PDA

View Full Version : Update on Chui projects

Darksaviour69
October 11th, 2006, 10:10
Chui has posted an update on his projects here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38400&page=3)

Now i am focused to finish FAZE and FAME/C cpu cores. I want to release for christmas:
- MAME4ALL with FAZE and newest FAME/SH4.
- DCaSTaway with FAME/SH4.
- UAE4ALL with newest FAME/SH4 and a bit assembler to blitter.
- ZX4ALL with FAZE and full features.
- NEO4ALL with FAZE and FAME/SH4.
- AES4ALL with fast preload and a stand-alone version without menu.
- UAE4ALL/GP2X with FAME/C.

For next year i want restart SNES4ALL port with FOX, it need a lot of rewrite assembler code.

About PSX4ALL, i was waiting to PSX4ALL code is a bit mature.

Shoometsu
October 11th, 2006, 12:53
wow, I look foward for the new releases. does aes4all have the new prefetch system implemented?

chui
October 11th, 2006, 14:14
Prefetch files will not change it.

I want to do 2 importante changes:

1 - Add a second level MMU cache using SRAM (around 2MBytes). Also save RAM using newest FAME and no show menu for adding more memory to first level MMU cache.

2 - ConvertNeo tool can create a fast load cache file and new AES4ALL can read these files for loading rom (it will full MMU cache very fast).

V3N0M
October 11th, 2006, 15:06
Do you think its possible to get SNES4all running at a 100% fullspeed with new code? Great news though. I'm glade to hear that all thses great projects are still being worked on.

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 15:06
About PSX4ALL, i was waiting to PSX4ALL code is a bit mature.
Any other thoughts on that subject?

SiZiOUS
October 11th, 2006, 15:07
So nice to see your projects still in developpement, chui ! ;)

RetroGoth
October 11th, 2006, 17:48
I love my dreamcast and I love you chui lol great job

omer
October 11th, 2006, 20:04
Very good news ! thank for your job Chui !

Shoometsu
October 11th, 2006, 20:43
are you planning to load the games through arguments? i.e. "aes4all.bin -j mslug5.aes"? this shoud be very useful to use with selfboot inducer, creating the menus that loads each game directly, so you could use a simple ingame menu to configure everything else, if needed.

chui
October 11th, 2006, 22:10
are you planning to load the games through arguments? i.e. "aes4all.bin -j mslug5.aes"? this shoud be very useful to use with selfboot inducer, creating the menus that loads each game directly, so you could use a simple ingame menu to configure everything else, if needed.

I never try load a dreamcast binary with arguments.
How can i test this? with my BBA and dc-load?

Shoometsu
October 12th, 2006, 01:44
I never try load a dreamcast binary with arguments.
How can i test this? with my BBA and dc-load?
sorry, I don't know too :P, I was just suggesting it ;), this should work the same way as mame (the rom, region, etc, should be parameters) or convertneo, i.e. "convertneo mslug5.zip". We could use the sbi menus, where each item have a different game, and the interface will be the sbi menu itself...