PDA

View Full Version : Yoshi Is leaving the scene

nyrtrublue
October 11th, 2006, 04:17
It is my deepest regret to announce that Yoshi is fed up with the flaming and has decided to walk from the PSP scene. Let this be a lesson to all who flame...you may cost your self terrific work. I send my best wishes to Yoshi and if you guys have matured you should as well. Good luck and if you change your mind Yoshi I'll welcome you back with open arms...btw he plans to release another build of his psx emulato along with the SOURCE CODE(hope that will shut some people up)

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 04:18
No!!!! :(

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 04:19
If he had released the source in the first place it wouldn't have been such a big deal.That sux though,I've used his work several times.

Edshugeo
October 11th, 2006, 04:43
Is he actually leaving, or just retiring a name?

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 04:52
YEAHH!!!!! Finally, the faker is gone! Seriously, looking back, has he EVER filled his promises? No.... The WAB universal loader, the 2.00 downgrader, the SMS emulator, the PSX emulator, all promised great things, but in the end either:

1) Underdelievered/ Never happened
2) Was someone else's work

The ONLY thing he did for the scene were the 2.xx downgraders, and from what I hear, Mathieulh and Dark_Alex did most of the work!

He has made enemies with other devs (PCSX and PCSX2 coders) and most of the PSP community. Good riddance to garbage!

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 05:21
It is my deepest regret to announce that Yoshi is fed up with the flaming and has decided to walk from the PSP scene. Let this be a lesson to all who flame...you may cost your self terrific work. I send my best wishes to Yoshi and if you guys have matured you should as well. Good luck and if you change your mind Yoshi I'll welcome you back with open arms...btw he plans to release another build of his psx emulato along with the SOURCE CODE(hope that will shut some people up)

got a link to where you found this out?

BL4Z3D247
October 11th, 2006, 05:32
yeh i'd like to see the link too, ohh well we have PS1P and A.C. "Hobo" still :)

x-zero
October 11th, 2006, 05:56
I realy wish some one comes out with a great PSONE emulator it will be a big hit believe me.

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 06:50
X-zero... yea its called PS1P!

samthegreat68
October 11th, 2006, 06:54
not cool, why cant everyone quit being whiney babies and wait it out? i mean patience is a virtue right? so quit flaming and beleive. i feel like this whole site is a version of laguna beach, where every one is a crying little bitch if they dont get their way right when they want it. grow up people and i hope that yoshi understands that alot of us appreichiate what it means to be a coder and all the hard work that goes into it.

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 06:56
It is my deepest regret to announce that Yoshi is fed up with the flaming and has decided to walk from the PSP scene.

and then
...........................................btw he plans to release another build of his psx emulato along with the SOURCE CODE(hope that will shut some people up)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Mr. Shizzy
October 11th, 2006, 06:57
Thats a shame. I don't care how anybody feels about him. We just lost a damn good coder....$h*t :(...

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 07:02
erm... read the first post.. it says he is leaving.. then says hes working on a new release. WTF?:confused:

Think i will wait for a link / official statement from Yoshi . If this information is false, I sincerely hope the mods take the relevant actions.

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 07:05
To all those saying Yoshi was a "Good" coder look here:
http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1096817&postcount=96

I don't care if u hate this QJ or not, a former WAB team member, Bri3d speaks out against Yoshi.

Now, what do u believe, since bri3d is a respected member of the psp dev community.... right....

Edit: This should be in the first post: Today yoshi asked me on the phone to post the news for him since he has connection issues:

He told me that he wants to leave the psp scene as soon as he release the next psx-p version (with sources) because he is fed up of people flamming him all the time, calling him a scammer, a stealer when he is nothing of this.

He is fed up of people finding any existing reasons to flame him, of people who do not aknowledge the work he spent hours on, he is also tired of not being able to do anything without people flamming him, when he doesn't release an app people call him a faker, when he does people say he stole it from somewhere.

He can't even ask for donations without beeing flamed because Alonetrio (back on wab.com) made a fake yoshihiro paypal account and fleed with all the money but everyone still think yoshi did.

I personally think he was out of luck, and I was there when I saw people like Alonetrio or MPH stabbing him in the back, stealing his rep/softwares or taking advantages of him to get money.

Anyway I am here to tell you that he will leave the scene once the next and last psx-p version get release.

I feel sad as it is a great loss for the scene and one of the devs I will truely regret, but I do understand his feelings and I might have done the same if so many people betrayed me.

Every time I see something about yoshihiro, it's mostly flames done by people who can't even compile their own eboots, it makes me sad. Just a few days ago when 0okm announced he wouldn't release his softdown, some comments were like: "I am sure that yoshihiro is behind it" or "yoshihiro and 0okm should create a scammer club" when yoshi had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I think people use to flame at yoshihiro just like some kind of sports.

I hope people will think about the harm they do to devs spreading fake rumours and comments .

Best regards to everyone.

This is from Yoshi's "friend" Mathieulh

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 11th, 2006, 07:07
Gonna sound controversial here but he brought it upon himself.Perhaps he was just looking for a excuse.

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 07:11
Come on, after all the crap that went on, i'm really not surprised he got flamed. and sorry if it sounds like I'm bitching... but he shouldn't act like a super-emo and turn his back because of a few nobodies on message boards. He has let the flamers win. Who really is the jackass then?

Oni
October 11th, 2006, 07:11
NOOOO, why can't people just shut the **** up. This was one of the most expected works in a very long time, and then people just have to f**k it all up!! DAMN U!!...
To Yoshi, I think it cool you have the guts to leave the sceene after that you have put into it. In a way I can understand you. I wish you all good in the future, and if you ever want to come back to the sceene to work on something, know you have my full suport aswell as the suport from a lot of other DCemu's.. hope you will consider coming back.

PS. Sry 'bout the lang, wraggy, but can't hold back when something like this happen... sure you can understand why. Like you I was looking forward to see some ps1 games, and development can be kind of slow when you don't have some competition. (Don't get me wrong on that one)

i'm out (PLZ come back)
ONi

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 07:20
Who really cares he is gone? Any1? Any1 at all? Hmmm... guess not...

What's so great that he would have made... Lets see... PSXP... PS1P seems 10x better (faster, more compatible)

Hmmm, nothing else... good ridances

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 07:21
From BRI3D's post (WAB Member)

Does the timing on this exit (just after Yoshi was called out for PSX-P) not seem a bit strange?

Anyway, as a former WAB member, I can say that Yoshihiro was in no way protesting the donations or the videos which were "released." He was fully supporting them.

The group in general simply wanted to release oldschool-style demos, however when AloneTrio and Yoshi saw the potential for fame and money with downgraders and ISO loaders, they took that path instead. Alone foolishly trusted Yoshihiro's word on everything he was doing, and the rest is history.

I quit before the days of the "downgrader" as I was lazy, we weren't coding any demos, and Yoshihiro was doing all the copying and pasting, but I can tell you that Yoshihiro was no "talented coder."

Interesting.

Psphreak
October 11th, 2006, 07:22
Good riddance.

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 07:24
From BRI3D's post (WAB Member)

Does the timing on this exit (just after Yoshi was called out for PSX-P) not seem a bit strange?

Anyway, as a former WAB member, I can say that Yoshihiro was in no way protesting the donations or the videos which were "released." He was fully supporting them.

The group in general simply wanted to release oldschool-style demos, however when AloneTrio and Yoshi saw the potential for fame and money with downgraders and ISO loaders, they took that path instead. Alone foolishly trusted Yoshihiro's word on everything he was doing, and the rest is history.

I quit before the days of the "downgrader" as I was lazy, we weren't coding any demos, and Yoshihiro was doing all the copying and pasting, but I can tell you that Yoshihiro was no "talented coder."

