PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP Phone Concept Image

wraggster
October 9th, 2006, 21:55
Slashphone (http://www.slashphone.com/articles/show_more/84-1015-Sony-Ericsson-Concept-Phone-Design-Competition.html?&page=7) have a competition where they have posted concept phone designs, one is of a Sony PSP Phone and i have to say it looks rather smart :)

Check out the Screenshots Via Comments

Tetris999
October 9th, 2006, 21:59
its funked out

valar
October 9th, 2006, 22:01
that looks impressive.double screen.that's awesome.i'd like to get my hands on that.
i don't mind if it has to be a bit bulky,start selling them now!

nyrtrublue
October 9th, 2006, 22:55
i would get one unless it required an update

toto
October 9th, 2006, 23:02
is the smallest screen touchable? is it a dsp ?
lol

shrimpidy
October 9th, 2006, 23:06
thats a pretty big cellphone, but its a great idea. Its not like the phone can get any bigger than that but if it does happen then it shouldn't be making the PSP much bulkier (thicker) either. The dual screen cool but I'm not sure what some people have to say but I think it would be cool if it could like slide down and be a keyboard and flip into a second screen. If it ever comes out, I'll be a proud owner.

drew4237
October 9th, 2006, 23:21
yeah i hope it works with cingular cause i have a family plan and i dont pay for anything then i can just use this as my phone yeah it will be bulky but idc i take my psp everywehre anyways

Gene
October 9th, 2006, 23:22
hows the battery life, and how big will the battery be, for 2 screens+cellphone.

lastly i hope it can be sold as an attachment instead of some totaly new peice of hardware. that way we can hack the siht out of it.

Man
October 9th, 2006, 23:26
Am i the only one hear who read that there concept designs? key words " concept designs" , i dont know how good the battery is on a peice of paper, but it might work with cingular/.

burrito
October 9th, 2006, 23:28
LOL Sony copied Nintendo DS
AND
N-Gage

emuking
October 9th, 2006, 23:52
terrible design it looks like a fatter lg phone

kcajblue
October 10th, 2006, 00:12
that is one of the weirdest phones ive seen.

Video_freak
October 10th, 2006, 00:15
I think it looks really cool, especially for a concept design. I'd buy it. :)

dukepoth
October 10th, 2006, 00:33
i dont think this will ever work

gotmilk0112
October 10th, 2006, 02:49
thats all dumbass $ony can do......copy other companies because they dont have any good ideas OF THIER OWN. GTFO SONY STOP COPYING NINTENDO FOR THE 10th TIME!!

Bleek
October 10th, 2006, 03:08
Interesting concept, but I don't think it will surface...

PSP + DS + Cellhpone = One hell of a bill if you use multiplayer over the internet through phone service :(

Vangar
October 10th, 2006, 05:07
This isn't an official concept to those bagging Sony, you fools.

Man, i wish it was real. And have a camera in it.

SiskoData
October 10th, 2006, 07:43
Looks very much like my I-mate Jasjar.

mr_nick666
October 10th, 2006, 08:45
Hmm.. I carry my PSP (inside pocket if you ever try and mug me :rolleyes: ) with me most places I go so this would be pretty cool :) The chances of it being put into production are about as slim as G. W. Bush being voted humanitarian of the year :o

powerman500000
October 10th, 2006, 11:57
Why is the psp upside down with cover right side up?

vladiftodi
October 10th, 2006, 13:02
not wuite god, i use psp for games and only, and i have cellphone, still not good idea

razorak
October 10th, 2006, 13:14
it looks thick...lol

hey $ony...where's the dam keyboard??!! Put that in along with homebrew and i'll buy it :p

E.J.
October 10th, 2006, 15:28
thats all dumbass $ony can do......copy other companies because they dont have any good ideas OF THIER OWN. GTFO SONY STOP COPYING NINTENDO FOR THE 10th TIME!!

How many people does actually READ the first post???

Anyway... i don't think that thing would work out, the battery (i think) would be the main issue...

ExcruciationX
October 10th, 2006, 16:15
I like those!

nightwinn
October 10th, 2006, 19:16
Neat idea. The idea of a dedicated gaming platform also functioning as a cell phone did not do so well for the N-Gage, however. If Sony were to copy Nokia's idea and improve apon it, it might sell just because of the name. The name "Playstation" sells.

Also, copying can sometimes be considered to be a form of flattery. You need to remember, though, that while some Japanese companies may not be the best at innovation, they do know how to improve an already produced idea. Just look at the GBA and the PSP. One could make the claim that the PSP is a mere copy of the GBA. I believe it is the same idea but has been improved by Sony.

AtariFreek
October 10th, 2006, 19:20
I don't think this'll sell that well lol. I like to keep my communications, and my gaming, separite.

BL4Z3D247
October 10th, 2006, 19:59
Am i the only one hear who read that there concept designs? key words " concept designs" , i dont know how good the battery is on a peice of paper, but it might work with cingular/.
i saw :D...but it's a pretty impressive idea, like the idea for the touch screen(i mean what else would that be), i hope it comes with a downgradeable mobo and fw lol...not gunna get it though, it's probably gunna cost as much as the PS3 :p