PDA

View Full Version : Install-o-tron v0.1 Released!

wraggster
October 11th, 2006, 06:36
Via psp3d (http://psp3d.com/homepage-news/11786-contest-install-o-tron-v0-1-released.html)

Fanjita and AlexRichter have just released their long anticipated automatic homebrew installer (as the title suggests, for the PSP3D Ultimate Goodies And Cash Giveaway contest), which utilizes the PSP-Homebrew.eu database, in order to grab the latest homebrew games and applications, download, and install them to your PSP, without the need for a PC intermediate. Though it is an early version of the application, and some of the presentation is a bit rough (and, obviously, the complete library of homebrew games is not install-o-tron-able yet), Install-o-tron makes for an outstanding tool which simplifies the process of installing homebrew to the PSP. No longer do you have to mess with placing EBOOTs here, folders there, etc; Install-o-tron does all the hard work for you with its .ZIP interpreting algorithm (alongside an hbinfo.txt, which is what seperates Install-o-tron compatible homebrew from those not yet compatible). It even smart installs homebrew that is only compatible with your specific firmware version!

Install-o-tron introduces a simple, new addition to homebrew packaging, which makes it easier for both humans and computers to install homebrew (which Fanjita and AlexRichter recommend for all developers to follow). This initial release supports a selection of popular homebrew, however, in the near future, the list will be expanded dramatically, ultimately allowing you to install any homebrew from the database with ease. In the future, it will also come bundled with all eLoader releases, so there should be no need to manually install it.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 06:38
Tasty! Downloading now......

edit : beautiful time for my s*** PC to start acting up... must reboot to download. Back in a bit with a review.

Tetris999
October 11th, 2006, 06:39
soundin awsome

M!ckeY
October 11th, 2006, 06:39
pretty nice, will come in handy for the new comers :)

Vega
October 11th, 2006, 06:59
Umm...
I don't understand what's so hard about a manual install....
Seems like this sort of thing actually will cause less people to read the readme's.
I know there are already installers out there.
But I can't knock somebody's hard work, good job guy's.

you would be surprised how many noobs get install problems... really ;)

and yea this is pretty sweet.. nice clean interface... but I dunno, im pretty used to manually installing.. even if this does save time.... i think i'll still do it the tried and tested way :)

still, great app for the newbies.

DraconumPB
October 11th, 2006, 08:08
How does this work on the custom 2.71 firmware? I don't think I'm ever going back to 1.5 from it...

mr_nick666
October 11th, 2006, 08:56
pretty nice, will come in handy for the new comers :)

Yeah - fantastic idea! ;) All good work :)

Rasputin
October 11th, 2006, 13:11
You're missing the point to this app. You don't even need to be at home, or on a computer, to install homebrew. If you can hop on an AP, then you can install homebrew. Genius! :D

MasterChafed
October 11th, 2006, 13:37
Does this work with 2.71 SE because that requires 1.5 and 1.0 homebrew to be installed in the GAME150 folder.

blackrave
October 11th, 2006, 14:52
You're missing the point to this app. You don't even need to be at home, or on a computer, to install homebrew. If you can hop on an AP, then you can install homebrew. Genius! :D

Exactly! It's an awesome app. Downloading and installing KETM right now just by using the PSP and my wireless network.
I just hope they will update the database often. Currently there are eleven apps for download through Install-O-Tron.

Oh, it didn't install KETM because I had too little space on my memory stick. Future versions should first check the required space.
It didn't even delete the temporary zip file it downloaded nor the folder it extracted to.

Excellent work! :D

DraconumPB
October 11th, 2006, 14:56
MasterChafed: It's notable that some homebrew works in the GAME folder when you'd think it shouldn't: for example, you HAVE to put Super Mini Mario/Sonic/Halo etc. in the GAME folder because it looks for its resources in that path (doh!). But most other stuff I've had to put in GAME150...

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 14:56
Now this is great thanks Fanjita and Alex for the great release. I didn't think this was possible.

Fanjita
October 11th, 2006, 15:01
2.71 SE support is planned for the future, plus much much more (e.g. anti-brick scanning).

Any feature requests are more than welcome.

Incidentally you'd be amazed by how many people don't understand the install process - just because it's second nature to most of us doesn't mean that it's simple, and there are constant email and forum support questions about how to install things.

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 15:08
2.71 SE support is planned for the future, plus much much more (e.g. anti-brick scanning).

Any feature requests are more than welcome.

Incidentally you'd be amazed by how many people don't understand the install process - just because it's second nature to most of us doesn't mean that it's simple, and there are constant email and forum support questions about how to install things.
Ones again this is great and i thank you much for it. Are you planing to expand the library for all homebrew out now. Thanks so much. I didnt even know you posted in the site your the man.http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/acidburn0502/smile.gif

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 17:08
Right on,maybe I'll check it out just for the heck of it :)
I uh apologize for my earlier comment,I didn't realize the usefullness of this,the not needing a pc part is prretty cool.

mesosade
October 11th, 2006, 17:25
looks like i'm out of the job :(

DraconumPB
October 11th, 2006, 18:37
I am running the 2.71 SE...

IoT is installing homebrew using the 1.5 eboot method. Can IoT be set to install via the 1.0 method (preferable in 2.71se of course)? Otherwise AWESOME app! And I know that it'll only get better over time, like the loaders =)

NeoXCS
October 11th, 2006, 20:05
Wow, this is pretty genius! :D Nice work guys! I can't wait to be able to download a huge library of games without the need of hooking my PSP to my laptop! :) Good luck on the next release and in the contest!

Nikolaos
October 11th, 2006, 22:30
this is nice :) still first release buh good work!! will get better soon :)

Zargon
October 12th, 2006, 05:09
In reality, they already have the third release out. Available through Install-o-tron of course;) (or you could just download the already updated version from Fanjita's site (noobz.eu)) BTW This program allows for brand new downloads, not just updates. Excellent work and may come in handy at school were they can only block certain sites(i.e. gaming sites!) on internet browsers, but still have Wi-Fi:D

kando
October 12th, 2006, 05:30
nice work fanjita and alexrichter :)

shouts out to n00bz!

dna
October 15th, 2006, 17:02
if you get a sec mind checking... http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39132

Ta!

anotherpocho
October 16th, 2006, 04:54
Will this work with the .99 tiff eloader on firmware 2.71 because It runs but when it gets to the connecting to wifi connection it just hangs. I see my wifi light blink one time then nothing. Any ideas?

I used pspradio static to test the wifi on this new setup and it works good for me so whats up?

So I installed and it works but it hangs when connecting. HELP