Interesting.

It seems some1 actually reads what i write... yup... PLUS more interesting news:

"the dynarec progresses but it is not Dark_Alex which works above finally [regarding the Beta 2 PSXP]

Orly? I was under the asumption DA was coding the Dynarec, I guess Yoshi was just BS'ing.... AGAIN

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 07:27
It seems some1 actually reads what i write... yup...

hehe, I very nearly didnt when I noticed it was a :mad: QJ.Net:mad: link, but hell I wanna' know what the story is here. ;)
Quite remarkable.

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 07:29
Well, the truth is out, and i've found a new sig: http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/926/yoshihiromagiciencopyta6.png

He buys those UMDs with the money he stole from us

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 07:30
I am dissapointed to a certain extent, the PS1 emu he was working on sure did cause I stir, but after reading the money fraud story (which I still dont know wether to believe) and Bid3r's story about Yoshi, I have my doubts.
Bid3r spoke on how Yoshi took the ISO road when he saw the ca$h signs. I personally do not endorse ANY form of pirate coders, so that is my reason for the dislike.
Im not intentionally flaming him, nor have I ever flamed him, but Piracy amd possible money fraud is where I draw the line. I will not support a coder who is involved in such activities.
Of course people will say to me "well your not a coder, what do you know". Well, I dont know nothing about coding and I probably never will, but I know what a fraudster is and I know what ISO piracy is... and it could ultimatly be the downfall of PSP.

Tulvert
October 11th, 2006, 07:31
Damn another good coder leaves the scene. Ya know people just can't be happy with what they get, and for free. Coders do all this work and don't even get paid for it. They do it for the good of the scene. Then jackholes have to go and be stupid and flame them. " I didn't like this" or "I didn't like that". F YOU. If you didn't like what a coder did then YOU make a better one or YOU can go ahead and work for hours and days and come up with your own homebrew. From what I seen most people that flame don't even contribute to the scene. All they do is complain. So the next time someone thinks about flames a REAL coder, Release a homebrew better then the ones they have made. DAMMED IDIOTS.

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 07:33
Damn another good coder leaves the scene. Ya know people just can't be happy with what they get, and for free. Coders do all this work and even get paid for it. They do it for the good of the scene. Then jackholes have to go and be stupid and flame them. " I didn't like this" or "I didn't like that". F YOU. If you didn't like what a coder did then YOU make a better one or YOU can go ahead and work for hours and days and come up with your own homebrew. From what I seen most people that flame don't even contribute to the scene. All they do is complain. So the next time someone thinks about flames a REAL coder, Release a homebrew better then the ones they have made. DAMMED IDIOTS.

Tell me, when did u enter the psp scene? Or xbox scene? Yup its not just us PSP users he toys with...

And he is pro-piracy (universal loader, etc)... So why do you support him?

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 07:34
Damn another good coder leaves the scene. Ya know people just can't be happy with what they get, and for free. Coders do all this work and even get paid for it. They do it for the good of the scene. Then jackholes have to go and be stupid and flame them. " I didn't like this" or "I didn't like that". F YOU. If you didn't like what a coder did then YOU make a better one or YOU can go ahead and work for hours and days and come up with your own homebrew. From what I seen most people that flame don't even contribute to the scene. All they do is complain. So the next time someone thinks about flames a REAL coder, Release a homebrew better then the ones they have made. DAMMED IDIOTS.

I think its slightly a different story when fraud is involved.
If that story is true.
But hell, after reading what Bir3d posted, I pretty convinced.

Mr. Shizzy
October 11th, 2006, 07:34
I'm not going to get into a debate over this. I don't know Yoshi or anything about him really. And this whole thing seems a whole lot deeper than I care to really look into. The whole thing is just an embarresment to the PSP scene. I just hate to see any coder treated like this. The man said he's done. Let's leave it at that. And a reminder to all: Flaming is against the rules here at psp-news.

emuking
October 11th, 2006, 07:44
i hate the living hell out of flamers :(

Tulvert
October 11th, 2006, 07:46
It's not just Yoshi. I've seen this happen to other coders besides him. One of them was a friend of mine from the Xbox scene and it just gets me mad to see it happen to others now. Yoshi's story here is starting to look all to familiar. As for me I don't code. I do body modes on systems. I've always been better at rebuilding a system then reprograming it.

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 07:52
That's great....But Yoshi brought this upon himself, and I'm sure MANY coders/devs will agree. All of the PCSX/PCSX2 coders HATE HIS GUTS for unethical use of the source code (he was REQUIRED to release it when he released Beta 1... not wait a month).... Name something positive he brought to the scene BY HIMSELF... nothing... Everything was leeched off of others or finished by others (MPH)...

His own former teammates are attacking him... What do you expect?

jwilds73
October 11th, 2006, 07:53
Unless your a coder who's work was used without being properly credited what right do you have to even involve yourself in this at all?

It's the same with the people that kept emailing Exophase to the point that he had to say "hey stop emailing for christs sake!". Unless your a coder and have something to add or help with this development why the hell are you bothering the guy?

The coders who feel their work was used and not properly credited have every right to complain and call Yoshi out on it. The rest of you need to allow them to solve that themselves without adding your worthless two cents.

Leave these people alone unless your invited to make suggestions or requests in their developments or have something constructive to add.

Sucking the joy and happiness away from these coders that make all these things possible for us all and completely free of charge only damages the scene.

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 07:58
Google "x_JesusOfSuburbia_x LUAmines" for me now, would you, now plz, STFU... I know how to code, prolly better than u'll ever, and am learning C, so please, find out the facts before talking

Heero808
October 11th, 2006, 08:08
"Sigh" Even though I don't know much about him but must be pretty harsh of the flamers to make him leave but Good Luck Yoshi

Gene
October 11th, 2006, 08:09
first off at the psp scene we need as many coders as we can get to keep our community thriving, but even if the coder is so called "Lying or Decieving" he(or she) is still a coder and deserves respect for something they have done. i am not taking anyones side because i realize this is a sensitive issue, but give coders the respect and loyalty they deserve and they will give you the quality stuff, but if you flame other coders how you flamed, no, Absolutely Bashed Yoshi, then of course they will see that all of their hard work and effort will only produce negetive feelings, and of course they will just stop coding for the public.

Let me put this in other words

Would anyone here Bash Psmonkey for leaving the scene on a job offer? no
Or
Whould anyone Flame Dark_Alex for making a hombrew enabler that doesnt work with a few homebrew apps? no
Then why whould you flame someone who was trying bring you so many good, amazing thngs like the PSXP or the downgrader? things that would benifit only you, and would only give him the satisfaction of knowing somone appretiates his work and effort.

Again, i say i don't know who is right and who is wrong in this argument, but all the people who flamed yoshi were always talking about how we should beat sony, but how can we keep a fight against sony if all we do is fight with ourselves?

for all the flamers and bashers, Just grow up and stop acting like kids.

please, the next time you want to post a flame to a coder, who has worked countless hours on a project, think twice and don't post it. Because that one post you make can easily make the coder decide to stop and leave the community.

sorry for the long post, but it had to be said.

and if Yoshi just so happens to read this, i just want to tell him that there are a few who are bashing, but they have no right to do so. Many people, including myself don't want him to leave the scene. Not because of what he did, or didn't do, but because it will weaken our community and seperate the people further.

Heero808
October 11th, 2006, 08:17
Said Perfectly in the post above than mine also Amen

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 08:20
Again, Im not trolling, but done some research just there... Is it true that thig guy tried to intentionaly brick PSP's with a fake downgrader? or was this a coding error?
I dont know what to believe here.

