PDA

View Full Version : PSX4ALL DC Coming Soon ?

wraggster
October 8th, 2006, 19:44
The Dreamcast scene could do with a pickmeup and it may be coming soon, ZodTTD and the PSX4All Team is working as we speak on bringing the Playstation emulator to the Dreamcast with a SH4 Dynarec, what does this mean well it should mean a decent speed PSX Emu for Dreamcast ;)

Cant really say anymore than that but keep your eyes focused on the PSX4ALL site (http://www.psx4all.net/)and this Discussion Thread on the Official PSX4All forums here at DCEmu (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38273).

RetroGoth
October 8th, 2006, 20:34
Awesome News I Cant Wait!~

Elven6
October 8th, 2006, 20:43
Finally, a new reason to play my Dreamcast!

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 20:52
I wish :)

ron
October 8th, 2006, 22:22
Will come, but not now. Chui is awaitng for serious advances in the gp2x release.

Time to time, but dont expect nothing until next jan o feb.

quzar
October 8th, 2006, 23:33
Will come, but not now. Chui is awaitng for serious advances in the gp2x release.

Time to time, but dont expect nothing until next jan o feb.

no, if you follow the link you will see that the originator of psx4all is releasing the port, since Chui has all but dissapeared.

zodttd
October 9th, 2006, 02:37
Good news. I have psx4all running on the DC.

It currently runs ISO's from CD's burned with BootDream.

I only tested a few games so far, and they run. I barely saw past most games loading screens before getting a private release out to dcemu staff. So I will give a better update on compatibility and performance shortly.

Current issues in the private release:
- No saving of save states or even memory cards.
- No sound.
- The dynarec is a bit buggy but I can fix it as I have more expierence after making an ARM Dynarec afterwards.

More news shortly...in the PSX4ALL forums.

Elven6
October 9th, 2006, 03:00
What are the frame rates at? Is it playable or is it like bleem! right now?

ron
October 9th, 2006, 06:31
I have been speaking to Chui five o six days ago, and Chui told me that at the moment there's nothing up.

Anyway if zottd says this is said.

pibs
October 9th, 2006, 06:49
I always told people that dc could play ps games but nobody believed me! but while they still argued I played them carelessly with psx4all

quzar
October 9th, 2006, 06:59
... wtf are you talking about? this hasn't been released yet. Even so, there have already been two playstation emulators for the DC, one that was absolutely fullspeed and enhanced the graphics, and the other that... well, it worked at least.

pibs
October 9th, 2006, 07:17
i thought thats wut my friends emulator wus called for his dc >< i would get my tomb raider games and we would play them on his dc and nobody would believe us.

RockinB
October 9th, 2006, 08:47
Wow, such a release would be awesome. I'm also waiting for a new release of yabause-dc.
Recently there weren't so many homebrew releases for DC, so it's very welcome.

BlueCrab
October 9th, 2006, 20:41
Heh... Yabause-DC.... I should probably try to get that working again sometime soon.

wraggster
October 9th, 2006, 21:10
yeah u should :P

V3N0M
October 9th, 2006, 22:12
This is great! I mean i just got my brand new DC about a month ago to get into the Dreamcast scene and from what i heard it was a great scene but its done. And then this pops up. Very good news. I enjoy the DC scene very much its nice being able to run homebrew on the big screen. I'm so used to my PSP that sitting down in front of the TV with a controller is a nice change. Well anyways i'll be following up on this. Great News!

Elven6
October 10th, 2006, 00:26
Wow you finished a port in a few hours, I can't even get my modding environment set up in a few hours!

quzar
October 10th, 2006, 02:09
Wow you finished a port in a few hours, I can't even get my modding environment set up in a few hours!

The port was already made. He set up the environment and built the sources in a few hours. (not to belittle you at all zod)

Shuin0
October 10th, 2006, 14:56
just when i pull my dreamcast out to play some good ol fashion RGP's this comes up looks like I'll be keeping it out a lot longer now.

Mourningstar
October 11th, 2006, 03:02
Wait...

What the hells going on?

Is PSX4ALL already released for DC?

And what are these other DC PSX emus?

JKKDARK
October 11th, 2006, 03:23
Wait...

1_ What the hells going on?

2_ Is PSX4ALL already released for DC?

3_ And what are these other DC PSX emus?

1_ nothing about the hell

2_ No.

3_ pcsxdc and bleemcast

Mourningstar
October 11th, 2006, 03:54
pcsxdc and bleemcast

PCSXDC probably sucks right?

And BleemCast as in the single game emu?

chui
October 11th, 2006, 09:45
no, if you follow the link you will see that the originator of psx4all is releasing the port, since Chui has all but dissapeared.
Why do you think that i have disappeared?

I continue working on my projects, but i have not enough time for posting on forums.

Anyway, all my projects is open source projects, anybody can to continue it or to make a new branch.

