View Full Version : Japanese PS3 interest rising

wraggster
October 9th, 2006, 21:18
Regardless of your thoughts on the PS3's US$500-600 launch price, the move is unprecedented for a Sony game console. Therefore, it's a no-brainer that so many peeps have lost early adoption aspirations for the Blu-ray computer/game system, Japanese gamers included.

But after Sony dropped the PS3 price to about $425 (tax included) in Japan, the interest-tide has changed in terms of pre-launch anticipation. Japan-based ITmedia reports via a survey that asks what console the Japanese public intend to purchase by year's end. The results are as follows:

40%: Wii
39%: PS3
16%: Xbox 360
3%: Other

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 03:56
what could be the other? unless it's counting handhelds, but then ds would be near the top....

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 04:23
The wii is the machine to have this holiday season!
I like the PS3 too though.
Deep hatred for Microsoft

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 04:25
Wah?! Wii and PS3 on par? Tell me it ain't so. :P

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 05:06
Lol, wii will own, but i like some of the games for ps3 and xbox 360, but i have other priorites first, like a better graphics card, a good tv for my room, a sofa bed, an atomic physics reactor, the most powerfull moose ever built!...........

(up untill the reactor i was serious:) )

JKKDARK
October 11th, 2006, 16:12
I will get a Wii as my first next gen console. The PS3 will wait some years for me..

Darksaviour69
October 11th, 2006, 16:20
other would be xbox, ps2, gamecube etc. what people say they will buy and what they buy are 2 different things...

i'm suprised that the xbox got 16% thats alot more of the market than they are getting now in japan, MS would be over the moon with 16% in japan... if they got it

briyan
October 11th, 2006, 19:35
here's what i think people will be doing in the near future:
1. people will buy ps3's. regardless if its to scramble for one at launch or to wait a few months later when production meets demand.
2. people will trade-in their 360's. i was contemplating getting one for a while but considering all the cost that goes into it. (i.e. nyko cooling station - to prevent overheating, external HD-DVD drive)
3. the ps3, just like the ps2 before it will be so widespread that almost everyone has to have it all because of the exclusive games that will come out for it: metal gear solid, tekken, final fantasy, devil may cry, jak, ratchet and clank, gran turismo, just to name a few..(i'm sure there's more in the works). as we all know by now the games push the console to the masses. the ps2 had the games, the ps3 will have the games.

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 19:37
hmm, i wonder how long they're going to keep making ps2 games after the ps3 comes out...

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 19:39
what? no wii Briayn? at lest mention it, most people believe that the wii will do the best out of the three, at least at first