PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 3 grosses $775m in 5 days

wraggster
November 17th, 2011, 23:39
Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has grossed $775 million in five days, breaking the $650 million record set by previous CoD title Black Ops.
According to Activision, the game was the best-selling title of all time at the top five retailers in North America, and it set online records on Xbox Live with 3.3 million unique users on November 8.
Life-to-date sales for the entire Call of Duty series have exceeded $6 billon worldwide.
"With $775 million of sales of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in its first five days, Call of Duty has become the first entertainment property in history to set five-day launch records for three consecutive years across all forms of entertainment," commented Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard.
Microsoft said that more than 7 million multiplayer hours were logged on Xbox Live on launch day.
"As I have said all year, we have been singluarly focused on making a spectacular game for our fans, and nothing else. Our incredible teams at Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games have done just that," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing.
"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 continues to thrill core gaming enthusiasts as well as draw new people into the medium, which is not an easy balancing act. But it takes more than a great game. I would also like to thank our incredible team for the pulling off the launch of the year, as well as our retail partners around the world. But most of all, I want to thank our fans. They are our toughest critics, and our biggest supporters, and none of this would be possible without them."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2011-11-17-modern-warfare-3-grosses-USD775m-in-5-days