Now i am focused to finish FAZE and FAME/C cpu cores. I want to release for christmas:
- MAME4ALL with FAZE and newest FAME/SH4.
- DCaSTaway with FAME/SH4.
- UAE4ALL with newest FAME/SH4 and a bit assembler to blitter.
- ZX4ALL with FAZE and full features.
- NEO4ALL with FAZE and FAME/SH4.
- AES4ALL with fast preload and a stand-alone version without menu.
- UAE4ALL/GP2X with FAME/C.

For next year i want restart SNES4ALL port with FOX, it need a lot of rewrite assembler code.

About PSX4ALL, i was waiting to PSX4ALL code is a bit mature.

I have continuous telephone conversations with Unai and we talk about PSX4ALL. He is a close friend, he give me a dreamcast, the third :D.

There are two hard task for running PSX4ALL/Dreamcast to decent speed:

- CPU: It is necessary to do a lot of test and debug work on dynarec/sh4. I was working on it but PS4ALL main code was moving/rewriting continuously.

- GPU: The first task to do is to build a OpenGL PSX4ALL GPU driver for Linux and Windows. The second will be to modify this OpenGL driver for working like a 3D primitives list (2 stages: get privimites and flush it). And the last task will be convert OpenGL driver to KallistiOS PowerVR driver.

quzar
October 11th, 2006, 10:49
Why do you think that i have disappeared?

zodttd didn't know what had happened to you regarding psx4all, you hadn't posted here in quite some time, and last time I spoke to fox, he told me about the newest fame, but didn't mention you being involved.

First, Chui! What happened to Chui!? :(

ron
October 11th, 2006, 17:32

Quzar, I told you, and didnt want to believe me. You always go off braking, in truth that you like to take the opposite.

Anyway you're answered.

quzar
October 11th, 2006, 21:52
Quzar, I told you, and didnt want to believe me. You always go off braking, in truth that you like to take the opposite.

Anyway you're answered.

que quieres decir con 'braking' ?

Pavlik
October 12th, 2006, 13:13
Hey chui. Its the really long way to see first relase of ps4all ??

I like to get this emu first before the rest and i think not only me think like that.

ron
October 12th, 2006, 19:04
is when you go too fast and you are forced to restrain, simply that. You have gone with the braking.

do not take it like anything personal, simply is an initial reference to posts

I am not used to saying things that I do not know, now already you know that chui this there.

Greetings and peace

Eric
October 14th, 2006, 01:38
As a DC Oldie i understand what pavlik is sayin damn i wouldnt mind checking out half of the stuff that is being worked on. But whats done is done and i will agree by words from above me.

Eric

Pavlik
October 16th, 2006, 21:28
Thanks to autors of emu and chris i get beta binaries so i can say something about emu. Sience emulator uses isos i can test only a few smallest (from my 360) games ripped from cd (or larger without cdda). I can test all of them but i need next relase of emu compatible with standard psx cd's.

I tested only (on defaults) Turn About because i dont have blanks. It works about 5 maybe 7 fps without gfx glitches.

quzar
October 16th, 2006, 21:36
Thanks to autors of emu and chris i get beta binaries so i can say something about emu. Sience emulator uses isos i can test only a few smallest (from my 360) games ripped from cd (or larger without cdda). I can test all of them but i need next relase of emu compatible with standard psx cd's.

How did you get a copy of the alpha? The only place it has been put is the staff forum here.

Pavlik
October 17th, 2006, 01:18
How did you get a copy of the alpha? The only place it has been put is the staff forum here.
as you said, the only place it has been put... joke :D I get this by permission of zodttd to test games only, not to publish emulator. i promised it.
I halped in past on some projects so i think am trusted guy :)

I ripped from cd's some my games that uses cdda but without it and this way i was able to put few isos on one cd.

all games tested without sound, on defaults using build 2 version except Wipeout 3 Special Edition that hangs on 1st movie using build 2

Ballistic - works, 4-5 fps little glitches on letters, numbers
Bishi Bashi 3 J - 4-5 fps without glitches
BreakOut - 1 fps, very slow - missing audio tracks hangs the game for 1 sec of 2
Gekido - 4-5 in menus, 1-3 ingame without glitches
Looser's boot loader - not working, black screen
Pandemonium - 3-4 fps, game freaks, 3fps forward 2 backwards and over and over
RTL Skispringen 2002 - 2 in menus, 1-2 ingame; jump board (i dont know the right name :D ) is always down even if camera moves
Turnabout - 4-5 in menu, 4 in game without glitches
Vib Ribbon PAL - When i push start game it freaks identically like in epsxe
Wipeout 3 Special Edition - (using 1st build) guess what? i win race :) 4 in menu 3-4 fps in game
Wonder 3 / Roosters - black screen before real game, works in 3in1 menu and roosters menu

Overview: emu look very promissing. All of games have no or have very small gfx glitches. Emu is very stable and most important - it has working save option to ram, not to vmu! all games runs faster at loading times - emu is the fastest here.

As i said. When next release will be compatible with cd's and will be a little faster I can test all my games in 2 days.