Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 04:49
Uh, does anyone know why Acidburn and I lost 2,000 posts overnight. lol :P

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 04:59
magic.

Kaiser
October 11th, 2006, 05:15
I was just deleting some spam. Don't take to much offense to this (we still love you guys). Its just a lot of people are getting tired of some more then "excessive" posting habits. You only registered in December and you were nearing 5,000. It should take a few years to reach that, and a majority of your guys posts were simple one-worded responses and praise that don't really contribute to the topic at hand.

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 05:32
Oh I'm not mad, I was just wondering. ;)

(we still love you guys)

Having trouble believing that. :P

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 05:40
Oh now i see cool so all the people that just register this summer that are nearing 2000 will end up with like 10 posts right. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not mad but if that is the reason well more then 60% of the posts on this site will disappear. Time has nothing to do with the amount of posts been good or bad. Think of this if somebody post just ones per topic per sitting in a single section like the PSP forum. They will have over 30 post in a days time. Add that by 7 days a week and thats 210 then add it by 4 weeks a month and thats 840 then ad it by the time a person has been here in the site example 5 months thats 4200 post> some people just like the site more then others.:eek:

Kaiser
October 11th, 2006, 05:47
Oh now i see cool so all the people that just register this summer that are nearing 2000 will end up with like 10 posts right. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not mad but if that is the reason well more then 60% of the posts on this site will disappear. Time has nothing to do with the amount of posts been good or bad. Think of this if somebody post just ones per topic per sitting in a single section like the PSP forum. They will have over 30 post in a days time. Add that by 7 days a week and thats 210 then add it by 4 weeks a month and thats 840 then ad it by the time a person has been here in the site example 5 months thats 4200 post> some people just like the site more then others.:eek:

Nope. Read what my first response again. ;)

I was just deleting spam posts. A good portion of your posts were simple one-worded responses and praise that don't really contribute to the topic at hand.

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 05:47
I think they just don't like us because we post more than the others...

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 11th, 2006, 05:49
You only registered in December and you were nearing 5,000. It should take a few years to reach

you got these guys getting all pissed because these other guys arnt following this script were your supposed to conform to web ways then you got these people getting tired of these maniacs who are getting all pissed because these other guys arnt following this script were your supposed to conform to web ways.

. .
_

i just watch both in discust..

Kaiser
October 11th, 2006, 05:50
I think they just don't like us because we post more than the others...

I thought you said you weren't mad? ;)

I really don't want you guys to feel any bitterness towards us. It was nothing personal. I'd do the same to any staff member or coder if they were doing the same thing.

you got these guys getting all pissed because these other guys arnt following this script were your supposed to conform to web ways then you got these people getting tired of these maniacs who are getting all pissed because these other guys arnt following this script were your supposed to conform to web ways.

. .
_

i just watch both in discust..

Um... What are you talking about? :confused:

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 05:50
No i dont think thats the case. But well lucky for me i also know spanish and other languages and have other good sites to visit. So to save the mods the trouble i wont post.

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 05:51
I thought you said you weren't mad? ;)

I really don't want you guys to feel any bitterness towards us. It was nothing personal. I'd do the same to any staff member or coder if they were doing the same thing.
I'm not mad dude. I got the hint. I'm not that retarded. I guess I rather make DCEmu better by not posting then see it all spammed up.

Kaiser
October 11th, 2006, 05:55
Your both valued members. Sorry if I ever came off wrong in any of my previous posts. I would enjoy it if you guys continued to post here regularly. Thanks for understanding Video Freak.

I'm sad that your leaving us Acidburn, but I suppose that decision is up to you. My action was nothing personal against you. Its just my job to enforce the rules (among other things ;)).

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 06:02
Cmon acidburn05 don't stop posting here,I've enjoyed your presence.Plus with the recent onslaught of n00bs we need people with experience around.

