PDA

View Full Version : translating ps2 games

neomaster
January 3rd, 2005, 14:08
Is it possible to translate ps2 games and programs.If it is please tell me how or with what programs.THANKS

Mental2k
January 3rd, 2005, 16:59
It probably is, but if ur doin it in the way I think you are then its illegal, soooo, you cant post about it here. your best bet is to google for it.

neomaster
January 4th, 2005, 15:27
It is not for sell.It is for my personal use.And i thin it is not illegal or is it.

spratster
January 7th, 2005, 13:17
as far as i am aware it is legal to make personal backups of games as long as not for resale but for personal use such as keepin your origonals in mint condition!!!!

Zaneblade
January 17th, 2005, 15:48
i wanted to do that with my GTA SA but my p.c would not let me copy it back onto another disk! i then also realised that it would not play on my ps2 and my sister then steped onto the dvd disc(with high hells) and made a massive crack onto the top of the disc so it could not be used!

spratster
January 18th, 2005, 13:30
keep em of the floor then ;D

spahar
August 10th, 2005, 22:03
First of all, sorry for reviving this dead thread but i thought it was better than creating a new one.

I have an original game and i would like to see it translated in my language, does anyone knows any good site or forum with info or even better guides for translating ps2 games? If you have any info please share, thanks a lot.

Cap'n 1time
August 10th, 2005, 22:34
well, its not terribly differant from modifying the script in roms as far as I know. there used to be an excellant source called the rom hackers repository.. but its gone. Translation isnt somthing I have ever even concidered doing... Modifying fonts and creating table files to support the other language must be a real complexed process... All you really need is a hex editor and a brain (and probably some more tools too). I recomend you google for some tutorials on rom translation, but be warned... its a long, lonely process.

spahar
August 11th, 2005, 08:42
Thanks for your answer, i have found info about about rom translating ,but i wasn't able able to find something for ps2 games. I know it would a very difficult task.

Shiaoran
August 11th, 2005, 09:05
i've seen translated psx isos, but never ps2...
actually, i've never burned a ps2 iso, dunno why :P (I can get burned games for 75cents, the media and the trouble downloading/burning costs more than 75cents :P)