PDA

View Full Version : gpSP 0.8 HEN C version

Kramer
October 9th, 2006, 09:29
This is Exophases great GBA emu with a few tweaks by Dark_Alex it now runs on 2.71 through his Homebrew Enabler.

I leave here the version for 2.71 HEN C, and for the 2.71 kernel in 2.71 SE-A.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

vladiftodi
October 9th, 2006, 15:58
cool, thanks very good for people affraid to downgrade and for TA=082 users

vladiftodi
October 9th, 2006, 15:58
yey i got for the first time the first post indeed
WEEEEEEEEEE

S34MU5
October 9th, 2006, 16:08
WOW first post. Chuffed! dont double post. try using the edit button.....
anyway cool! that will be good for all those scaredy cats (lame) and the ta-082 users!

bullhead
October 9th, 2006, 16:19
Im using the 2.71 se-a firmware and I just used the one that came in the initial release and it worked fine.....what is the need for this one?

burrito
October 9th, 2006, 16:24
Does this run at the same speed as gpSP 0.8 for firmware 1.5?

vladiftodi
October 9th, 2006, 16:34
Im using the 2.71 se-a firmware and I just used the one that came in the initial release and it worked fine.....what is the need for this one?

its needed for TA-082 users that cant install SE
or for downgrade scared people

yes its the same as 1.5
only for other firmware

jjesman
October 9th, 2006, 16:43
I can't seem to access options in game when I want to quit game and load a new one. Screen freezes and then shuts down. Only way is to exit via HOME button and reload gpSP.

Does anyone else experience this? Is there a way to correct this?

Great emulator though!!

Jmax
October 9th, 2006, 17:13
Anyone gonna explain what this does..?

vladiftodi
October 9th, 2006, 17:20
this emulates GBA
in english: u can play gameboy advance games on ur psp

mnuhaily22
October 9th, 2006, 18:11
yey i got for the first time the first post indeed
WEEEEEEEEEE
Get over it, this aint QJ. if you want to comment, actually say something other than yey i got the first post, everybody come and congradulate me, bla bla bla, you want a hug "buddy".:mad:

Muhu
October 9th, 2006, 18:31
Awesome news once again for 2.71 users!

felonyr301
October 9th, 2006, 19:29
Muhu what anime is that in your pic? Kinda bored need to watch some new anime with my free time before i get settled down by midterms in college later.

Fightmeyer
October 9th, 2006, 19:54
Im to stupid to use it. After searching hours the Internet i finally found the damn Bios-File. Now i start the Emulator (using this hen c stuff) I get the PSP Intro Screen and then an error "Game could not start (80020148)"

I tried it with several Roms, but always the same. (Just put the roms in the Emulator-Folder)

I tried to edit the config-File. But couldn't find the texts needed inside the roms.

Whats the GUI of the Emulator? Is there some kind of rom-browser?

Hope next Version will be much easier to use...

M!ckeY
October 9th, 2006, 19:57
this gba emulator is very easy to use. It would also help if you said what firmware you have :)

Fightmeyer
October 9th, 2006, 20:54
I try to run it on 2.71

I use DarkAlex HenC Tiff Exploit that allows me to start some Homebrew via XMB.

tragedie
October 9th, 2006, 20:54
I can't seem to access options in game when I want to quit game and load a new one. Screen freezes and then shuts down. Only way is to exit via HOME button and reload gpSP.

Does anyone else experience this? Is there a way to correct this?

Great emulator though!!

I have the same problem, when I try to push triangle for the frameskip or menu, the PSP will freeze and a hard-reset is required.

My current specs:
-Firmware 2.71 for HEN C
-gbSP 0.8 HEN C
-TA-082 Mobo (2.5 Original Factory Setting)

Just wanted to make everybody aware that this bug exists.

Fightmeyer
October 9th, 2006, 21:03
At least You can start the Emulator...

Cloudhunter
October 9th, 2006, 23:22
Im to stupid to use it. After searching hours the Internet i finally found the damn Bios-File. Now i start the Emulator (using this hen c stuff) I get the PSP Intro Screen and then an error "Game could not start (80020148)"

I tried it with several Roms, but always the same. (Just put the roms in the Emulator-Folder)

I tried to edit the config-File. But couldn't find the texts needed inside the roms.

Seems to me you might need to get a bios file for it. If you have one, remember it needs to be renamed. If it doesn't say so in the readme, look at the readme for the original version.

It is very easy to use, including a rom browser as you've said.

burrito
October 10th, 2006, 00:41
Where do I place the folder named gpSP 0.8 HEN C version (the folder with gpSP in it)?

tragedie
October 10th, 2006, 04:01
Where do I place the folder named gpSP 0.8 HEN C version (the folder with gpSP in it)?

ms0:\\PSP\GAME\gbSP\EBOOT.PBP

Ta da!
Remember, you will need a BIOS for it. I hear Google is good at finding things if you're lucky.

-New Tangent

I actually did my own dump, if you don't own a flasher cable and you can prove that you own a GBA/SP/MICRO, I guess I could prepare one for you if its ok with the admins.

That means:
I require a photo of you holding your GBA as well as a sign that says:

DCEMU FORUMS
BIOS DUMP PLEASE!
[Your username here]
[Date and Time of Inquiry]

(Also, as a personal preference, please wear clothes. Lots of it if possible.)

Then again, I hear Google is a really neat place with links to all sorts of neat stuff. Remember kids, ROMS and BIOS without original Carts or Consoles are a no-no, the ESA will come get you in your sleep.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 10th, 2006, 21:13

Ta da!
Remember, you will need a BIOS for it. I hear Google is good at finding things if you're lucky.

-New Tangent

I actually did my own dump, if you don't own a flasher cable and you can prove that you own a GBA/SP/MICRO, I guess I could prepare one for you if its ok with the admins.

That means:

DCEMU FORUMS
BIOS DUMP PLEASE!
[Your username here]

Then again, I hear Google is a really neat place with links to all sorts of neat stuff. Remember kids, ROMS and BIOS without original Carts or Consoles are a no-no, the ESA will come get you in your sleep.
lol,the ESA will come get you in your sleep:D

burrito
October 10th, 2006, 21:25
Ok I got it to work but pressing the triangle button always freezes it.
How can you fix this?

penguinpark
October 14th, 2006, 21:03

I've got the same problem on firmware 2.71. I've got one folder named gpsp HEN C version in GAME with the file config file, the eboot file, the GBA bios file and my GBA rom but I get the same error as Fightmeyer. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please Help!

jdm69
October 15th, 2006, 00:27

Ta da!

-New Tangent

That means:

DCEMU FORUMS
BIOS DUMP PLEASE!
[Your username here]

Just downloading a rom or bios is illegal in itself, whether you own the game/system or not. You only own the rights to your bios/image, not every image. Therefore, it is only legal if you dump them yourself ;)

Same thing happens with the freezing thing when hitting triangle...this is why I just use the 1.5 version on devhook for now.

penguinpark
October 15th, 2006, 01:18
I've got this emulator but I can't save games using save state or game save. The frameskip, save state, load state and menu commands always end up freezing my psp. Does anyone else experience this?

Kramer
October 15th, 2006, 02:23
yes it's a known bug.
Better than nothing though so just live with it.