PDA

View Full Version : PS1P News - New PSOne Emu for PSP Coming Soon

wraggster
October 8th, 2006, 16:56
Hi all, still no news of a release but i can tell you that AC is trying to sort out the Dynarec but has run into a few problems, more as i find out more.

Now ive posted that Theme Park World, Comand and Conquer Retaliation and Warcraft 2 all work perfectly but not at full speed, but playable if your patient ;)

Well today AC has told me of games he/she has tested too, heres the list:

Now something you might be interested in: some games that have been tested and confirmed to work by myself :)

RPG Maker (almost fullspeed), Ridge Racer, Ridge Racer Revolution, Rally de Africa, Rally de Europe, Final Fantasy 7, Agent Armstrong, Bubble Bobble 2 (very fast), B-Movie, Cool Boarders 2, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Castlevania: SOTN, King of Fighters 99, Batman Forever (FULLSPEED!), Gex 2: Enter the Gecko, Tomb Raider Chronicles (playable in my opinion), Breath of Fire 3, Jersey Devil.

--A.C.

Ill post any updates the moment they come in and remember only DCEmu has the exclusive news on this emulator.

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 16:58
glad to hear it :)

Rocksil
October 8th, 2006, 16:58
i just cant WAIT!

Malksta
October 8th, 2006, 16:59
Great! :D

weirdelf
October 8th, 2006, 17:00
wow

Baboon
October 8th, 2006, 17:01
Nice working list... but hows MGS, GTA, Driver and Stider 1+2 doing????

DPyro
Sweet, hope it comes out soon :D

spajdr
Great :-) can we see some at least new pictures from emulator too? :-) And if possible to test Silent Hill 1, if it works :P

PS.: and friend asking if Resident Evil 2 and Dinocrisis works :p

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 17:02
I dont like you AC Hobo =( Your just showing it off now =P

Im kidding of course...this is awsome news! Keep up the great job!

thdoye01
October 8th, 2006, 17:02
My first post ^^

I can't wait :)

spajdr
October 8th, 2006, 17:03
My first post ^^

Welcome to forum mate ;)

gunntims0103
October 8th, 2006, 17:05
alsum news batman running at full speed=)!!!!!!!! i cant wait

JD/
October 8th, 2006, 17:10
nice ff7 is running and batman full speed and tomb raider is decent speed and still not proper dynarec this is awesome not to mention castelvania sotn :D

Paiku
October 8th, 2006, 17:10
good god! SOTN

janys
October 8th, 2006, 17:15
w00t for Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider!

zensure
October 8th, 2006, 17:25
you are saying that Castlevania: SOTN is full speed?! wow, release it now for the love of God xDDDD.

Greetings.

appie01
October 8th, 2006, 17:26
i love this what a great emu wonder what the fps for tomb raider is and what about mgs-resident evil 1.2.3
and dino crisis 1&2

cant wait for the dynarec. is working and will there be sound i would love to see that eventualy this emu is as good as sony's emu and cheaper:D :D

Malksta
October 8th, 2006, 17:28
cant wait for the dynarec. is working and will there be sound i would love to see that eventualy this emu is as good as sony's emu and cheaper:D :D

It's homebrew..

masterpsp2.6
October 8th, 2006, 17:28
i wanna see some resident evil and silent hill!!!!!!!!!!! at full speed with sound!

dejkirkby
October 8th, 2006, 17:31
This news is pant-wettingly good!

Uzumaki_Naruto
October 8th, 2006, 17:33
lmao.. now everyone's beging for full-speed... take it easy guys, i'm excited too but we must be patient... and don't expect to play full speed as soon as this comes out...

valar
October 8th, 2006, 17:34
it's good to hear that dynamic recompiler is being developed..hope we all are going to use this emu very soon.einhander!

rehbock
October 8th, 2006, 17:40
oh problems :/
but good to know dynarec is gonna be in there with the first release

spajdr
October 8th, 2006, 17:47
Any Paypal account set, where i can send some money to support author?

pkmaximum
October 8th, 2006, 17:48
Wow this is getting very exciting. It makes me feel so happy though to know this emulator is not even released. But I'm positive its real. Because Wraggster says he already has a private BETA. And I will be so happy if we can get Castle Vania Symphony of the Night at full speed. Such a basic 2D game. But I loved it so much =D.