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 06:02
Your both valued members. Sorry if I ever came off wrong in any of my previous posts. I would enjoy it if you guys continued to post here regularly. Thanks for understanding Video Freak.

I'm sad that your leaving us Acidburn, but I suppose that decision is up to you. My action was nothing personal against you. Its just my job to enforce the rules (among other things ;)).
I understand and don't criticize you in any ways. I have always appreciated what you have done. But like i said my next post will be after the fare Share. I mean i just checked 10 of the highest post persons in the site and there post weren't taken away and they came way after me or video. But thanks for everything you have done for me. By http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3558/sonicbu0.gif

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 06:03
Your links broken or something... oh nvm lol :P
Yeah, thanks for everything Kaiser (I for one am not being sarcastic). It was fun while it lasted... :(

Kaiser
October 11th, 2006, 06:08
Believe me, the staff will be taking an extra look at the posts of a lot of users and I'm sure similar action will be taken towards them as well. I assure you this is not an isolated case.

I mean i just checked 10 of the highest post persons in the site and there post weren't taken away and they came way after me or video.

Not sure what you exactly mean by this can you explain it to me. :)

Here is the list of the top ten posters we have at DCemu.

wraggster
Darksaviour69
CAPTAIN AWESOME
Video_freak
quzar
Christuserloeser
Kaiser
BL8Z3D247
shadowprophet
JKKDARK

I'm sad that you guys are considering leaving over this. This is quite a minor issue compared to most things we deal with. I haven't even given out a yellow-card here. :(

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 06:09
Woah guy's, your both like two of my favorite members.Don't let a little thing like a number get you down.Well, if your not around you will be missed :(

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 06:11
I'm not actually going to be gone NoQuarter. We can still PM each other and stuff. They don't spam filter that, do they? :eek:

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 06:17
It was just the sudden change in your sig and avatar that bothered.Look I've seen both of you guy's help a lot of newbie's out,sniff I don't want things to change....

As long as you guy's stay in touch I guess it'll be alright.

quzar
October 11th, 2006, 07:57
Oh god, such emo-ness. Get over it. If your post count means THAT much to you, then you MUST have been trying extra hard to make posts to get it up, if not you wouldn't have cared.

If you're ready to leave over something as stupid as this, it's obvious you cared more about reputation than about actually helping people. If you're reading this (which I KNOW you will) take some time to think about that, after you get over being all pissy at me for the rest of this post.

BL4Z3D247
October 11th, 2006, 08:09
Here is the list of the top ten posters we have at DCemu.

wraggster
Darksaviour69
CAPTAIN AWESOME
Video_freak
quzar
Christuserloeser
Kaiser
BL8Z3D247
shadowprophet
JKKDARK
cool i made the list, also Video_freak the n00bs need u!!! :) and Acidburn bro u can't leave, Kaiser's just doing his job plus it was only the spammy post, hey Kaiser u could delete my spammy posts too if u'd like...there we'll be the three musketeers of DCEmu "all for one and one for all" :D just blazed and trying to cheer everyone up :p

ninja9393
October 11th, 2006, 13:09
acidburn and video freak

u guys cant leave dcemu

u guys are one of the best people on this site

do i spam a lot kaiser?

dejkirkby
October 11th, 2006, 13:19
Acidburn please stick around. Between me, you, Video_freak, Bl4z3d, splodger and anyone I've missed, we help like 90% of noobs.
Mods, is there any way to change a members title, (from PSP Pro, Newbie, etc) to something that doesn't rely on post count to alter the rankings, but also recognises the contribution to the site?
I think this may be why they are a little pissed

bah
October 11th, 2006, 13:57
Oh this is just too dam funny.

Feel free to delete this post :)

MikeDX
October 11th, 2006, 14:10
posts in o/t should get counted anyway

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 15:03
Oh god, such emo-ness. Get over it. If your post count means THAT much to you, then you MUST have been trying extra hard to make posts to get it up, if not you wouldn't have cared.