BL4Z3D247
October 11th, 2006, 08:22
"community" is the word and if we can't all stop flamming devs of any kind of homebrew then the psp scene is just gunna crumble...but with every loss comes a gain, still it's not good when a dev leaves the scene, reguardless of his/her reputation

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 08:33
Again, Im not trolling, but done some research just there... Is it true that thig guy tried to intentionaly brick PSP's with a fake downgrader? or was this a coding error?
I dont know what to believe here.

THAT is false... as u can see, I only support the truth, and even though it would help my argument, that is false

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 08:34
THAT is false... as u can see, I only support the truth, and even though it would help my argument, that is false

I see. Yea I guessed it was a coding error. Thanks for the reply :D

mr_nick666
October 11th, 2006, 08:51
At last... The end of the thread and people are talking sense (BL8Z3D247, Gene and Heero808 Im looking at you) :rolleyes: Flaming is NEVER necessary :mad: The whole point of this community should be constructive criticism, guidance and sharing/gaining knowledge :) Its sad that there seems to be an influx of pre-pubescents who dont get this :( Even if Yoshi only ever did one thing for the PSP community then his going will be a loss...

neovlace
October 11th, 2006, 08:52
Originally Posted by BL8Z3D247
"community" is the word and if we can't all stop flamming devs of any kind of homebrew then the psp scene is just gunna crumble...but with every loss comes a gain, still it's not good when a dev leaves the scene, reguardless of his/her reputation
I agree, he was a great coder for the scene. But on the other hand, maybe things will be less Drama Enriched now that he's gone. Ever since he came there has been so much drama wether it was his fault or not that it almost seemed pointless to be involved in a hobby. The trouble almost out-weighed the enjoyment of providing things to the community.

Mr. Shizzy
October 11th, 2006, 09:15
At last... The end of the thread and people are talking sense (BL8Z3D247, Gene and Heero808 Im looking at you) :rolleyes: Flaming is NEVER necessary :mad: The whole point of this community should be constructive criticism, guidance and sharing/gaining knowledge :) Its sad that there seems to be an influx of pre-pubescents who dont get this :( Even if Yoshi only ever did one thing for the PSP community then his going will be a loss...

Yeah. And I said it on the second or 3rd page. :) I don't think I will visit this thread again. Every thread about Yoshi ends up in chaos. Like I said. I know nothing about Yoshi really. But, I hate to see everyone fighting like this.

shrimpidy
October 11th, 2006, 09:47
A member of DCEMU leaving is a sad thought. Even though some people say he didn't do a lot, he is still a member of our community. Many people arw gonna miss you Yoshi.

kayhanbakid
October 11th, 2006, 09:54
I don't understand why everyone got so pissed when he didn't release the source. The way I see it, it's none of my business. It's up to the coders and the people who run the websites the figure out what to do.

Who am I to flame someone for trying to give us something for free? Especially if I can't code for crap.

IT'S FREE STUFF PEOPLE!! FREE!

I've always just sat back and taken in all the great stuff the PSP community has given. Give praise if it's good, and if you don't like it don't ruin it for everyone else.

It's been a great almost 1 year and I hope it continues.

Cloudhunter
October 11th, 2006, 10:36
dagger89, with no knowledge yourself of what went on you have no place to spread rumours and the like.

As for that picture you posted, he had what, 5 UMD's? Grow up, don't kick a dog while hes down.

I for one will be very sad to see him go. TBH, I care nothing for rumours. I hope all the people who accused him of stealing code without having the source code yourself will all see when he releases the last release of his emulator. I don't care what hes done, the way hes been treated has been disgraceful. Remember that he owes you nothing, and all people can do is follow rumours around and flame him.

Anyhow, i'll stop now.

Good luck Yoshi for the future, hope you won't completely dissapear, like so many other good coders :(

Cloudy

dejkirkby
October 11th, 2006, 10:56
I don't understand why everyone got so pissed when he didn't release the source. The way I see it, it's none of my business.

By not releasing the code, he was in fact breaking the law by not complying to the GPL.
I believe a lot of the flaming was brought on by his own doing, but that still doesn't condone it. Whether he faked a lot or not, he will be missed by many.

chrisrulz555
October 11th, 2006, 11:04
Let me put this in other words

Would anyone here Bash Psmonkey for leaving the scene on a job offer? no
Or
Whould anyone Flame Dark_Alex for making a hombrew enabler that doesnt work with a few homebrew apps? no
Then why whould you flame someone who was trying bring you so many good, amazing thngs like the PSXP or the downgrader? things that would benifit only you, and would only give him the satisfaction of knowing somone appretiates his work and effort.

Again, i say i don't know who is right and who is wrong in this argument, but all the people who flamed yoshi were always talking about how we should beat sony, but how can we keep a fight against sony if all we do is fight with ourselves?

please, the next time you want to post a flame to a coder, who has worked countless hours on a project, think twice and don't post it. Because that one post you make can easily make the coder decide to stop and leave the community.

How can you be so incredibly ignorant. We didnt flame PSMonkey or Dark Alex because they actually contributed to the scene what was theirs, they didnt browse PS2DEV forums, look for WIP, work on it for five minutes then release it as their own. Also your Dark_Alex Homebrew enabler with a few apps not working comparison, try if he released a homebrew enabler that ran no apps and you would be closer to yoshis work.

You say we should be working together so we can beat Sony but people like Yoshi are the scum of this scene. If someone declares they are working on a PS1 emulator then less coders will go after that project because it is already in the works. Now if the person that declared it was only faking it then they could have just driven away potential coders that could have taken it all the way. Lucky we have PS1P coming out soon...

If you had read the thread about how PSXP was illegal before it was closed then you would have seen the amount of people who said that Yoshi would use this as an excuse and quit, anybody who completely gives up because of something so trivial is obviously pretty shady in the first place, all he had to do was ask us to give him a fair chance instead of telling us he is working on a Downgrader/PS1 emu, get donations then keep the money and not release the project, and no PSXP does not count as a release because it is stolen code and illegal. He could have simply done what Exophase did and ask everybody to stop.

I also find it pretty funny that all the noobs that have recently joined instantly say stuff like "YOU TARD FLAMERZ ZOMG STOP IT CHILDREN". If you had been around for the beginning of the PSP scene and the Xbox scene you would know the truth about Yoshihiro so please stop insulting us without a proper idea about what has happened.

Cloudhunter
October 11th, 2006, 11:18
The bottom line is, most of the flames that are going on are unfounded, or unproovable rumours. If you don't like a person, ignore it. No need to be blatently vocal about it.

Unless you can proove without a shadow of a doubt what you say is true, and that you've experienced it first hand, then my advice is to don't bother. There is no point in repeating other peoples things. I can see why some people consider the PSP scene dying now.

Cloudy

ExcruciationX
October 11th, 2006, 12:11
I remember he tried to create a 1.50 to 1.00 downgrader (We already have one), and it was a bricker. It was pulled soon after it was posted.

jimjamjahaa
October 11th, 2006, 12:16
dont blame the guy. he could be using his talents to be making alot of money, instead of working on psp homebrew and getting shit thrown at him

its a wonder anyone stays working on psp stuff with the ammount of immatre pricks about that know nothing of the time and dedication it takes to get to the level of programming competence it takes to write shit like a ps1 emu for an undocumented piece of hardware.

zx-81
October 11th, 2006, 12:19
The bottom line is, most of the flames that are going on are unfounded, or unproovable rumours. If you don't like a person, ignore it. No need to be blatently vocal about it.

Unless you can proove without a shadow of a doubt what you say is true, and that you've experienced it first hand, then my advice is to don't bother. There is no point in repeating other peoples things. I can see why some people consider the PSP scene dying now.

Cloudy

I do agree 100% ...

@Yoshi: it's a sad news for the psp scene (and in particular for the french one), but i understand your choice, and i wish you good luck ...

