PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Universe Open Beta Starts In Two Days

wraggster
October 10th, 2006, 16:43
360 owners who want to take Phantasy Star Universe for a free demo spin will be in luck starting later this week week, when Sega will launch a free, open beta. Starting October 11th, players can download PSU directly through their Xbox Live Gold account and play the open beta until the 18th.

It's going to be a huge download though: the open beta will literally involve downloading the whole game. Possibly to cut down on the bandwidth, Sega is only allowing people to download the beta on the 11th and 12th.

Darksaviour69
October 10th, 2006, 16:54
oh i might just get that...

Hawq
October 10th, 2006, 18:27
Curse the 360, if there were an open beta for the PC I'd be on it like la cops nightsticks on rodney king

JKKDARK
October 10th, 2006, 19:58
Nice, psu rocks :)

zidanerick
October 11th, 2006, 10:58
Damn gotta wait till the 12th here :'(

Darksaviour69
October 11th, 2006, 11:01
yeah i went onto xbox live this morning to get it but i twas not there (8.00am gmt)

MasterChafed
October 11th, 2006, 13:39
YES! Here is where my Gold account pays off, just gotta delete some demos i guess.

Darksaviour69
October 12th, 2006, 10:56
UPDATE: After a delay to the beta release, the launch day has been pushed back to the weekend of October 14th, with the beta period still concluding on October 18th. Once available, players can download the beta client for free by visiting the Xbox Live Marketplace, where it will be available for a full two days after the initial launch. An Xbox Live Gold account will be required to play in the beta test and players will be able to get into the game immediately after downloading the client. Keep checking back, as we intend to update this article with additional news and information as we find out more about this exciting event