PDA

View Full Version : Wifi Bablefish

wraggster
October 8th, 2006, 14:36
New release from razorrifh (http://hackersgonewild.ramonecung.com/) which is a Lua app for the PSP, heres the details:

i got bored about 20 minutes into installing the psp toolchain (it ended up taking 6 hours, 52 minutes) so i decided to code something up with lua. i saw the coder of palib (i'm assuming a nds programming library? dunno) wrote a language translation program based on a dictionary.

i liked the idea, but i thought it would be a bit better to grab the translation from somewhere online, because then you could have an already built translation system with support for multiple languages. instantly i thought of babelfish. i loaded it up in the browser and viewed the source to see what i could see, and lo and behold... well there was the source. i typed up a querry string based on the variable names and it worked. yay.

so anyways, here's the file. to use it (only for firmware 1.5 i'm pretty sure) just throw it in your x:/PSP/GAME/ folder. it's called "wifi babelfish poc". run it (with the wifi switch on!) and it will show you a list of your wifi connections. this is just the proof-of-concept, so it will automatically choose the first connection, and then start trying to get an ip address from the access point. please note that it may freeze if the signal strength isn't strong enough, or if it looses connection. hold start to reset, and if that doesnt work, use the home button to do so and try again.

i plan on making this a full little app including text input, and file saving. if i dont get around to it, someone else may. just lemme peek at your source if you do :)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Veskgar
October 8th, 2006, 15:07
Very cool little app. Thanks for the work put into it. I'm looking forward to see how this progresses.

mr_nick666
October 8th, 2006, 19:22
Very cool little app. Thanks for the work put into it. I'm looking forward to see how this progresses.

/\ /\ Basically what I was going to say! :p We await the next release! ;)