And I'm going to assume, that he hasn't even begun sound yet XD

psychadelicious
October 8th, 2006, 17:48
word.

Eternal-Blue
October 8th, 2006, 17:53
games i want to play:

Final Fantasy 7 + Tactics
Lunar 1+2
Xenogears
Grandia
Wild Arms
Dragon Warrior 7
Resident Evil 1-3
Silent Hill
Die Hard Trilogy
Loaded
Wing Commander 3

Tooplex
October 8th, 2006, 18:06
Is this with or without sound?

Malksta
October 8th, 2006, 18:07
Is this with or without sound?

I think theres no sound at the moment..

I dont really care

Airdevil
October 8th, 2006, 18:09
GEX!? omg i love that game, i cant wait to play that on my psp lol:D

BrooksyX
October 8th, 2006, 18:10
Good News, I cant wait for the great news though (a release :D )

Video_freak
October 8th, 2006, 18:13
i wanna see some resident evil and silent hill!!!!!!!!!!! at full speed with sound!
I hate ungrateful people such as this. These types of comments put pressure on the coders, and then you get a less good emu (or no emu at all) in the end. :mad:

Lodis
October 8th, 2006, 18:13
The fact that this emulator runs any games at near full speed, playable or full speed at all is simply amasing and very exciting, even more so when you consider it does not have a dynarec yet.

All I would really like to see at this moment in the emulators life cycle is videos of some of the best performing games to get a really good idea about speed. I do not think it should be released until the Dev is happy with it, never mind the impatient people.

Veskgar
October 8th, 2006, 18:25
Now ive posted that Theme Park World, Comand and Conquer Retaliation and Warcraft 2 all work perfectly but not at full speed, but playable if your patient ;)
Well in just weeks we will have a FULL-SPEED highly compatible PS1 EMU from SONY.

I use 1.50 firmware and will NEVER upgrade but I may buy a 2nd PSP to use SONY's new built-in features. I would prefer a homebrew solution and very much prefer emulation through DevHook.

IT could very well end up being that this homebrew solution comes BEFORE any potential DevHook emulation for use with SONY's PS1 EMU.

I, like most people, feel that having SOUND & very fast speed is essential to enjoying PS1 on a PSP.

Thank you for this great project A.C.

YourStillWithMe
October 8th, 2006, 18:33
Wow! You've been hyping this up for weeks Wraggster. . . For as much hype as you have been giving it I hope that I will at least be able to play FF8 up to Diablos w/ or w/out sound!

Accordion
October 8th, 2006, 18:35
i think its only the second week

SSaxdude
October 8th, 2006, 18:43
This just might be the greatest thing to ever happen to the PSP. Even better than the release of the PSP!

lplover2k
October 8th, 2006, 18:49
sounds great!!! can't wait!!! to play crash bandicoot and megaman legends and tekken on my psp!!!!

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 18:59
I need this! =P

I think W had the release sitting on his psp and he is playing away thinking to himself when to release it.
Cant wait (AC Hobo...lol had to say it.)

mr_nick666
October 8th, 2006, 19:00
Im looking forward to replaying (for the umpteenth time :rolleyes: ) Final Fantasy VII - now on the move! :D Sound is quite an issue though... It is integral (I think) to many games :o Lets hope this is something which can be implimented :p Id love to play Soul Reaver too... This game constantly streams off the disk though so it may not be possible :( Whatever we get it will be free and 1.5 compatible so "YAY!" :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 8th, 2006, 19:11
LMAO we have been hearing coming soon for ages its wearing a bit thin now we need a release.

