PDA

View Full Version : TIFF Brick-Out Released!

wraggster
October 11th, 2006, 00:26
Via Psp3d (http://psp3d.com/homepage-news/11783-contest-tiff-brick-out-released.html)

SG57 has just released TIFF Brick-Out, an ASCII-based arkanoid homebrew clone, compatible with all firmwares 2.0 - 2.8 (yes, just when you thought TIFF based games were out of style, SG57 has revived the format in light of all the users stuck with 2.8 firmware), for the PSP3D Ultimate Goodies And Cash Giveaway contest! The game offers sweet, though occasionally choppy, gameplay, but definitely brings back tears of nostalgia from the good ol' DOS days. Awesome work SG57!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 00:40
Looks pretty basic, but fun non-the less. :)
TA-082 mobo users still have something to look forward to. ;)

shrimpidy
October 11th, 2006, 00:43
This is pretty sweet. I'm sure when I say this that I'm not the only one but could there be more work done in Tiff games? I'm getting very bored of pong and even snakman is losing its touch.

buildit92
October 11th, 2006, 01:09
im tierd of these tiff games. its not a big deal. i want to see something new come out the is a big deal. a downgrader would be great. or even real hombrew for it would be nice. but i can't stand tiff games. no sound. lame graphics. some people might enjoy it , but stop working on tiff games for 2.80 and start working on real homebrew

psiko_scweek
October 11th, 2006, 01:29
its not a big deal?! Buildit92, why don you make some 'great' homebrew!? its not that easy. I think ANY homebrew is good homebrew.

Besides it gives 2.8ers something to do.

MasterChafed
October 11th, 2006, 01:51
wonderful. I love it.

buildit92
October 11th, 2006, 02:32
anyone can make tiff games all it is just stuff like
(){}[]"':?/>.>,<[-]{-]+=

JUST STUFF LIKE THAT. ANYONE WHO HAS THE RIGHT PROGRAMS CAN MAKE TIFF GAMES.

masterpsp2.6
October 11th, 2006, 02:53
im glad i got 1.5 custom firmware up to 2.71 :-)

buildit92
October 11th, 2006, 03:22
yea know what, ill do that . ill make a homebrew game.

YourStillWithMe
October 11th, 2006, 03:24
god to see someone still cares about the 2.80 exploit that needs to be worked on other than that dumb 2.71 SE crap waste of time wheres the 2.80 emulation???? if tiger woods tomorrow requires 2.80 im gonna be ****ing pissed who do i blame?? hmmmmm the crap is already decrypted and crode just edit devhook to run 2.81 firmware

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 03:25
Can't wait for it buildit. ;)

ExcruciationX
October 11th, 2006, 04:00
You mean you're actually going to write something Buildit?

dzeikei
October 11th, 2006, 16:18
I wouldnt want to run something called "PSP BRICK OUT" on my PSP.....

psiko_scweek
October 11th, 2006, 20:05
good luck with making your own homebrew, btw, dont code it in LUA either. Write it in C, like this homebrew was written in. again, good luck.

red_sox32
October 11th, 2006, 21:47
I wouldnt want to run something called "PSP BRICK OUT" on my PSP.....

it dosn't write to your flash and i ran it on my psp erlier, its safe

XpspX
October 11th, 2006, 22:10
im tierd of these tiff games. its not a big deal. i want to see something new come out the is a big deal. a downgrader would be great. or even real hombrew for it would be nice. but i can't stand tiff games. no sound. lame graphics. some people might enjoy it , but stop working on tiff games for 2.80 and start working on real homebrew

It would be nice if you could have a more postive attitude on things..but hey, cant change you. By the way Brick-out DOES have sound, as well as tetris. Point for me? nah..we'll call it a tie. :p

Actually try the game before you complain about it.

psiko_scweek
October 14th, 2006, 20:59
So buildit92, how is your game coming along?

XpspX
October 15th, 2006, 02:38
So buildit92, how is your game coming along?

pfffft...hes not making a game..hes making a psp bricker. He's almost done actually..so far hes opened a hex editer, pounded his keyboard and made several clicks.:p

ok...ok....so maybe its not true...but thats what im thinking =]

Cloudhunter
October 15th, 2006, 03:34
anyone can make tiff games all it is just stuff like
(){}[]"':?/>.>,<[-]{-]+=

JUST STUFF LIKE THAT. ANYONE WHO HAS THE RIGHT PROGRAMS CAN MAKE TIFF GAMES.
You really are a misguided individual.

Programs are alot more complicated than that.

Cloudy

psiko_scweek
October 15th, 2006, 06:55
i agree with you Cloud, hence why I suggested that he makes his own so he may not flame people.

buildit92
October 16th, 2006, 20:41
just to let you know i am trying to make one and i never said it is easy. all i said was tiff games are stuiped and just symbols. it is simple and fun for 2.80 users. as for me i also have 2.80 psp, which was biggest mistake ever. im stuck with real games and tiff games. but my brother has a 1.5 psp so thats good. but now if someone where to make a downgrader using the tiff it would be great. thats pretty much all im saying. if people would stop making tiff games and try to make a downgrader for it. ok and im not going to take the risk bricking my psp. ill leave this to the real hackers and coders. if we expand on an idea that we already have it would be great. but if we just keep making tiff games then we will be going nowhere.

Cap'n 1time
October 16th, 2006, 23:21
dont derail a thread, and dont troll a thread. Now that your trying to make a tiff game your defeating your own purpose. because obviously anyone that can program a tiff game could make a downgrader for their psp, why arnt you doing it? you should be happy someone is providing you with somthing out of the ordinary for your entertainment. and obviously you are very young or you would have more respect for ascii games, as at one point they were almost all that we had.

TO EVERYONE ELSE
We staff members sometimes dont look into every thread, if you think somthing is being said or done that is not right and we dont handle it right away please feel free to pm one of us. thanks.

Cloudhunter
October 16th, 2006, 23:33
just to let you know i am trying to make one and i never said it is easy. all i said was tiff games are stuiped and just symbols. it is simple and fun for 2.80 users. as for me i also have 2.80 psp, which was biggest mistake ever. im stuck with real games and tiff games. but my brother has a 1.5 psp so thats good. but now if someone where to make a downgrader using the tiff it would be great. thats pretty much all im saying. if people would stop making tiff games and try to make a downgrader for it. ok and im not going to take the risk bricking my psp. ill leave this to the real hackers and coders. if we expand on an idea that we already have it would be great. but if we just keep making tiff games then we will be going nowhere.
People can't make a downgrader for it without kernel access, otherwise there would already be one.

Anyhow, back on topic now people.

Great work SG57, I remember games like that for the Amiga, although more graphics, but I understand its unavoidable ;)

Cloudy

XpspX
October 17th, 2006, 01:36

Those "symbol games" were ASCII games and thereARE tiff games that have good graphics (tiff tetris 2.00) and SG57's upcoming emulator and TTE.

Dano000
October 19th, 2006, 09:17
Ok is i put the bricks folder on my psp, this is in the PHOTO folder. Then i turn my PSP off and back on. then when i go to the folder and press start it just freezes!:confused: Can Anyone help me?

Dano000
October 19th, 2006, 09:22
Its ok now, Sorry. I just didn't test long enough. Sorry again!