PDA

View Full Version : Ds or psp

buildit92
October 11th, 2006, 03:14
People have always have been fighting about which is better. the DS or PSP.

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 03:16
There we go. You got that post up after all. ;)
Woot! I got the first post/vote :P. Jk, I don't want to be a Qj n00b (get ready for the n00b bus, right Wally ;)).

So anyways, I voted PSP! :D

Junixx
October 11th, 2006, 03:50
Ok well we pretty much know where this is gonna go just because there is at least 2-3x more people on this site for PSP than DS, but for the general public's use (not homebrew) I would say DS

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 04:09
Lol, i love both my psp and Ds Lite, but im saying psp because of the not paying for games feature

x-zero
October 11th, 2006, 06:14
ME am going with the PSP all the way and am not saying this because im a member of this website. it is the hardcore truth DS cant run homebrew but PSP can so there you go.

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 15:56
ME am going with the PSP all the way and am not saying this because im a member of this website. it is the hardcore truth DS cant run homebrew but PSP can so there you go.

uh... perhaps you should take a closer look at this website then...

JKKDARK
October 11th, 2006, 16:18
DS, obviously. DS hasn't the best graphics, but it has the best games and also we can use gba games :)

MikeDX
October 11th, 2006, 16:22
I cant vote since I have both

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 17:25
If i have to vote i will say PSP for the homebrew and that reason only. For comercial games NDS is still kicking sonys but all around town.
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/acidburn0502/mouse.gif

the_eternal_dark
October 14th, 2006, 03:04
If i have to vote i will say PSP for the homebrew and that reason only. For comercial games NDS is still kicking sonys but all around town.
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/acidburn0502/mouse.gif

I wouldn't just vote for homebrew, they both have great homebrew. The ds wins all the way around.

Junixx
October 14th, 2006, 03:53

uhh....yea look around the website some more theres plenty of DS homebrew...

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 14th, 2006, 13:52
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/PSPvote.JPG

acn010
October 14th, 2006, 14:13
lol, i say psp, by being a small computer. i also have a ds but meh, what gives.............

JKKDARK
October 14th, 2006, 15:06
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/PSPvote.JPG

Hey, you can use Style XP :p

ferds108
October 15th, 2006, 06:11
I agree with acn010. The ds is fun, but the psp is a mini computer. It can run complicated programs, connect to internet connections, Write to a memory stick, communicate via usb, and so much more.

souLLy
October 15th, 2006, 09:56
The PSP still only has two games worth playing and until that changes the DS will continue being leagues in front of the PSP.

acn010
October 17th, 2006, 23:06
ds is fun,its kids friendly.
psp is for more mature people and its a delicate piece of machine..

Cloudhunter
October 17th, 2006, 23:59
I think both machines have their merits, however i'm voting PSP. I owned a DS briefly, and although it has more fun commercial games I never have been much for commercial games on consoles. I like PSP because of its homebrew capabilities, and its superior power. Not to mention movie playing, music playing, etc...

Cloudy

TeenDev
October 18th, 2006, 00:56
I agree with CPU_SMARTS cuz DS has a lot better games and stuff and they aren't as fragile

PSPdemon
October 18th, 2006, 01:06
I agree with CPU_SMARTS cuz DS has a lot better games and stuff and they aren't as fragile

lol, i accaly know someone who got so mad, they tossed there ds at the wall...and it just completely shattered into little pieces. ( i wish i had pictures of the destruction )

as far as my vote is concerned, i vote for psp. DS does have alot of good games going for it, ill grant you that, But PSP does have the upper hand ( in my opinion ) in the homebrew catagory.

i also think the ds does have some very nice homebrew titles as well, just like the psp better :P.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

acn010
October 18th, 2006, 01:07
power is the key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 18th, 2006, 11:06
Hey, you can use Style XP
just paint.

wait crap i 4got the h! grrr

Apoklepz
October 18th, 2006, 22:25
I've got both, but I have to go with PSP. Even if the commercial games rock harder on my DS, my PSP has me swept away most of the time because of it's wonderful, extensive and easy to access list of homebrew/emulation...I know my DS is probably taking a dump on my meal right now...Sorry.

PSPKOR
October 19th, 2006, 14:49
Has to be the PSP, I dont think the commercial games are that bad for the PSP though I do think the best is to come.

abeisgreat
November 3rd, 2006, 00:47
I dont care what anyone says ,Ds Live Long And Prosper!