S41N7
October 11th, 2006, 12:37
I appreciate your input to the psp scene. The scene is still imature and fails to comprehend the fact that NOTHING is owed. I bid you farewell and good luck, not just for you but also for all the coders left on the scene.

benn
October 11th, 2006, 12:40
wow! anyone still reading this far?

my thoughts (as a non-coder but original psp scene person):

yoshi had a lot of good ideas was unable to deliver the promises. this would have been fine if he had good intentions but whenever things fell through he always seemed to try and position himself as the victim even though other people lost out - paypal scam? (i know he still says it was nothing to do with him).

normally i would agree that having more coders is better than less, but consider that you have a coder who upsets other coders. what if this person is a coder who undermines what other coders are doing and just generally creates a lot of issues - both through coding and posting. would you rather five good coders and this other coder (who disrupts them through his actions) or just five good coders who can now continue their work with less hassle?

in his favour, you never know that PS1P may only have been 'released' at this stage because Yoshi released his illegal* version. In this way, people like Yoshi can be good as they are a catalyst and stir other people in to action. I think he was indirectly responsible for a few things on PSP - not through coding, but because he moved the idea forward to a point where other coders realised there was enough people interested to pursue it.

in conclusion, i have never worked with Yoshi so cannot judge him in that way. my overall understanding of the situation is that the scene may be more efficient without him, but i am sure going to miss him. why? the entertainment value of course! it is so funny to see how some people react when his name is even mentioned. even this thread, it's like watching an episode of Sunset Beach or something lol.

*i am not getting into the legal debate as WAY TOO MANY people on this site flamed Yoshi for acting illegally yet they download warez themselves???

benh
October 11th, 2006, 12:43
This is very sad, Me being a coder myself hate people who flame other peoples good work! If someones done or made something for the psp you should appriciate it not bad mouth it and if you dont like what they've done just keep your mouth shut and keep it to yourself! I am very much looking forward to this emulator and cannot wait, I will never leave the scene just because of some saddos who need to get a life, By leaving the scene you are just giving the flamers what they want! so let this be a lesson to all of you who flame GROW UP!

geise69
October 11th, 2006, 13:20
What do people expect when you have a "scene" on a popular system owned by a lot of young kids who know nothing about coding. They don't know what all is involved. They just want free stuff to play and don't care how it's done. I don't know all the Yoshi stuff and I'm not a coder, but I do know that by not releasing the source is definitly a big no no when it comes to the GPL liscense. A really good coder in the GP2X scene also was harassed about releasing the source "rather than politely asked" to release it. A lot of coders take the GPL as the bible it seems, and freak out the 2nd the source isn't released. Anyways if people keep this flaming up it's going to just frustrate more coders and then where will we be? Glad I have the non drama GP2X scene to fall back on if this one goes stale.

Veskgar
October 11th, 2006, 13:30
I'm willing to bet that the majority of the PSP scene is in their 20's like me. Not mostly kids. Either way, any contribution to the PSP scene should be greatly respected whether you find use in it personally or not.

I was unhappy with the hype that surrounded Yoshi's PSX EMU but I can appreciate the effort.

We should all definitely increase the amount of respect given to ALL coders / developers because most people don't donate.

Right now I think Exophase deserves many donations. Also, if the A.C. (anonymous coder) comes through on the PS1 EMU, that would also deserve many donations.

We need to increase support and decrease negativity.

benh
October 11th, 2006, 13:40
YEAHH!!!!! Finally, the faker is gone! Seriously, looking back, has he EVER filled his promises? No.... The WAB universal loader, the 2.00 downgrader, the SMS emulator, the PSX emulator, all promised great things, but in the end either:

The ONLY thing he did for the scene were the 2.xx downgraders, and from what I hear, Mathieulh and Dark_Alex did most of the work!

He has made enemies with other devs (PCSX and PCSX2 coders) and most of the PSP community. Good riddance to garbage!

This is a fine eample of the kind of saddos i was talking about who dont have a life and just flame other peoples work. You are one of the people who have made Yoshi leave the scene!
I would never leave the scene because of someone like you! GET A LIFE!!!

Galiano
October 11th, 2006, 13:55
yoshi ate my baby!!!!!!!!!
seriously though people really should'nt flame. personally don't see the point, the time spent flaming a coder (whether he did the things he was accused of or not) could be better spent looking at other coders work or even playing games themselves

MUDD
October 11th, 2006, 14:15
A few years ago I had a job in a large travel agency in London. Being highly sexed I have to 'see to myself' once or sometimes twice a day so I would regularly have to nip to the toilets and spend 5 minutes relieving my tensions but the place was grotty and I did not enjoy being there. Then I 'discovered' the stock room. This was a small room in the basement where we kept the large numbers of brochures and forms that we used. As staff only visited the room in the evening, to get fresh stocks of brochures for the next day, I reckoned that it would be private enough for my needs. The fact that it smelt better than the toilets and had a comfortable, if tatty, chair that I could use, were bonuses. Finding time for play was easy enough as my job involved tasks, like taking mail around and popping out to deliver tickets, that took me away from my desk and made it acceptable for me to be out of sight for a while. Things went well for a few months and I got to love my little hiding place, visiting it whenever the need arose. One morning I was in need or some fun and had nothing pressing to do in the office so I made for the stock room. I did my usual preparations of dropping my knicks, popping them into my pocket, making myself comfortable on the old chair and then set to it. After a couple of minutes, things were getting nice. My clitoris was letting me know that my fingers were doing their job and that my orgasm was very close. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the erotic scene playing in my head. Soon I lost touch with where I was and was totally focussed in the pleasure I was having. Next I was opening my eyes and seeing my manager staring at me. She did not look amused and simply told me to sort myself out and get upstairs. I was horrified and expected to be the laughing stock of the office. She, however, said nothing to anyone about the incident but I found it so hard to look her in the eye again (and I missed my little breaks) that I soon moved on to a new job.

jimjamjahaa
October 11th, 2006, 14:21
can i be the first to say "wtf"

blackrave
October 11th, 2006, 14:27
Look what the whiners just did! Poor Yoshi. Just trying to help the community and gets a punch in the face.
I feel sorry for you, and you're more than welcome back to the scene.

jimjamjahaa
October 11th, 2006, 14:29
if i was him, i'd put my all in to making the ps1 emu uber fast, then upload a video of me playing it to utube... just to spite everyone.

but i am a spiteful person

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 15:23
Hmm flaming is bad.
All that we did was call him out on not following the GPL agreements. its always the idiots that fail to see the real issues that create the drama.

splodger15
October 11th, 2006, 15:30
This is sad to see him go and for all you flamers why dont you just p*** off back to qj

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 15:36
Wow i didn't see it coming and in regard as some people said about him not releasing the SRC. Thats the coders decision if they want to make it public or not. Hey if i spend all that time and hard work with something , i should be aloud to release it when i want right. So Yoshi you will be missed.

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 15:43
Wow i didn't see it coming and in regard as some people said about him not releasing the SRC. Thats the coders decision if they want to make it public or not. Hey if i spend all that time and hard work with something , i should be aloud to release it when i want right. So Yoshi you will be missed.

When software is licensed under GPL the bins MUST be accompanied by the source. As the software he was porting PCSX was lisensed under GPL he was REQUIRED to follow the lisense agreements. We were more concerned with wether or not we were hosting illegal software then we were of if he would release it at a later date. Sadly we had a number of our staff turn into drama machines over it, and even more drama from idiots that didnt know what they were talking about and just flamed.

