PDA

View Full Version : can army guys drink at 18 or what?

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 8th, 2006, 12:48
recently ive been in talks and have joined the navy. my friend stew who is a civil engineer and worker at the air NG base took me out for food once. He said even though he wasnt getting me beer as a military guy i was alowed to at 18 since i was the state's property. then i saw on That '70s Show the guys getting drinks easy because they said they were military. Stew has been behind the times before and i'm not sure but i think the special age limit tratment was overturned in 1983/4 by MADD lobbying. I just don't know. People at snopes.com seem to think being 100 miles close to the base alows me to drink. Can someone clear this up for me. I'm frustrated enough i was kicked from a swingers party do to alcohol i nvr planned on drinking.:confused:

bullhead
October 8th, 2006, 14:59
Alcohol is bad. Devil water!

Its cool that in europe you can drink at 18 legaly...isnt it?

Kramer
October 8th, 2006, 15:02
Isnt the legal drinking age in England 16?

bullhead
October 8th, 2006, 15:03
Isnt the legal drinking age in England 16?

No.

Kramer
October 8th, 2006, 15:07
Alright I just heard that somewhere.

bullhead
October 8th, 2006, 15:26
It doesnt stop the young ones getting fake id's and getting pissed anyway....

Kramer
October 8th, 2006, 15:30
Here the youngens without an older brother/sister stand outside the bottlo asking randoms. No need for an expensive fake id.

bullhead
October 8th, 2006, 15:55
lol, ive witnessed that also. a bunch of kids asked me to buy them drink. i said no of course...

S34MU5
October 8th, 2006, 16:02
haha i get blazing all the time and im fifteen.
just to clear things up
the uk:
Drinking ages is 18
Driving ages is 17
Smoking ages is 16
but the wer gona put them up bye 2 years except driving by 1

bullhead
October 8th, 2006, 16:08
when were they gonna put them up? I dont believe you :P

1stvinicius
October 8th, 2006, 16:26
Alcohol 120% is good! :D

spajdr
October 8th, 2006, 16:44
Alcohol 120% is good! :D

Yeah, it can burn pretty much everything... in you :D

Accordion
October 8th, 2006, 17:27
actually, i have reason to believe the legal age for DRINKING alcohol in britain is 5. however you must be 18 to BUY it yourself. basically if the legal guardian allows you to then its legal, as long as safety is not at risk.

dejkirkby
October 8th, 2006, 17:37
Accordian boy is correct. He beat me to the punch in posting.

Accordion
October 8th, 2006, 17:40
hahahaha

cloud_952
October 8th, 2006, 18:32
Okay, for the US military, you do not have any special drinking rights. However, most people, upon seeing a green military ID (standard issue, or any other military ID) will just assume you're 21 and serve/sell you alcohol. So, it's pretty common for people to pretty much be able to buy alcohol because they're in the military, but it's not a law, and it's still illegal.

But I see how people could mistake the fact that no one hassles you about it for it being a law.

ACID
October 9th, 2006, 10:20
recently ive been in talks and have joined the navy. my friend stew who is a civil engineer and worker at the air NG base took me out for food once. He said even though he wasnt getting me beer as a military guy i was alowed to at 18 since i was the state's property. then i saw on That '70s Show the guys getting drinks easy because they said they were military. Stew has been behind the times before and i'm not sure but i think the special age limit tratment was overturned in 1983/4 by MADD lobbying. I just don't know. People at snopes.com seem to think being 100 miles close to the base alows me to drink. Can someone clear this up for me. I'm frustrated enough i was kicked from a swingers party do to alcohol i nvr planned on drinking.:confused:
Ok heres my two cents. Take this form me i was an officer in the US ARMY for a long time. They dont ask your age because you are a GI and should live by a code of honor. That means you follow the rules. Witch in the USA is 21 Y/O to drink. Dont risk getting dishonorably discharge for a beer. Not worth it. Specialy if your planing to go to college after worth.

Darksaviour69
October 9th, 2006, 10:23
joining the army for a beer.... harsh

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 11th, 2006, 01:17
well its about time somebody answered. And Alchohol 120! GRRRR. I Snoped this issue and they said that before MADD started bitching in the early '80s the law was a tad different. And code of honor?! the military ID says your age I believe. The other real issue is that i was booted from the party. The main reason being that alchohol was served. Why am i accountable for their alchohol's use?! How do i get around that law?

KEEP IT ON TOPIC!!! I WANT ME SUM SWINGERS NEXT TIME!

Kaiser
October 11th, 2006, 01:27
Canadians drink legally at 18 and illegally start drinking at 13/14. :)