AlinayG
October 8th, 2006, 19:12
man i cant wait for this.....T~T

Zukan
October 8th, 2006, 19:18
I don't care for the "Coming Soon" mark. Just take all the time you need A.C. I'd rather play my PS1 games on a 1.5 compatible emulator than the official one from Sony.
And thanks for the updates wraggster, even if they're just teasers, I love them. So keep em coming!

Zaitmi
October 8th, 2006, 19:21
Wow! I didn't expect the PS1P to run anything at full speed without dynarec, but what a break through! Since a couple of games are full speed, we can expect the rest of the games are on there way. I really want to play "Threads of Fate", it would be so awesome. Anonymous coder, whoever you are, don't think that you have to make a release right away. Go ahead and take your time with this. Also, thank you Wraggster for keeping us updated this far. I hope both of you keep up the good work.

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 19:58
I love you AC Hobo...*gay moment....ok its over now*
Ok guys I predict that by next monday this will be out =P

O ya W do you think you can define soon? Please.. =P

SteveV2
October 8th, 2006, 20:02
Shocking, if any of you's are wanting, so badly to play some psx games, buy a bloody psx.

Hit some CPS1 in the mean time :)

S34MU5
October 8th, 2006, 20:02
test c&c red alert.
tomb radier 3
and FFIX
they are all amzing games.
i really cannot wait for this emu!

Nikolaos
October 8th, 2006, 20:04
today is an exciting day for homebrew . :)

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 20:09
Shocking, if any of you's are wanting, so badly to play some psx games, buy a bloody psx.

Hit some CPS1 in the mean time :)

I got a psx and 2 ps2's (1s broken) I play them all the time. But with this! O with this we can play in the car, on a bus, sitting outside, at a friends house, ITS FRICKEN PORTABLE!!!!!

nyrtrublue
October 8th, 2006, 20:16
i love getting these updates and all you haters should be a little more sympathetic for the coder if sony finds out who he is they can make his life rough making it harder for an update.

Videofreak whats with the new avatar?

troom
October 8th, 2006, 20:23
take your time i realy want it but i will wait as long as it takes like most people here i dont want to upgrade to get the new ps1 emu from sony and lose my home brew.(know spellings bad not entering spelling bee):D

JD/
October 8th, 2006, 20:34
This emu is gonna be awesome some games are already full speed without a proper dynarec so I really want this emu lol but It will be better if AC Hobo takees his/her time I cant wait to play ff7 and legend of dragoon o yea! :D

RetroGoth
October 8th, 2006, 20:38
omg castlevania works WOOT I CANT WAIT!

emuking
October 8th, 2006, 20:43
wraggster you should plaster the logo over any psp1 updates, other sites like ps2nfo.com always take away any of your updates, i hate them for that :(

daibo
October 8th, 2006, 20:48
Is the identity of Ac going to be revealed after the release?

gunntims0103
October 8th, 2006, 20:53
This emu is gonna be awesome some games are already full speed without a proper dynarec so I really want this emu lol but It will be better if AC Hobo takees his/her time I cant wait to play ff7 and legend of dragoon o yea! :D

o that was the game legend of dragoon:rolleyes: all this time i been saying dragon's dragoon......... i never owned the game myself i played it and it was mind blowing the game is sick:D ps1 emu for psp here i come

DPyro
October 8th, 2006, 21:06
Legend of Dragoon battle system pwned :D

Lodis
October 8th, 2006, 21:23
Is the identity of Ac going to be revealed after the release?