SSaxdude
November 3rd, 2006, 18:59
PSP because of homebrew. Plus the built in mp3 and video player is much better than the one on my M3.

abeisgreat
November 4th, 2006, 05:40
true but the ds is way cheaper!

extentofmysin
November 14th, 2006, 01:32
If I could only choose one, it would have to be a DS.
Sure, its not as good technically, but the battery lasts much longer and its the games that matter in the end more than anything- and its actually truly portable and just about fits in your pocket (havent seen one but ive heard the psp is much larger than the ds lite?) Nintendo being one of the greatest games developer in existence also helps my purchase along a little, lol- having a handheld without being able to play Nintendo games just wouldnt work (although no doubt the PSP will eventually have some decent SNES and N64 emulators if it doesnt already- if I didnt have a Nintendo machine and I had a PSP I would have to use them)! :)
Both machines have good homebrew and plenty of emulators in development although it may be some time before they are both used to their fullest capabilities with such progs

the_eternal_dark
November 16th, 2006, 04:19
If I could only choose one, it would have to be a DS.
Sure, its not as good technically, but the battery lasts much longer and its the games that matter in the end more than anything- and its actually truly portable and just about fits in your pocket (havent seen one but ive heard the psp is much larger than the ds lite?) Nintendo being one of the greatest games developer in existence also helps my purchase along a little, lol- having a handheld without being able to play Nintendo games just wouldnt work (although no doubt the PSP will eventually have some decent SNES and N64 emulators if it doesnt already- if I didnt have a Nintendo machine and I had a PSP I would have to use them)! :)
Both machines have good homebrew and plenty of emulators in development although it may be some time before they are both used to their fullest capabilities with such progs

The DSLite is slightly smaller and weighs noticeably less than a PSP does. You know how the left side of the psp is visible when in the softcase? If you put a DSLite in a PSP case, you can hardly see any of it (ok I dont know the exact measurements). I wouldn't say a lot smaller, but definately lighter.

PSP and DS have good SNES emulators, but the PSP is ruling with it's SNES emulation. N64 is out of the question with the DS. It's also not all about the emulators, the actual homebrew games are more than enough entertainment as well.

Smurph
November 16th, 2006, 09:06
If you're going homebrew, then go GP2X. If you still want fun commercial games, then go DS, I say.

SnesR0X
November 17th, 2006, 01:43
both!!!!!!!!! i changed my mind

chrono75
November 17th, 2006, 05:41
In terms of power; The PSP
In term of flexibility; The PSP
In terms of great games; The DS (I'm jealous of Mario Kart DS and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow 2)

However, I love my PSP because I can play and SNES game I want and nearly any GBA game I want and have over 600 games on my PSP (took screens of all my SNES games so I can see them before I play them using SNES TYL 0.42me)

max_uk
November 17th, 2006, 12:52
depends really on age a little in our house we have both , [with hombrew firmware], and ds is great for the younger members of the family as the games are a little simpler with alot more play ability but the psp has more features that the older gamer will like ,aka music, films ect so i cannot see how you can say 1 is better than the other diff strenghts 4 each same as 360 and ps3, which we have

Stump
November 29th, 2006, 15:13
psð!

semicolo
November 30th, 2006, 17:34
If I ever buy a portable, it'll be a gp2x

risenlord
October 1st, 2007, 22:14
neogeo on my psp is almost perfect almost cause i know im gonna have to go through button replacements PSP all the way for me movies homebrew
webbrowsing universal remote functions only if it had two anolog nubs

JKKDARK
October 1st, 2007, 23:40
The DS will be always better

seriosbrad
December 2nd, 2007, 20:41
I was the biggest DS fanboy for so long and then I finally broke down and bought a slim. When modded for custom firmware, the PSP can do almost anything!

I grew up in the era of the now retro consoles (snes, genesis, nes, etc) and now having a portable Genesis emulator with the newly released version of Picodrive I have been having a blast!

supralov3r
January 22nd, 2008, 07:40
DS, obviously. DS hasn't the best graphics, but it has the best games and also we can use gba games :)
But the psp can emulate them just as good as the ds can! I was playing pokemon emerald, gadget racers and I even played Pokemon Yellow yes POKEMON YELLOW! Ds can't play gameboy color games! And the PSP has many other emulators like the N64 one (which works VERY good now) the snes ones, and sony even gave us a PS1 game emulator! That right Gran Turismo 2 on my PSP beat that DS!:thumbup: