PDA

View Full Version : North Korea threatens nuke missile

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 18:55
I've been watching the news today and it seems NK has issued a threat to launch a nuclear missile if the US doesn't conduct direct talks with the country.
What do you think?

MikeDX
October 10th, 2006, 19:02
I've been watching the news today and it seems NK has issued a threat to launch a nuclear missile if the US doesn't conduct direct talks with the country.
What do you think?

lol

i think dubya is a penis

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 19:05
dubya is definitly a penis,in his administration has almost singlehandedly brought about these confrontations with other countries.
Unfortunetly my country is a capitalist republic not a true democracy.

fg-54
October 10th, 2006, 19:50
hmmm....this could be a problem, i have a korean friend, what will hapend to him if the US goes to war against nk?

Xiro
October 10th, 2006, 20:16
i'm supremely confident that the US could blow north korea off of the world forever.

ExcruciationX
October 10th, 2006, 20:17
Unfortunetly my country is a capitalist republic not a true democracy.
Wait, what country do you live in, NoQuarter? :confused:

i'm supremely confident that the US could blow north korea off of the world forever.
The problem is they successfully created fussion. We can't because it would be illegal here. :(

splodger15
October 10th, 2006, 20:23
Thats why these type of countries eg nk ,iran should not even have nukes and even not be allowed to make them because they cannot be trusted

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 20:28
I live in America,but one looks at the facts money decides the law that's why this is a capitalist republic not a true democracy.Another thing to look at is that all lawmakers come from the upper class.This is an oligarchy.
The ancient Athenian Greek model of democracy is closer to a true one.

Anyone who thinks that money does not make for law is misinformed.

Darksaviour69
October 10th, 2006, 20:37
they have "the bomb" but its not small enough to put into a missile yet, they would have to drop it from a plane

Accordion
October 10th, 2006, 20:38
Thats why these type of countries eg nk ,iran should not even have nukes and even not be allowed to make them because they cannot be trusted

but america, france, russia, britain and whomever they wish to give/sell/trade/join forces to, can be trusted by all. because these people havent got an evil bone in their body of course...

blind faith perhaps....certainly

these combined, publically, nuclear equipped countries have a combined network capable of launching a strike anywhere on earth within 20 minutes...who are you worried about now???

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 20:42
Simply put how can a group of contries say"we have nukes but you can't"?
Darksaviour69:
This may be why they tested such a small scale nuke so that it was capable of being mounted.
You guy's remember the the big fuss over PS2's being able to guide missiles?

Accordion
October 10th, 2006, 20:43
exactly... its sick

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 20:48
Your right it is sick,as great as the research and work of Einstien was it has really screwed us all.Well it wasn't just Einstien though.The real problem is humanity's adolescent attitude.If aliens are watching us we must seem like kids with guns.

dagger89
October 10th, 2006, 21:55
Simply put how can a group of contries say"we have nukes but you can't"?
Darksaviour69:
This may be why they tested such a small scale nuke so that it was capable of being mounted.
You guy's remember the the big fuss over PS2's being able to guide missiles?

Were was I when this news broke????.... How can a ps2 be able to guide a missle... And think what can a PS3 do....

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 22:01
The hoopla over PS2's being able to guide missiles was a couple of years ago.I believe it has to do with the PS2's 3D processing ability but I'm sure many reasonably cheap computers or consoles can do this.All the thing has to do is use basic input ouput to make adjustments to guidance and then reference this to a 3D worldmap

bullhead
October 10th, 2006, 22:09
Nothing will happen. human beings are pussies these days. they would never start a nuclear war. It would go against the civilized view they have of themselves. They'd be to chicken to jepordise that...

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 22:14
I hope that's the case

DPyro
October 10th, 2006, 22:20
Nothings gonna happen. The US has the capability to blow up the entire world 10x, so if something ever did happen we'd all be dead.

fg-54
October 10th, 2006, 22:31
oh i see, no opinions on my korean friend? fine, be that way.lol.

ricflairandy
October 11th, 2006, 00:42
Calm down people, there has been no proof atall that korea have actually tested a nuke, aside from their own statements. Wouldnt suprise me if they dont even know what one is. Its all talk.

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 00:45
In the words of Gregory, the transfer student who had a 4-0 GPA at Yardale,
"Hold me Wendy, this is bad." :(

PS: You'll only get this if you saw South Park, Bigger, Longer & Uncut...

pibs
October 11th, 2006, 00:50
bah those koreans and their wacky threats, so they made a Abomb.....the U.S has Hbombs to cause more havoc than those abombs.

but the U.N shud really put those guys in check!