Basil Zero
October 11th, 2006, 15:44
It truly is sad, even if i didnt use any of his programs, he still represented the PSP Homebrew Scene

**** u sony, must be them who emailed him the flames lol

gr42178
October 11th, 2006, 15:44
A few years ago I had a job in a large travel agency in London. Being highly sexed I have to 'see to myself' once or sometimes twice a day so I would regularly have to nip to the toilets and spend 5 minutes relieving my tensions but the place was grotty and I did not enjoy being there. Then I 'discovered' the stock room. This was a small room in the basement where we kept the large numbers of brochures and forms that we used. As staff only visited the room in the evening, to get fresh stocks of brochures for the next day, I reckoned that it would be private enough for my needs. The fact that it smelt better than the toilets and had a comfortable, if tatty, chair that I could use, were bonuses. Finding time for play was easy enough as my job involved tasks, like taking mail around and popping out to deliver tickets, that took me away from my desk and made it acceptable for me to be out of sight for a while. Things went well for a few months and I got to love my little hiding place, visiting it whenever the need arose. One morning I was in need or some fun and had nothing pressing to do in the office so I made for the stock room. I did my usual preparations of dropping my knicks, popping them into my pocket, making myself comfortable on the old chair and then set to it. After a couple of minutes, things were getting nice. My clitoris was letting me know that my fingers were doing their job and that my orgasm was very close. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the erotic scene playing in my head. Soon I lost touch with where I was and was totally focussed in the pleasure I was having. Next I was opening my eyes and seeing my manager staring at me. She did not look amused and simply told me to sort myself out and get upstairs. I was horrified and expected to be the laughing stock of the office. She, however, said nothing to anyone about the incident but I found it so hard to look her in the eye again (and I missed my little breaks) that I soon moved on to a new job.

What the hell is up with this ???

dejkirkby
October 11th, 2006, 15:47
That's a fair point Acidburn, Yoshi will be missed.
But with regards to the source, the fact is that under the terms of the GPL is was bound to release the source or provide people with access to the source. He did neither, thus making his release illegal.
Flamers jumped on the band-wagon saying that his project was "stolen" and the only way to stop this was to release the source. He didn't, which added fuel to the flamer's fire. Until it got to this point right now, which quite frankly was inevitable.

Emeriastone
October 11th, 2006, 16:14
But why does he wait to release the source if he has nothing to hide?

crypysmoker
October 11th, 2006, 16:16
YOu know what....... This is bull.

We loose great coders because of a bunch of spoiled little brats whos mommies and daddies let them get away with anythign that they feel they can do it in the real world too.

Im sick of stupid kids runing everythign because they belive they derserve everythgin for doing nothing.

You sad little brats just keep ruining everythign nowadays.

Cant you use your brains at all anymore?

Oops
October 11th, 2006, 16:27
As an adult I don't only consider the extension of PSP possibilities that hombrews offer to it, I also consider the respect due to the programinng skills and the fact that devs give software for free (or at least don't charge for giving them), at the cost of free time.

But given the fact that not only PSP programming permits such contribution and that workers also have skills and deserve respect for their work (during freetime or not), it's understandable that people don't like to be fooled, especially when money is involved and then told to shut up.

I'm not saying that Mr Yoshihiro actually fooled people, cause I have no serious mean to know. But given that he's been involved in many things like that, unlike most PSP devs, his reputation is very doubtfull. Well, when people doubt they ask for concrete releases and proofs like readmes with full credits, source code ect. Especially because of his poor way of handlic public relations which contribute to make people doubt about him.

Apart from kids, I believe lots of people only wait for an proper, honest and concreate release to make their minds. As he's leaving, the PSXP is his last chance to prove himself right, just hope he'll do things the right way.

About PSXP project I regret that his only answer to criticism in PSPGEN boards doesn't help trusting him:

Here are some ROHFF lyrics that say all: "Let me tell you about lies against me, only lies. I've been told things happen this way when you become famous. People who are not do boycott, do lie, are jealous, insult me and are proud of it. Why open your mouth about someone you don't know. It's even worse when you know me. You have to know that I know and that I don't like you."
Using an US keyboard, sorry about typos. Thanks to people who support me, big up to you people. I've been told before I release PSXP that all this criticism has only one goal: preventing me asking for gifts each time I release something and also making me loose credibility upon my actual and future sponsors. That's it. (source (http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=205242&highlight=#205242))

Even for an open, adult and comprehensive mind this guy seems to me hard to believe.

ExcruciationX
October 11th, 2006, 16:41
At MUDD: WTF?

BL4Z3D247
October 11th, 2006, 16:44
I do agree 100% ...

@Yoshi: it's a sad news for the psp scene (and in particular for the french one), but i understand your choice, and i wish you good luck ...
aww a coder moment :(...ok, i'm ok, but seriously Cloudhunter ur like yoda with ur wise words..it's scaring me :eek:...ohh wait i said serious :p, i couldn't agree more with everything u post, look at my name are we on the same brain freq.

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 16:45

really sorry to spam here... but..

what.......the.........f*** ?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 16:45
Ok thanks Captain i forgot the GPL stuff. And i totally agree i didnt see that.Well i understand now why the flaming came about.

Malksta
October 11th, 2006, 16:49
Sad..

Hope he changes his mind.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 11th, 2006, 17:00
What the hell is up with this ???
Dunno m8 best we dont ask i think lol had me worried too :).

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 11th, 2006, 17:00
awwwww......not u yoshi.....aawwwwww...

hahahaha
October 11th, 2006, 17:15
if nothing else we lost additional psx emus. since ps1p doesn't appear to be coming out any time soon, its sad to know we will only get one more beta of psxp. if the two were competing it could've accelerated the pace of the emus quite a bit. im sad to hear about this regardless of what people think of yoshi.

slayer2psp
October 11th, 2006, 17:15
i just dont get why people hate so much who cares who makes what just as long as we still get great stuff for the psp

BlackJack23
October 11th, 2006, 17:22
Off Topic: MUDD you crazy ****er! LOL. Your post was just so uncalled for and so utterly random I just had fall off my chair. :D

On Topic: Nothing really.

SteveV2
October 11th, 2006, 17:29

Nice story :D

Apoklepz
October 11th, 2006, 17:38
To much haters around the PSP scene getting into Yoshi's personal business with the scene, made him snap quite a few times...actually a lot of times...I would have done the same....It's this kind of ungratefulness from sceners what makes a scene coder/developer/hacker just send it all to hell and keep on moving...He did a lot for us in the scene, too...It's quite a shame if you ask me, that people who don't even know a shnitty bit about coding will just intentionally flick,flick,flick with one person's mind and make him snap...SO, what I want to say to everybody in the scene is...If you don't have something good or productive to say to a coder/hacker/developer in the PSP scene or in any scene...simply don't say it...Go take your bitchy, greedy, ungrateful attitude to the bathroom mirror or to the nearest hospital's Maternity ward, or to the Government's Complaints Dept. Cause the rest of us don't want to miss out on future scene developments just because some of you are having a period.

Yoshihiro;

...Thank you for your great work and devotion to the PSP scene, Yoshi. Whatever other people might think or say about you, I just want to say I personally admire most of your work, and you will be missed.

I've lerned from this and other situations, that there's only One rule we can all contribute to make the world a much better place...

"Don't Hate...Congratulate".

That's all I have to say...