If you're ready to leave over something as stupid as this, it's obvious you cared more about reputation than about actually helping people. If you're reading this (which I KNOW you will) take some time to think about that, after you get over being all pissy at me for the rest of this post.
Ok i never said i was leaving DCemu , thats the first thing. Second i have all the time in the world i spend like 16 hrs a a day in front of a PC. Its my job. And as far as post i don't care now i do feel insulted by your kind comments like usual. I spend 90% more time answering PM for help from this site more then i do posting. So if you think 3000 post was a lot think of 9000 people i have help. Now yeah that does sound like i really care about posts and not help others. I respect you as a mod so you should respect me as a member.

Darksaviour69
October 11th, 2006, 15:06
what is your job? Acidburn05

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 15:11
what is your job? Acidburn05
I'm a reverse engineer and own a consulting firm in Pennsylvania. So in all reality I'm a person that worked really hard at the beginning and is now a lazy boss with a lot of great employs. Why:confused:

Darksaviour69
October 11th, 2006, 15:18
i just wondered what job let you browse the internet all day ;) ( other than mine)

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 15:23
i just wondered what job let you browse the internet all day ;) ( other than mine)
Oh ok no problem. Thats the only reason why i can visit this great site 500 times a day. Hey i even have a gaming area in my office. Any ways that job i only do for the mula. For gaming has always been my Passion. Ill let you get back to work now boss.:D

Darksaviour69
October 11th, 2006, 15:37
a gaming area!!!! sweet. can i work for you ( in a mangering position)

Video_freak
October 11th, 2006, 15:48
I have to say that this has NOTHING to do with post count or title changes. I'm just sick of everyone thinking I'm a spammer, so I'm going to please them and stop posting. Like Acidburn though, I'm not actually going to leave. And I'm not emo Quzar, I'm not even mad about this whole thing, even though it is starting to become depressing....

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 15:55
I have to say that this has NOTHING to do with post count or title changes. I'm just sick of everyone thinking I'm a spammer, so I'm going to please them and stop posting. Like Acidburn though, I'm not actually going to leave. And I'm not emo Quzar, I'm not even mad about this whole thing, even though it is starting to become depressing....

fair enough, locked.

Darksaviour69
October 11th, 2006, 16:04
look guys please don't take offence with this, we are just try to run the forum smoothly, and so try to spot problems and solve them. That does not mean everything we do is right, but we do have good intentions behind our motives. The forum/site/scene is evolving contiunously, and we have to react to changes, keep on top of them.

2 scenarios

the forum is getting very big, and some topics have 100s of replys to them in a matter of hours, thats alot of posts to read. So post like "yeah" or "this is going to be great" are not helpfull, and alot of the time are only posted to get there post count up.....

but then there is the other side of the coin, a coder release a app/emu/game, its good, but no-one replys to say its good in the fear of spam ( "great releae") so the coder thinks no-one likes his work!

at the moment we feel too much of the first scenario is happening at the moment, but we don't want the second happening either.

Removing post counts is one method of tackling scenario 1, as it shows that we will take action when needed, but it does have its problems ( unfair being the main problem)

we are looking into other methods into tackling this problem, this is an on going thing

quzar
October 11th, 2006, 21:44
Ok i never said i was leaving DCemu , thats the first thing. Second i have all the time in the world i spend like 16 hrs a a day in front of a PC. Its my job. And as far as post i don't care now i do feel insulted by your kind comments like usual. I spend 90% more time answering PM for help from this site more then i do posting. So if you think 3000 post was a lot think of 9000 people i have help. Now yeah that does sound like i really care about posts and not help others. I respect you as a mod so you should respect me as a member.

I refuse to believe that it is possible that you have helped 9000 people in your time here. You realize that would average out to more than 20 a day right? I used to think you were a very useful member who happened to spam a lot. Now you've managed to add liar to that, good job.