i look forward to it

smith1
October 7th, 2006, 23:19
yea i am aware of the power to port ratio that goes into creating emu's for other hardware. i'v had talks but isnt the n64 more powerful than the psp when porting or writing up a emu. heck way back when zx-81 was working on emu's before the gba emu started coming out i pm'ed him and asked if it was possible to creat a gba emu that runs on full speed for the psp. he said it was impossible because the psp wasnt even powerful enough to handle the gba. i think there are ways of getting around this if your a skilled coder. like creating a dynarec for the emu or using a j.i.t (just in time) that speeds up the speed and hardware to emu processing power. but like i said call me a dreamer maybe the dreamcast cant be played on the psp. we all can dream cant we. i just hope that the ps1 emu lives up to expectations and through time becomes better. i look forward to itNo, the PSP is more powerful than the N64, by far. And I'm sorry to be harsh, but there will never be a dreamcast emulator for the PSP.

chrisrulz555
October 7th, 2006, 23:31
yea i am aware of the power to port ratio that goes into creating emu's for other hardware. i'v had talks but isnt the n64 more powerful than the psp when porting or writing up a emu. heck way back when zx-81 was working on emu's before the gba emu started coming out i pm'ed him and asked if it was possible to creat a gba emu that runs on full speed for the psp. he said it was impossible because the psp wasnt even powerful enough to handle the gba. i think there are ways of getting around this if your a skilled coder. like creating a dynarec for the emu or using a j.i.t (just in time) that speeds up the speed and hardware to emu processing power. but like i said call me a dreamer maybe the dreamcast cant be played on the psp. we all can dream cant we. i just hope that the ps1 emu lives up to expectations and through time becomes better. i look forward to it

How you got to 600 posts without a ban really does amaze me. Up until now it has only been the previous generation of consoles that have been worked on as emulators for the PSP, you are talking about taking current gen consoles and attempting to emulate them all of which are more powerful than the PSP making it impossible. Also everybody remember Yoshi is a piece of shit.

Emeriastone
October 7th, 2006, 23:51
Ok, this is my second post on this today, but--no more "coming soon."

Just give the estimated release date and then say "coming soon."

Jpdeathblade
October 7th, 2006, 23:52
chris did you just call the dreamcast current gen? Um maybe you been livin under a rock for the last 10 years but we got ps3 now....

Its possable...your like everyone else "you can emulate n64 or ps1 on psp" well we are doing it so i think we can do dreamcast

Cloudhunter
October 7th, 2006, 23:55
Well whether it is possible or not is another discussion, but please try and remember this thread is about a PLAYSTATION emulator?

Also, without word from Yoshi, we can't presume his motives for it. There is too much flaming going on. Leave that for some other place, NOT DCEMU.

Cloudy

Edit: In responce to the posts that happened while I was posting, Just because the PS1 is possible, doesn't mean that the Dreamcast will be.

Asuki
October 7th, 2006, 23:55
you are talking about taking current gen consoles and attempting to emulate them all of which are more powerful than the PSP making it impossible. Also everybody remember Yoshi is a piece of shit.

next gen? playstation came out 1996 (10 years ago hello?). And superfamicom 1993.. 13 years

PS2 can read DVD's
and DC can read GCD's
that's about it

update:
also notice: an PS1 is and 32-bit system, and DC is an 128-bit one.. ps1 runs on about 276mhz~ making it fairly possible to make it emulate on the psp's 333mhz cpu. DC runs on about 512-726mhz or so.

but the only problem for the psp is the ram

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 00:18
This stupid discussion must die. Dreamcast (or any system from the 128bit era) will never be emulated on psp :mad:

Kvonx
October 8th, 2006, 00:27
>>>>>> I DONT BELIEVE<<<<<<<<< even though i want to, i dont see it, dont play it ..................forever bin waiting, to me its not going to be like gpsp so this is just eye raising to HEAR ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AUGUST the 7th, yeah right wraggster sorry for doubting u but its jus a dream!!!!:( SORRY For Being Negative, but sum1 has to, so their will be more hype if actual comes out

gunntims0103
October 8th, 2006, 00:29
yea the only real problem with the psp is the ram when porting emu's .chrisrulz555 pritty harsh words i should be banned. why because i come with a thought or idea off of a topic and you come and flame me beacuse you didnt know that the dreamcast didnt come out last year. please. im intitled to my thought just like everyone else here im just saying that i think dreamcast is possible. of course im not saying that im able to do it i read up on porting emus and it looked like rocket science so maybe someone else. maybe exophase or zx-81 or even strrnnmm when he finishes deadalus (though i wont see this happening for a while) a coder that has knowledge of porting more advanced emu's to other hardware could at least attemped to do it. BUT HEY THATS ASKING ALOT. thats very time consuming and a coder has to be devoted to doing so.Jpdeathblade thanx for backing me up im glad theres more ppl out there that want to see dreamcast on the psp.like cloudhunter said In responce to the posts that happened while I was posting, Just because the PS1 is possible, doesn't mean that the Dreamcast will be. SO I MIGHT BE WRONG. im not saying im correct on this . back to topic. ps1 emu i cant wait

Solidus Snake
October 8th, 2006, 00:42
I can't await it:D

jvabbdac
October 8th, 2006, 00:48
What about a Saturn or 3DO emulator ? Is a very nice thing !!!

SpacemanSpiff
October 8th, 2006, 01:05
No, you can't emulate the Dreamcast on the PSP. It's more powerful than the PSP is. IIRC, it's more powerful than the PS2 is.
No the PSP and PS2 are a lot more powerful than the Dreamcast, just not nearly enough to be able to emulate it.

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 01:23
No the PSP and PS2 are a lot more powerful than the Dreamcast, just not nearly enough to be able to emulate it.
it is not right. I'm seeing that you don't have any idea about dreamcast. PLEASE, don't say stupid things.

classicgmr
October 8th, 2006, 01:31
Mmmmm... Warcraft portable. I'm drooling on my poor PSP already.

YourStillWithMe
October 8th, 2006, 01:39
wraggster-stop taunting us with this release. No offence but its coming off as being a bit rude.

Skye
October 8th, 2006, 01:46
Oh, stop it. I know you all love it. ;D

SpacemanSpiff
October 8th, 2006, 02:04
it is not right. I'm seeing that you don't have any idea about dreamcast. PLEASE, don't say stupid things.
AHUAHUAHUA, you must be one of those Sega fanboys in denial. In terms of raw computing power the PS2 and PSP dwarf the Dreamcast, which is why there weren't any Dreamcast games with nearly as many polygons being drawn onscreen at a time as your standard PS2 or PSP game. The Dreamcast also couldn't do advanced lighting techniques or particle effects nearly as well as the PS2 or PSP thanks to its limited processing power and lack of main RAM.

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 02:12
haha can you tell me a psp/ps2 game like Shenmue 1/2? :rolleyes:

XioN980
October 8th, 2006, 02:15

Not allowed to tell you links and besides the roms are HUGE so plunderin them aint worth it so just rip onto your computer using MagicISO which also puts them in Bin Format

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 02:17
Not allowed to tell you links and besides the roms are HUGE so plunderin them aint worth it so just rip onto your computer using MagicISO which also puts them in Bin Format
and it is an image, not a rom :p

emuking
October 8th, 2006, 02:26
and it is an image, not a rom :p

thats correct but were not allowed to talk about that stuff its bad :cool:

SpacemanSpiff
October 8th, 2006, 02:33
haha can you tell me a psp/ps2 game like Shenmue 1/2? :rolleyes:
If you're looking for a game with a similar style as Shenmue then the recently released PS2 game Yakuza fits the bill nicely. But really, just about every game released for the PS2/PSP has way more detailed environments and character models than Shenmue as well as more advanced lighting, physics, and other effects that simply couldn't be pulled off on the Dreamcast.

troom
October 8th, 2006, 02:39
my psp can emulate a fart lol everybody should just chill out i came to this site because every one here seemed cool but now some of you are starting to sound like hate to say it the big Q j sorry wag think you need to close this thread.

Cloudhunter
October 8th, 2006, 02:40
Does it even matter? Geez guys, this is about a Playstation emulator.

Get a room, or a thread, or a pm or something.

Cloudy

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 02:50
If you're looking for a game with a similar style as Shenmue then the recently released PS2 game Yakuza fits the bill nicely. But really, just about every game released for the PS2/PSP has way more detailed environments and character models than Shenmue as well as more advanced lighting, physics, and other effects that simply couldn't be pulled off on the Dreamcast.

yakuza? it has ugly textures, comparing with shenmue. also the gameplay is worst than any shenmue, shenmue has an awesome interactivity and a lot of quick time events, free battles and quests, and a real time and weather systems. yakuza is an action/adventure game, and shenmue is FREE (full reactive eyes entertainment).
Also, did you check the grandia 2 versions for dc and ps2? If you played both, you can see that the ps2 version is bad, horrible graphics.
If you check sites about consoles comparision, you know that the PS2 is worst than gamecube and xbox. example: all the sonic games for ps2 are worst than the gamecube/xbox versions. (maybe this site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28sixth_generation %29#Number_of_bits) can help you)
in other words, ps2 is not powerful. sony only has a lot of money. They don't know how to do a great game (Sega kicks Sony ass ;P)

pkmaximum
October 8th, 2006, 02:51
I wonder if Wraggster knowns, if any plans behind the coder who is working on this, if he is already implementing a dyranec engine or not =D

BL4Z3D247
October 8th, 2006, 02:52
we can talk about "PS1" isos and only PS1 isos, same rule as roms basically u can't post links or post where to get roms, warez, isos, ect. but we can discuss how to rip our own games and which ones work ect.

this is how i understood it when a mod. posted it

pkmaximum
October 8th, 2006, 03:10

LOL thats funny, In my dreams, I'm playing full speed Zelda Ocarina of Time with sound, on the Ultra HLE emulator that was not released. And I'm also playing Kingdom Hearts II all on my PSP =O.

PS:: Sometimes I get the feeling to many people on this forum, here the word 'ISO" and they go crazy, thinking its extremely illegal. Backing up your own legit games, using programs like Clone CD, and Alcohol 120% is 100% legit and legal. For instance, even backing up YOUR OWN PSP games, and playing them, to get more optimized performances, and to save battery life is also 100% legal. As you are still supporting the game company by buying their game in the first place.

SpacemanSpiff
October 8th, 2006, 03:13
yakuza? it has ugly textures, comparing with shenmue. also the gameplay is worst than any shenmue, shenmue has an awesome interactivity and a lot of quick time events, free battles and quests, and a real time and weather systems. yakuza is an action/adventure game, and shenmue is FREE (full reactive eyes entertainment).
Also, did you check the grandia 2 versions for dc and ps2? If you played both, you can see that the ps2 version is bad, horrible graphics.
If you check sites about consoles comparision, you know that the PS2 is worst than gamecube and xbox. example: all the sonic games for ps2 are worst than the gamecube/xbox versions. (maybe this site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28sixth_generation %29#Number_of_bits) can help you)
in other words, ps2 is not powerful. sony only has a lot of money. They don't know how to do a great game (Sega kicks Sony ass ;P)
LOL. Have you seen Grandia 3 on the PS2? It blows Grandia 2 out of the water. Most 3D platformers on the PS2 like the Jak/Ratchet/Sly games embarass the Dreamcast Sonic games in a similar fashion. But really, there's no point arguing with blind Sega fanboys who's zealotry prevents them from seeing the Dreamcast's obvious technical deficiencies.

jvabbdac
October 8th, 2006, 03:14
Yeah... N64 on PSP, sorry coder (i know is a really dificult work), but itīs sux... Sorry, but is not playable yet...

smith1
October 8th, 2006, 03:21
ps1 runs on about 276mhz~ making it fairly possible to make it emulate on the psp's 333mhz cpu.Er, what? LMAO.

MIPS R3000A-compatible (R3051) 32bit RISC chip running at 33.8688 MHz

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 03:25
LOL. Have you seen Grandia 3 on the PS2? It blows Grandia 2 out of the water. Most 3D platformers on the PS2 like the Jak/Ratchet/Sly games embarass the Dreamcast Sonic games in a similar fashion. But really, there's no point arguing with blind Sega fanboys who's zealotry prevents them from seeing the Dreamcast's obvious technical deficiencies.
I don't see that these 3 series sold more than the sonic serie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_computer_and_video_games#Franchise)

Darth PeeWee
October 8th, 2006, 03:25
Could I get U to Test Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together, and Final Fantasy Tactics. Also, "Runs Perfect but slow"? How can somthing be perfect if it runs slow? Please use somthing like "Runs well, not perfect yet but getting there".

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 03:29
PS:: Sometimes I get the feeling to many people on this forum, here the word 'ISO" and they go crazy, thinking its extremely illegal. Backing up your own legit games, using programs like Clone CD, and Alcohol 120% is 100% legit and legal. For instance, even backing up YOUR OWN PSP games, and playing them, to get more optimized performances, and to save battery life is also 100% legal. As you are still supporting the game company by buying their game in the first place.

There are forums like emutalk and 1emulation where you cannot talk about images/roms. It is not illegal, but you can't talk about how to make an image and other things.

troom
October 8th, 2006, 03:48
LOL thats funny, In my dreams, I'm playing full speed Zelda Ocarina of Time with sound, on the Ultra HLE emulator that was not released. And I'm also playing Kingdom Hearts II all on my PSP =O.

PS:: Sometimes I get the feeling to many people on this forum, here the word 'ISO" and they go crazy, thinking its extremely illegal. Backing up your own legit games, using programs like Clone CD, and Alcohol 120% is 100% legit and legal. For instance, even backing up YOUR OWN PSP games, and playing them, to get more optimized performances, and to save battery life is also 100% legal. As you are still supporting the game company by buying their game in the first place.there is a psp port of ultra hle i never heard of one not saying your wrong if there is one hook a bro up please.

wolfpack
October 8th, 2006, 04:54
this release better have sound in it!!!

ICE
October 8th, 2006, 05:08
my only problem with this is my backups are too bloody big. my money is going towards a wii not a bigger memory stick. at least not anytime soon.

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 05:12
Thats why we need zip and rar support. I got resident evil and legend of legaia. Both together make about a gig of space... We can cut that in half or less with zip/rar support...

Again dont expect sound, zip/rar support, or full speed for the first release. Never get your hopes to high because if you think 1 thing and get another all youll do is put down the program. 3/4ths the people who read about it think the release will be full speed, and if it is not flame wars start...

just saying...

nyrtrublue
October 8th, 2006, 05:23
there is a psp port of ultra hle i never heard of one not saying your wrong if there is one hook a bro up please.

no port of ultra hle,:( he likes to be sarcastic :p and a while ago someone claimed to have a port that ran zelda OOT full speed but it was just a hoax:eek:

jason867
October 8th, 2006, 05:29
Whenever this anon guy (or girl, although unlikely lol) releases this emulator, $ony is going to be royally pi$$ed off. Especially if it performs well and is released before sony's.

I've only seen a few pieces of homebrew that I'd be willing to donate and/or pay for, but I have to say, I'd be willing to pay more for this than Sony's version, if it performs well.

Keep it up, mr. anonymous, your work is duely appreciated...

Snoppydude
October 8th, 2006, 05:55
Well ripping an ISO would be a great way to save space. Then gain there are some games that shouldn't be ripped.

Anyway, I just want to hear FF7's theme music on my psp ASAP please.

On a side note, I think 100% emulation is possible on the PSP. You have 16 MB's to dedicated to emulation and 16MB's to dedicate to the game. From those screen shots it seems it isn't too far-fetched.

Good job anonymous coder.

hockey2112
October 8th, 2006, 05:56
hey i cant wait ;)

this will give the PSP scene a nice boost, i cant wait for yoshis emulator too :)

Wraggster, I have seen you mentioning Yoshi's emu a fe w times lately. I too hope to see more of it down the ine. However, I seem to remember reading somewhere on DCEMU that he decided to trash the project alltogether. Have you heard something to the contrary, or are you simply hoping for it? I (and I'm sure "we") would love to hear something somewhat concrete about PSX-P.

errr i may be wrong but dont you already have a copy of the emulator so why have you said you have asked the coder for pics and you have been told it will be good???

I figure that he asked for pics of those games because he may not have copies on hand at the moment.

He says that it will be quality from the first public release... not that the beta that wraggster has is "quality"... yet.

Snoppydude
October 8th, 2006, 06:01
BTW...I happen to have a 5 MP camera that takes very good video (640x480) and pictures that are amazing quality.

If you need a hand....of course I'd be sworn to secrecy and would be willing to offer some sort of Collateral.

Just a thought.

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 06:30
Guys I just thought of something....ps2nfo will steal this and say its there own. You need to put some kind of credit all over the place. Im talking dcemu everywhere you can!

Make a background that says it over and over on an angle, add it to every screen you make, when the game loads up make it say brought to you by dcemu, when you exit make it say thank you for play ps1p from dcemu, make dcemu apper at the bottom of the screen in the corner, etc

Do your best to stop ps2nfo...heck even make a name AC Hobo and post it =P, actually ya make names everywhere as AC Hobo =P noone can impersanate you then etc...

YourStillWithMe
October 8th, 2006, 06:36
For all of you noobs who want to ps1 isos do this

get your own friggin copy of the ps1 game you wanna get the rom/iso of get alchohol 120% and make your own iso of the game.

get alchohol *from their official website*

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 06:44
Actualy I went out to gamestop and bought a bunch of ps1 games...the guy there thought I was high or something =P

Pender666
October 8th, 2006, 06:46
How about a CSO support for PSX ISOs? Would make a ISO much smaller with almost none slowdown.

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 06:48
No zip and rar...thats even smaller =P

Dickhead
October 8th, 2006, 08:45
Well I have my games ready to be placed on to my memory stick(when I finally work out which games I want on my memory stick due to memory stick space), I may even go out and buy some PS1 games that I used to have again. I think emulators such as this can infact encourge the sales of old games. My favourite games on PS1 are the tekken games, Soul blade, Destruction Derby 1/2 and Ridge racer games. Final Fantasy IV was also in my collection of games before I sold the game for another one. I am looking forward to this

Baboon
October 8th, 2006, 10:39
I've bought a few games on ebay for cheap that I seem to have lost over time (MGS, Driver, GTA 1&2, GT2)... so I really hope this new emu (when ever it does get released) does live up to the hype.

Paiku
October 8th, 2006, 11:22
I need tactics ogre :O, *goes to ebay*

edit: not just for PS1P I need it in my rpg collection.

arch stanton
October 8th, 2006, 11:27
For all of you noobs who want to ps1 isos do this

get your own friggin copy of the ps1 game you wanna get the rom/iso of get alchohol 120% and make your own iso of the game.

get alchohol

Correct me if I'm wrong but,
as it's a piece of commercial software, I'm pretty sure using torrents to get alcohol 120% is just as illiegal as using torrents to get ps1 iso's.
What you should be saying is, you should buy Alcohol 120% from the Alcohol soft web site.

Quoted post fixed, and user warned - Quzar

gamesquest1
October 8th, 2006, 11:32
Correct me if I'm wrong but,
as it's a piece of commercial software, I'm pretty sure using torrents to get alcohol 120% is just as illiegal as using torrents to get ps1 iso's.
What you should be saying is, you should buy Alcohol 120% from the Alcohol soft web site.
Yeah so just download cdrwin if ya dont want to pay or deprive the poor software maker of their food money lol. it might be a bit slow but better than payin :P

rehbock
October 8th, 2006, 14:09
alcohol 52% is for free
h**p://www.majorgeeks.com/Alcohol_52%_Free_Edition_d5273.html

edit but doesnt depend on topic aslong there is no emulator

Pender666
October 8th, 2006, 16:39
RAR & ZIP has a very slow seek time, so loading process will take an eternity. That's the reason Dark Alex created DAX, a modded version of the Z compression. CSO & DAX compress less but has a great seek time, resulting in a minor slowdown decompressing data. In RAR & ZIP per example, if you need decompress a file in the midle of the archive, both them need decompress all data before the selected file to be able extract the file.