DessyDago
October 11th, 2006, 17:39
A few years ago I had a job in a large travel agency in London....

way to soften things up.... I think :D . I'm sad to see him go, but then I understand why he was in trouble for his work. However the emmense flames that are coming out is amazing and horrible. The finally faker shit is annoying, and I can understand if you donated to him, you might feel somewhat that way, but obviously you did not. Someone worked on a ps1 emulator its now dead(kind of reminds me of the first gba emulator just he didn't leave for the same reason). Cya yoshi, no hard feelings here, got better things to be pissed about... like sonys 600 dollar ps3... *******s! ;)

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 17:54
honestly the conflict was caused by people that never understand the issues. So often people make assumptions. It was no ones concearn but the DCemu staff why the link was removed from out site, fourtunatly a moderator with good intentions spent to the time to explain why it was being removed. How that snowballed into a flame fest filled with morons escapes me... More then likely he would have released the source a day or two later and apologized if you poeple wouldnt be so quick to insult one another without finding out the whole story. While he had a questionable past all of it is theoretical, and we try to think positively untill somthing is proven, I suggest you do the same as it wont make you look like an asshole later.

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 17:54
Well, with all respect in the world to Yoshi, I think this next version of psxp should be looked at before dashing to install it in our PSPs....

I believe its totally below him to launch a bricker / Trojan... but hell, talk about bittersweet revenge to the scene which flamed him to submission!!!

JD/
October 11th, 2006, 17:58
To much haters around the PSP scene getting into Yoshi's personal business with the scene, made him snap quite a few times...actually a lot of times...I would have done the same....It's this kind of ungratefulness from sceners what makes a scene coder/developer/hacker just send it all to hell and keep on moving...He did a lot for us in the scene, too...It's quite a shame if you ask me, that people who don't even know a shnitty bit about coding will just intentionally flick,flick,flick with one person's mind and make him snap...SO, what I want to say to everybody in the scene is...If you don't have something good or productive to say to a coder/hacker/developer in the PSP scene or in any scene...simply don't say it...Go take your bitchy, greedy, ungrateful attitude to the bathroom mirror or to the nearest hospital's Maternity ward, or to the Government's Complaints Dept. Cause the rest of us don't want to miss out on future scene developments just because some of you are having a period.

Yoshihiro;

...Thank you for your great work and devotion to the PSP scene, Yoshi. Whatever other people might think or say about you, I just want to say I personally admire most of your work, and you will be missed.

I've lerned from this and other situations, that there's only One rule we can all contribute to make the world a much better place...

"Don't Hate...Congratulate".

That's all I have to say...

That about sums it up there are too many haters in the scene and a word to flamers if it does'nt concern you dont get involved. The flaming is disgraceful you flamers need some happiness in your life who goes on the internet to insult people I guess some people weren't brought up right very sad...

Alucard
October 11th, 2006, 18:25
There is one small fact here. This is not flaming. This is fact.

If you use GPL code, you must release your source code. There is no I will release it with the next release. This cuts to the core of homebrew and could destroy it if not followed.

I think that is all that needs to be said. Regardless if a perfect emu was released, the person releasing it would have to pull it without the source. It is illegal to make money on other people's work. (Donations is still making money)

chiefy
October 11th, 2006, 19:02
How can you be so incredibly ignorant. We didnt flame PSMonkey or Dark Alex because they actually contributed to the scene what was theirs, they didnt browse PS2DEV forums, look for WIP, work on it for five minutes then release it as their own. Also your Dark_Alex Homebrew enabler with a few apps not working comparison, try if he released a homebrew enabler that ran no apps and you would be closer to yoshis work.

You say we should be working together so we can beat Sony but people like Yoshi are the scum of this scene. If someone declares they are working on a PS1 emulator then less coders will go after that project because it is already in the works. Now if the person that declared it was only faking it then they could have just driven away potential coders that could have taken it all the way. Lucky we have PS1P coming out soon...

If you had read the thread about how PSXP was illegal before it was closed then you would have seen the amount of people who said that Yoshi would use this as an excuse and quit, anybody who completely gives up because of something so trivial is obviously pretty shady in the first place, all he had to do was ask us to give him a fair chance instead of telling us he is working on a Downgrader/PS1 emu, get donations then keep the money and not release the project, and no PSXP does not count as a release because it is stolen code and illegal. He could have simply done what Exophase did and ask everybody to stop.

I also find it pretty funny that all the noobs that have recently joined instantly say stuff like "YOU TARD FLAMERZ ZOMG STOP IT CHILDREN". If you had been around for the beginning of the PSP scene and the Xbox scene you would know the truth about Yoshihiro so please stop insulting us without a proper idea about what has happened.

QFT (translated for noobs) Quoted for truth

Problem is that most the people posting "Stop Flaming...hes a hell of a coder" Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla

Its people reading the initial post and posting their comments and barely reading sh*t. This crap is too political and in my opinion I say let the emo ******* go. Obviously there's reasons behind the rumors and behind all the shady activity that suggest this guy deserves to keep on walking. Sure the war needs to stop and we all just move on into the future because this is slowing everything down. SO all you ignorant people who are too blind too see wrong doing because you're only intersted in "the next release".... Dont flame the flamer. Just let it go

hockey2112
October 11th, 2006, 19:35

What a pu$$y... Oh, people are flaming me! Owie! It burns so much!

Give me a break. He needs to grow some thicker skin and ignore those who are deriding him.

Oh, and by the way, if he had released the first version of PSX-P the way he was supposed to, with source code included, maybe he wouldn't have been flamed as much. I guess it is always easier to blame someone else, though.

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 19:37
Please, the constant flaming shows nothing but immaturity towards the scene.
Its done with now, theres nothing that can be done, so please keep your thoughts to yourself.

nyrtrublue
October 11th, 2006, 19:45
What a pu$$y... Oh, people are flaming me! Owie! It burns so much!

Give me a break. He needs to grow some thicker skin and ignore those who are deriding him.

Oh, and by the way, if he had released the first version of PSX-P the way he was supposed to, with source code included, maybe he wouldn't have been flamed as much. I guess it is always easier to blame someone else, though.

If you spent hours or even days coding something for free would you want to be thanked or ripped to shreads in forums and seen as a criminal. I wouldnt bother with some of these spoiled whinners. Im 15 and im more mature then some of these "grown up" d1ckheads.

Dont think im callin you out individually im just sayin alot of people in these forums are a$$holes.

hockey2112
October 11th, 2006, 19:56
If you spent hours or even days coding something for free would you want to be thanked or ripped to shreads in forums and seen as a criminal. I wouldnt bother with some of these spoiled whinners. Im 15 and im more mature then some of these "grown up" d1ckheads.

Dont think im callin you out individually im just sayin alot of people in these forums are a$$holes.

You said it all when you said this:

I wouldnt bother with some of these spoiled whiners.

He IS bothering with them, because he is letting them under his skin. He should ignore them, just like he should ignore me calling him a pu$$y above, and continue doing what he loves to do.

chrisrulz555
October 11th, 2006, 19:56

Ok I see your point, we are not allowed to be angry if we donate and recieve absolutely nothing from it, we shouldnt be made if people steal our code and give absolutely no credit to us then make some lame excuse and dont release the source anyway. Its just funny how pretty much every single release is shrouded in controversy, maybe hes got the worst luck of any PSP coder or could there be a more sinister reason...

chiefy
October 11th, 2006, 20:03
Its just funny how pretty much every single release is shrouded in controversy, maybe hes got the worst luck of any PSP coder or could there be a more sinister reason...

al Qaeda???

Nikolaos
October 11th, 2006, 20:20

And what good have you ever done the psp scene? BITCHING ? stfu go compile your own eboot , release it and lets see what you can pull out of your ass have some respect.

sorry to see you leave yoshi I guess people just thought it would be funny to flame you like they did, if people want hb for themselves they should learn to respect the coders who spend hours upon hours coding them.. i mean or they can do it themselfs. bye bye yoshi

dagger89
October 11th, 2006, 20:28
This is a fine eample of the kind of saddos i was talking about who dont have a life and just flame other peoples work. You are one of the people who have made Yoshi leave the scene!
I would never leave the scene because of someone like you! GET A LIFE!!!