Kaiser
October 11th, 2006, 01:03
North Korea just tested another one according to CTV.

Its all talk.

Yes its all talk, they must have some earthquake machine thats setting off Japan and South Korea's Seismac readers. :rolleyes:

ricflairandy
October 11th, 2006, 01:41
Calm down people, there has been no proof atall that korea have actually tested a nuke, aside from their own statements. Wouldnt suprise me if they dont even know what one is. Its all talk.

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 03:58

You are sooooo right.... Low seismic activity and radioactive particles are 100% normal...

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 04:14
There is nothing anbody can do militarily due to the proximity to China,except of course China.Damn, I didn't know they tested another one.This is bad

Kaiser
October 11th, 2006, 05:10
You are sooooo right.... Low seismic activity and radioactive particles are 100% normal...

Yeah I also find it odd that so many people are in denial over this issue.

People need to remember these are only low-powered A-bombs, a far cry from Russian or American Hydrogen powered ICBMs. Which are thousands of times more powerful. The only way the N. Koreans could use these weapons currently is through a bomber (their missile tehchnology is still primative and ineffective). Any bombers would be easily taken down by one of the major powers. N. Korea is just trying to get peopled riled up. They want to be appeased, but it looks like this time the major powers won't submit to these threats and if all go's well we'll have a strict amount of sanctions from the UN. This alone could collapse this already fragile regime if done the right way.

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 05:20
Their economy has been on the brink of collapse for years.This brinkmanship started because we cut off aid to them right?
The worse consequence probably will be an escallation of nuclear proliferation in the area.They are clearly using Pakistan as their model,make nuke get what we want.
Hell a large portion of their income was based on money laundering and bootlegging products which has now been shut off.Maybe that's more of the reason they are trying to strongarm.
This is bad because as nuclear proliferation increases, so do the chances somebody will use one on another country.

Kaiser:
The key IS doing it the right way,if played incorrectly this can be used to play other countries against each other.

Masta-G
October 11th, 2006, 09:32
It's so funny to see people really have faith in their bush-administration. They're similar to Iran keeping the youth on optium so they won't interfere with politics. The awesome US who gave "freedom" to iraq and setting them "free" from saddam's regime right.. If you believe that your an idiot. Instead they made it worse. Violence increased alot since they came to make trouble. More lifes lost then ever. But they dont give a ****.. Even better they're probally supporting the riots and slaughters. Since this way the natives from iraq will never stand together. So the chance they will interfere with pumping the "free" oil back the US is really small.
It's all about money.
If iraq didn't have oil then they would have never started a war in the first place.
But saddam has chemical weapons?
The US sold 'm them that shit after ronald reagan's election.
They just used it as an excuse to go on war and steal oil.

And then those nerds come and say... kill every outsider! We're 10 times stronger than anyone... **** everyone with black hair and a beard!
They're all terrorists....
Racism...

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 11th, 2006, 14:37
N. Korea has an impressive army that takes me right back to the cold war in style and appearence. Huge military parades, missles on trucks, thousands of troops. They have a good chance of taking on most countries' armies. They could take our army on easily in a traditional war because
1. They have very large numbers.
2. High Morale.
3. Better military spending.

If our army had that type of determination like it used to in 1944 it could win in Iraq. If they werent second guessing their leader and making youtube documenteries about the struggle whichg happens to be what they aggreed to do they could tame the insurgency. Like it or not the N.K. army is everything our army should be if we wish to maintain a world force. And I'm tired of hearing about this fragile economy. How do you know? The country is so closed off people who dedicate their lives to espianage cant tell its movements. If the 1998 test had gone better we might not of even had an island nation to make our dreamcasts.. The USSR had a bad economy in 1988 but was still highly powerful. And you can't keep saying all the time "well we can just nuke 'em, we got enough to destroy the world 10× times" because if that were tthe case we wouldnt of had "Vietmalia" in 1993, the Serbs would finally leave Kosovo, and the Iraqi insurgency which is more savage then anything the Imperial Japanese could offer would be crushed. The U.S. will not outright use the bomb. As for sanctions that want work since N.K. will equate that to a decleration of war and respond. The UN should handle it since it has a history of 56 years with this issue. Of all the wars the US will wage this is the most justifiable and opposition like the one we see to Iraq will make the protestor look quite naive and delusional.