PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Bar Gave Nintendo Probs During Development

wraggster
October 10th, 2006, 16:42
We've heard whisperings of Wii-mote sensor interference back at TGS, and recent chatter of OMG-Wii-mote-hates-sunlight has hit the intertubes. Game site Go Nintendo directs our attention to an Nintendo-interviews-Nintendo in which company CEO Satoru Iwata quizzes Product Development dude Akio Ikeda about apparent problems:

Iwata: This so-called 'beam' connecting the user and the television was something that had never been attempted before. Didn't you run into any difficulties during development?
Ikeda: In the early stages of development we ran into a number of problems that we hadn't anticipated, like the fact that the controller would react to fluorescent light, for example. Creating a mechanism that prevents the controller from responding to fluorescent light and sunlight may sound like low-profile activities, but it still gave us a lot to work on.

No worries! Iwata and the boys are on it! Bring on the sunlight.

fg-54
October 10th, 2006, 16:49
yay sun light!
ps:i got the 1st post.

chemical
October 10th, 2006, 17:44
yay sun light!
ps:i got the 1st post.

ps:no one cares

Kramer
October 10th, 2006, 17:49
This wouldnt matter to me because I play my games in darkness no matter what.

BTW: fg-54 stop with the first post BS what are you 8 years old.

gotmilk0112
October 10th, 2006, 21:16
lol??

P.S. sony fck you calling the wii "high-priced" when your system is even higher priced.

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 21:43
I really hope they get the bugs out cause the wii is my first choice in the next gen arena

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 05:57
lol, i hate it when it's full of natural/bright light in my living room, that's one of the reasons i'm going to buy a cool tv for my room, now i just need to work about another 11 shifts at mount seymour for that...crap

raziel2001au
October 11th, 2006, 07:33
I think you're missing the point... If you read the sentence again you'll notice it is all in past-tense: "In the early stages of development we ran into a number of problems". Well, in the early stages of development pretty much gives it away.

There used to be problems they couldn't foresee, now it's been fixed, I assume probably by some sort of filter in front of the *cough*digital camera*cough* sensor on the wii remote. Though I think nintendo only cares about brightness, and that's where the problem comes in, I guess fluro lights caused the sensor to light up, making it hard to detect where shit is.

Take care,
Raz.
p.s. I hate flame wars, don't agree with what I said? ... don't reply. Not the best intro for me, but well, what can I do, I just believe many pointless arguments on forums could have been avoided with some care.