So you support illegal stuff then? Alri, good for you.. Cuz the PSXP emulator is ILLEGAL!!! Unhonestly sum people need to realize, jacking sum1 else's stuff is crime... Too bad half the members here have the brain of a cow....

Exophase
October 11th, 2006, 20:29
I think yoshihiro would have had a much better time with all of these happenings in the PSP homebrew scene if he actually showed up to calmly defend himself and respond to the allegations, rather than give people nothing for weeks and let the uncertainties accumulate.. then give a message on the pspgen board (which no one really goes to) that just talks about how "famous" people like him get mistreated and all that. Then we hear, third hand of course, how he's quitting (and I assume it's to make the scene feel bad for getting riled up over all of this).

Not releasing the source was a mistake, and it probably wasn't even yoshihiro's fault. But the fact is he knew what was going down and could have easily fixed it the next day, but instead chose to stubbornly ignore it because he didn't like the way people were responding. If he would have taken the 5 minutes to upload the source and maybe explain what happened publically (in ENGLISH, most of us don't read French, and it's obvious he knows English) then the flaming would have all ended right there, in fact, if he did it quickly enough (when people were still asking nicely) there probably wouldn't have really been any flaming at all. The same thing goes for all of the other past scenarios he was in. They might have all been due to misunderstanding or other people posing as him but he never took the time to clearly talk to people where he could be heard. And that's why things always escalated and he gained this reputation.

Honestly I don't really feel bad for the guy, besides that his contributions to the PSP scene haven't really been special enough (and in the real world people don't get praised just for working hard, even if it's for free) he never handled any of this very well and this is all just a natural and obvious result of that. It's a shame he left but that's his decision and hopefully he'll be able to work things out better in whatever other scenes he ends up being a part of. To all the people suddenly saying we screwed up by driving a great programmer away, I've gotta tell you, someone else is going to do all of the things that he would have done and probably more...

grin.ch
October 11th, 2006, 20:30
Yoshi always was a trash talker tho. Always had to start stuff w/ ppl. He was like that kid you love to hate, but he was still a good coder.

DPyro
October 11th, 2006, 20:34
Yoshi originally made the 2.00 downgrader, but MPH stole it from him and claimed he coded it...

jwilds73
October 11th, 2006, 20:39
Ok I see your point, we are not allowed to be angry if we donate and recieve absolutely nothing from it, we shouldnt be made if people steal our code and give absolutely no credit to us then make some lame excuse and dont release the source anyway. Its just funny how pretty much every single release is shrouded in controversy, maybe hes got the worst luck of any PSP coder or could there be a more sinister reason...

If YOUR code was stolen and used without properly crediting YOU then yes YOU have every right to be angry and to call out the person that stole YOUR work and have it out with them. If YOU donated funds and recieved nothing YOU have every right to be angry also. However if YOU did neither and especially if YOU'RE not the coder who's code was used. YOU have no right to put YOURSELF in the middle of the discussion. We just had to discipline my 9 year old nephew for sticking himself in an adult conversation he had not right or place in. When YOU place YOURSELF in the middle of this YOU'RE no different then a 9 year old child putting themselves into a converstation they have no place or right to be in.

gotmilk0112
October 11th, 2006, 20:47
WTF impatience.....is GAY!!!!

im impatient about wii up to here: (------------------)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- but you dont see me flaming about it!!!!

Mr.Denny
October 11th, 2006, 20:59
I`m not surprised Yoshi left to be honest, some of you guys (and many others) were right c**ts.

:mad:

Please be bloody patient and keep your comments in a respectful manner.

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 21:07
I`m not surprised Yoshi left to be honest, some of you guys (and many others) were right c**ts.

That is almost always the problem. People failed to see we were more concerned with the immediate legal issues of hosting the binary. He may have uploaded the the souce in as soon as he could. That dosnt excuse it, but people sure as hell went over board.

Mr.Denny
October 11th, 2006, 21:17
That is almost always the problem. People failed to see we were more concerned with the immediate legal issues of hosting the binary. He may have uploaded the the souce in as soon as he could. That dosnt excuse it, but people sure as hell went over board.

True

I`ll admit i had doubts about Yoshi but that was just down to the endless flaming that was pretty much half assed propaganda.

It`s a sad day when a coder is quite literally driven out of the scene. :(

That kind of flaming is normal for Pspupdates but not for DCemu.

alucard001
October 11th, 2006, 21:31
loser never liked him anyway

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 21:32
loser never liked him anyway

and thats all fine and dandy, but you should really keep that to yourself. its people like you that caused the drama.

nyrtrublue
October 11th, 2006, 21:34
If YOUR code was stolen and used without properly crediting YOU then yes YOU have every right to be angry and to call out the person that stole YOUR work and have it out with them. If YOU donated funds and recieved nothing YOU have every right to be angry also. However if YOU did neither and especially if YOU'RE not the coder who's code was used. YOU have no right to put YOURSELF in the middle of the discussion. We just had to discipline my 9 year old nephew for sticking himself in an adult conversation he had not right or place in. When YOU place YOURSELF in the middle of this YOU'RE no different then a 9 year old child putting themselves into a converstation they have no place or right to be in.

Well did he steal YOUR CODE cause if he didnt than it shouldnt be YOUR problem. Its one thing to be upset and not use it but there is a point where YOU(All flamers) need to back out of matters they don't understand or belong in.

alucard001
October 11th, 2006, 21:35
and thats all fine and dandy, but you should really keep that to yourself. its people like you that caused the drama.

sorry i was just talking about colin ferral

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 11th, 2006, 21:39
I liked YOSHI I alwayz felt sorry for him when Mario slapped him round the head know I know why he stole code :(.

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 21:41
sorry i was just talking about colin ferral

yeah... ****'n ferral.

hockey2112
October 11th, 2006, 21:42

Hahaha! Do as you say, and not as you do, eh? ;) :rolleyes:

ExcruciationX
October 11th, 2006, 21:47
Yoshi originally made the 2.00 downgrader, but MPH stole it from him and claimed he coded it...
Now, I didn't know that! Has that been proven?

nyrtrublue
October 11th, 2006, 22:01
Now, I didn't know that! Has that been proven?

It hasnt been proven however it is believed amongst Yoshi non-haters and that includes me

Mr.Denny
October 11th, 2006, 22:14

Hahaha! Do as you say, and not as you do, eh? ;) :rolleyes:

Good point but i feel i was right to lash out at those kind of people to be perfectly honest.

jwilds73
October 11th, 2006, 22:18
Well did he steal YOUR CODE cause if he didnt than it shouldnt be YOUR problem. Its one thing to be upset and not use it but there is a point where YOU(All flamers) need to back out of matters they don't understand or belong in.

You will find no involvement on my part in any way shape or form in the issue of what and who's code was used. However I chose to involve myself here (for the sake of the scene which we are all part of)to simply state that if WE are neither the coder or a contributor to the said work. WE need to back out and let those truly involved hash it out. The problem here is so many people have jumped on this band wagon to offer nothing other then spouting off their hate. This mob mentality is unhealthy for the scene regardless of what Yoshi did or didn't do.

nyrtrublue
October 11th, 2006, 22:34
You will find no involvement on my part in any way shape or form in the issue of what and who's code was used. However I chose to involve myself here (for the sake of the scene which we are all part of)to simply state that if WE are neither the coder or a contributor to the said work. WE need to back out and let those truly involved hash it out. The problem here is so many people have jumped on this band wagon to offer nothing other then spouting off their hate. This mob mentality is unhealthy for the scene regardless of what Yoshi did or didn't do.

If your reffering to me as in the bandwagon. I cant code Ive been trying to get in to computer science but that doest look like its gonna happen. And i feel that since i cant code and so i feel like i have no right to, and i can't stand obsessive flamers. And even if i could code i wouldnt rip on peoples work because no one makes you use it, its free and someone worked hard on it just for people to enjoy. Its like complaining about a gift you got for your birthday.

And i wouldnt be offended if you were reffering to me as a useless person on the bandwagon. But is that what you see me as?

acn010
October 11th, 2006, 22:40
this is just sad for this news, hope for the best for him :)

chiefy
October 11th, 2006, 22:46
I think yoshihiro would have had a much better time with all of these happenings in the PSP homebrew scene if he actually showed up to calmly defend himself and respond to the allegations, rather than give people nothing for weeks and let the uncertainties accumulate.. then give a message on the pspgen board (which no one really goes to) that just talks about how "famous" people like him get mistreated and all that. Then we hear, third hand of course, how he's quitting (and I assume it's to make the scene feel bad for getting riled up over all of this).

Not releasing the source was a mistake, and it probably wasn't even yoshihiro's fault. But the fact is he knew what was going down and could have easily fixed it the next day, but instead chose to stubbornly ignore it because he didn't like the way people were responding. If he would have taken the 5 minutes to upload the source and maybe explain what happened publically (in ENGLISH, most of us don't read French, and it's obvious he knows English) then the flaming would have all ended right there, in fact, if he did it quickly enough (when people were still asking nicely) there probably wouldn't have really been any flaming at all. The same thing goes for all of the other past scenarios he was in. They might have all been due to misunderstanding or other people posing as him but he never took the time to clearly talk to people where he could be heard. And that's why things always escalated and he gained this reputation.

Honestly I don't really feel bad for the guy, besides that his contributions to the PSP scene haven't really been special enough (and in the real world people don't get praised just for working hard, even if it's for free) he never handled any of this very well and this is all just a natural and obvious result of that. It's a shame he left but that's his decision and hopefully he'll be able to work things out better in whatever other scenes he ends up being a part of. To all the people suddenly saying we screwed up by driving a great programmer away, I've gotta tell you, someone else is going to do all of the things that he would have done and probably more...

Once again...QFT

And what good have you ever done the psp scene? BITCHING ? stfu go compile your own eboot , release it and lets see what you can pull out of your ass have some respect.

sorry to see you leave yoshi I guess people just thought it would be funny to flame you like they did, if people want hb for themselves they should learn to respect the coders who spend hours upon hours coding them.. i mean or they can do it themselfs. bye bye yoshi

Apparently you havent read to much into the whole issue. Sure a coder is gone which sux but dont get your panties in a bunch cuz its just Yoshi. Spending hours upon hours...cmon now its completely obvious that this guy rips off others. How much effort does it take to change a few thing and put your name on it. Bravo...

Now if all the true and trustworthy coders have thier issue with this dude dont you think that says something also???

Yosh went about things the wrong way whether he was a good coder or not. Once you potray yourself as a shady person the image sticks like epoxy.

Broadus
October 11th, 2006, 22:48
If he can't handle some pitiful flamers, then who cares about him?

mavsman4457
October 11th, 2006, 22:52
More bad news in addition to 0okm refusing to downgrade for people. Hopefully someone else will take on his PS1 emu so there can competing PS1 emu's. Competition is good.

nyrtrublue
October 11th, 2006, 22:58
the scene has lost three big name coders in the last month or so, so flamers just take it easy I cant change everyones opinion but please if we keep losing coders then flamers are helping in sonys war against homebrew

Cloudhunter
October 11th, 2006, 23:02
aww a coder moment :(...ok, i'm ok, but seriously Cloudhunter ur like yoda with ur wise words..it's scaring me :eek:...ohh wait i said serious :p, i couldn't agree more with everything u post, look at my name are we on the same brain freq.

Heh, thanks for that ;)

I once worked for...
Am I the only one who saw the message in this? Not that I agree with the message, but here is my interpretation.

Basically, she believes he did something wrong, and can't face people now so he left.

Not that I agree with that myself...

Now something that is true, never mind if you believe all the rumours:

The guy made a few mistakes. That much IS clear. But he, after all was only human. That doesn't mean everyone should jump on the bandwagon. Did you get personally damaged, or insulted by this man? If so, then you have a right to insult him all you like.

But if you didn't, what right are you to start continuing rumours, or flaming him? Remember, he doesn't owe you anything, he owes you nothing at all. He gave up hours of his time, regardless of the rumours.

I bet half of the people who flame him barely know what C is :rolleyes:

Cloudy

PSmonkey
October 11th, 2006, 23:15
Just wanted to make two small notes.

1) I WAS FLAMED WHEN I QUIT THE SCENE. I WAS EVEN FLAIMED ON THIS SITE WHEN I WAS LEAVING (not by wrag or staff, just some prick on the forum).

This scene is full of nothing but pricks. I so wish there was a way to limit the scene to just the good people.

2) Exophase, Yoshi's english is really bad. He is a native french speaker and usualy someone helps him translate stuff to english. If you've talked to him directly you would see his english is really bad.

-- Regarding this topic --
I look forward to when yoshi's src is up and people can shut up. Yet knowing the fact that 90% of the people who flame yoshi don't know how to code will still belive it's all PMF src with no modification. I mean sure hearing the word of Mathiew (who has both src) obviously was never enough.

nyrtrublue
October 11th, 2006, 23:21

1) I WAS FLAMED WHEN I QUIT THE SCENE. I WAS EVEN FLAIMED ON THIS SITE WHEN I WAS LEAVING (not by wrag or staff, just some prick on the forum).

This scene is full of nothing but pricks. I so wish there was a way to limit the scene to just the good people.

2) Exophase, Yoshi's english is really bad. He is a native french speaker and usualy someone helps him translate stuff to english. If you've talked to him directly you would see his english is really bad.

I look forward to when yoshi's src is up and people can shut up. Yet knowing the fact that 90% of the people who flame yoshi don't know how to code will still belive it's all PMF src with no modification. I mean sure hearing the word of Mathiew (who has both src) obviously was never enough.

Amen...I dont think you and me have ever had different viewpoints and since people wont listen to me its always nice to see you comment it should make flamers feel humbled by your presence

Cloudhunter
October 11th, 2006, 23:28

Yup, for some reason people obviously don't realise that you coders owe us nothing. I fully understand why you quit.

Unfortunately, life is never like that. I've not been in the scene long, but yet, I can see there is alot of immaturity and people think they have a right to insult and flame people, just because of what they have heard. The pricks will keep doing it unfortunately.

Amen to that. I hope all these people finally see whether it is "stolen" or not.

Cloudy

stotheamuel
October 11th, 2006, 23:29
first off at the psp scene we need as many coders as we can get to keep our community thriving, but even if the coder is so called "Lying or Decieving" he(or she) is still a coder and deserves respect for something they have done.

Hey Hitler was a wonderful speaker and motivater.... who cares if he was so called "lying or decieving" (and mass murdering).... he deserves respect for being a wonderful speaker.. right?

Cloudy

Hmm how are we supposed to prove "beyond a shadow of a doubt" if we ignore it like you suggest?

My 2 cents... this guy was shady... i knew he would leave after this recent thing... and to all of those who say proof...

there was credits and authors notes from other projects... left in his.. :p

DPyro
October 11th, 2006, 23:29
I can already say without a doubt that theres major differences in PSX-P vs PSPSOne.

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 23:40
I am a little bit tired of all this. You all feel youve made your valid points but this is going nowhere.
Locked.

quzar
October 11th, 2006, 23:50
I'm sure that's the best way to encourage courtesy and respect, going about calling everyone a prick.

DPyro
October 11th, 2006, 23:54
I'm sure that's the best way to encourage courtesy and respect, going about calling everyone a prick.
He never said everyone...but unforetunately its true :(