It serves no real purpose for the coder to reveal their identity other than to make it potentially easier for Sony to block future updates of this emulator.

hahahaha
October 8th, 2006, 21:40
sounds like it will be a great first release. let's all just hope this lives up to what we're being told. thanks for the update Wraggster. I'm waiting with my psx games in my left hand and my psp in my right. the day this releases will be the day I quit my job to play all day :-)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 8th, 2006, 21:41
cool, and some games are fullspeed....gobsmack!!!!!!!

splodger15
October 8th, 2006, 21:53
Does any of the crash bandicoots work

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 22:20
Ok im going to sould like a d!ck but I think you guys need some help...

Seriously you need to test out more games so you need people with alot of psx games...

I only got 5 =( so I cant help but there must be someone with a crapload of games. This way you can stop the constint posting or dose FF7 work?

You know what...what and find out =P Also you can get peeps with devhook to take pics and video... not just AC Hobo and W...all we got were like 8 screens and 2 crappy vids =P

Zephyroth_drgs
October 8th, 2006, 22:34
please wraggster or AC test Final fantasy tactics!!!!

cool

JD/
October 8th, 2006, 22:36
another good game im waiting to play is dragon valor that game owns but legend of dragoon is on level with final fantasy VII maybe even better the battle system was sic much better than final fantasy VII's one.

pkmaximum
October 8th, 2006, 23:13
PSP didn't have many RPG's. So if this PS1 emu is all that its cracked up to be. Then the PSP will be RPG galore =D

canwemakelove
October 8th, 2006, 23:38
wkd news cant wait 4 the emu 2 cum out.:)

porchemasi
October 9th, 2006, 00:29
Plz test ff7 i need details

homemade
October 9th, 2006, 00:35
AC already tested ff7 and said it runs "very fast"

NinjaMajik
October 9th, 2006, 01:59
Man, I feel like I'm the only person who was obsessed with Legend of Legaia as much as FF7 for most. That's probably the only game I'd put on my psp to carry about!

cbsin
October 9th, 2006, 02:30
Great, waiting for you good news.

porchemasi
October 9th, 2006, 04:51
o sweet ff7 runs fast :) yay all i really want is ff7 and possibly other ffs but i cant fit on 1gb

I forgot theres no sound :( crappp work on sound after dynarec, that would be sweet

porchemasi
October 9th, 2006, 04:52
YEAHHHH Legend of Legaia was a great game, but way toooooo repetative

Snoppydude
October 9th, 2006, 05:28
I think wraggster knows that the community is getting VERY ansy about this emulator.

I know I am.

fly_x
October 9th, 2006, 06:08
"perfectly" and "full speed",are they different?
why "perfectly but not at full speed"?
ive no idea!

ACID
October 9th, 2006, 06:23
"perfectly" and "full speed",are they different?
why "perfectly but not at full speed"?
ive no idea!
That just means perfectly the game has no flaws it can be seen normal like on the regular PS1. The speed thats how fast it will run at yes they are two different things.

PSPFR3AK
October 9th, 2006, 09:55
i just cant WAIT!:D

phazey
October 9th, 2006, 15:24
Whilst i can see some eager "release it quick, make sure xxx game runs fast omfg!!" comments here, lets take a moment to think a little. I was involved somewhat like wraggy in the development of *first* PSX emulator to hit the PC.

I wish for two things.

1) "Anonymous coder" releases when "he" is ready and no sooner - who wants a POS emulator after uploading a gig or two of PSX iso's right?

2) please consider a plugable architecture. - whilst one concentrates on the core, i'm sure there is some bright spark here who can do magic with the GPU and implement eagle or interpolation etc, even sound...

Don't do a "Yoshohiro" (with no disrespect) on us and release something that shows the bios screen and bugger all else. Take your time.

;)

Ci5tm Konfliqt
October 9th, 2006, 15:54
this is going to rock. hope it has sound.

rehbock
October 9th, 2006, 16:18
i bet no sound without a perfect Dynarec which works more then awesome.
Because Psx-Emulator would eat much ram with Ketchup and Mayo.. Yummi Ram

Andraik
October 10th, 2006, 02:03
How long is soon....I check the site everyday and look just for this emu specifically, I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

....I need....:D

pkmaximum
October 10th, 2006, 03:25
We have no use for a emulator with no Dyranec engine any way. Just let the AC finish his work, or make it desirable for users to use, then we will have need for the emulator to be released.

