PDA

View Full Version : Ridge Racer 2 (English Version Released)

wraggster
October 10th, 2006, 18:07
The new Ridge Racer release for PSP is now available in English, heres some details about the game:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.72048.013.jpg

Ridge Racer is back with an adrenaline fuelled racing experience featuring many new courses and vehicles. Put your foot down, kick in the nitrous and roar through 42 intense, challenging courses. Master the drift handling and take corners at exhilarating speeds to leave opponents trailing in your wake.

Ridge Racer 2 for PSP™ is available today as English language Asia release version at US$ 39.90 only.

Game features:

New Arcade, Duel and Survival modes in addition to the original Time Attack mode and rearranged World Tours mode
62 high-speed vehicles available with eight brand new cars
Compete against up to eight players via Ad Hoc Mode

More info --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-3-74-17u-49-en-84-n.html

weirdelf
October 10th, 2006, 18:11
yay

Ci5tm Konfliqt
October 10th, 2006, 18:24
does anyone own it yet ? is it as good as the original ?

Ari
October 10th, 2006, 20:20
what firmware does it require? if it's 2.8 or above, we're screwed until that gets devhook'd...

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 10th, 2006, 20:34
i have the jap one, i think it's just feels the same as the 1st one.........

magixien
October 10th, 2006, 22:36
this game is an clone of the first one.

Same races, same cars... same look.
Juste the new mode are new.... not enough to pay full price for that.

Don't buy this version 1.5 of Ridge Racer.

valar
October 10th, 2006, 22:55
this game should be online enabled.it's a bit of rip off to pay a full price for this sequel.anyway,still good old drifting.

Veskgar
October 11th, 2006, 00:06
Don't let the 2 fool you. This game is NOT a true sequal and more of an "upgrade".

With that said, don't get me wrong, the game is GOOD. I have the Japanese version. I've never really paid much attention to Ridge Racer games, preferring more realistic games like Gran Turismo & Need For Speed Underground.

This game may not be the most realistic driving experience, but it is FUN. I find enjoyment out of it because I have never played the first one. If this is your first time playing a Ridge Racer game, you will be impressed with Ridge Racers 2 on the PSP. The drifting is so much fun.

My biggest gripe with this game is the highly annoying "hip hop" announcer and the very generic feel during collisions and bumping into walls, etc.

So if you've never tried Ridge Racer or haven't played the first go around on the PSP, give this a try.

Viper Snake
October 12th, 2006, 03:16
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer!!!!