The "gimme gimme" statements are only going to make the coder agitated, to the point were they might not want to release their work. Or release it incomplete.

ozmodiar
October 10th, 2006, 06:17
I've been following the progress of the PSP emulators and I must admit I can't wait but I must buy a PSP first before I start complaining about speed, sound and many other issues that users talk about...

Perfetc, or at least acceptable emulation, will take a few years -as it is happening with the PS2 emu- and I know my current PC -Athlon XP 64 2800, 1GB RAM, 128 Video- is not enough for such emulators... I invested on my gear and I wanna take advantage of it till it gets old -I guess within 3 years-

I rather buy a PSP and a PS2/3 before an acceptable emulator is released.

pkmaximum
October 10th, 2006, 06:21
I've been following the progress of the PSP emulators and I must admit I can't wait but I must buy a PSP first before I start complaining about speed, sound and many other issues that users talk about...

Perfetc, or at least acceptable emulation, will take a few years -as it is happening with the PS2 emu- and I know my current PC -Athlon XP 64 2800, 1GB RAM, 128 Video- is not enough for such emulators... I invested on my gear and I wanna take advantage of it till it gets old -I guess within 3 years-

And you told us this for.....?

*SPAM*

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 10th, 2006, 15:42

And your point?? this emu is for the P$P NOT the PC.The pc psx emu runs stuff perfectly.

ozmodiar
October 10th, 2006, 17:18
I didn't mean to spam :P but I hate it when people ask for any emulator and they don't see the work behind it ;)

kersplatty
October 10th, 2006, 17:47
looking forward to this anyways, as i would prefer for there to be a one off amazing relesase than a release where people expect it to do more than it can do and waiting is made much harder

pkmaximum
October 10th, 2006, 23:06
I didn't mean to spam :P but I hate it when people ask for any emulator and they don't see the work behind it ;)

Lol, its kool. Maybe I shouldn't of called you out so harshly on it =P.

But when you are in these forums long enough, you see plenty of spam, and it truly gets sickening.

SolidSnake1015
October 10th, 2006, 23:56
My first post ^^

you said it!!

AtariFreek
October 11th, 2006, 00:14
If i have to wait any longer, im going to go INSANE! MUHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

cracka350z
October 11th, 2006, 00:21
i pooped myself sitting in front of this forum waiting...didnt want to leave just in case it did get released...but it didnt....so i released....

pkmaximum
October 11th, 2006, 22:19
you said it!!

And the spammers just keep on coming!

hazman4
October 20th, 2006, 23:08
m8 when do ya think that it is gna b realeased cuz its been a while init??

hazman8
April 25th, 2007, 19:22
ping-pong !!!

carlitx
April 25th, 2007, 21:15
good job, but why not use popstation?

pkmaximum
April 26th, 2007, 01:09
Ermmm why do I keep seeing this topic revived, just let it die alright, we have a full speed PS1 emu made by SONY, I doubt its going to get better than that lol =P

JKKDARK
April 26th, 2007, 01:20
Ermmm why do I keep seeing this topic revived, just let it die alright, we have a full speed PS1 emu made by SONY, I doubt its going to get better than that lol =P

But at least PSP1 is the best homebrew PSX emulator for PSP.

Zion
April 26th, 2007, 01:46
can someone please lock this so people stop digging it up all the time?

true its the best homebrew psx emu on the psp, but its obsolete now that we have pops.

SpacemanSpiff
April 26th, 2007, 04:55
Sometimes I wish there was a homebrew alternative to POPS, so that we could have features missing from POPS such as save states, and also so I wouldn't have to keep converting my games to psp format. But the odds of anybody working on one with POPS around are virtually nil.