PDA

View Full Version : Yakuza 2 spotted

wraggster
October 11th, 2006, 20:02
Yakuza 2 is currently penned for release in Japan on December 7. When contacted, Sega couldn't comment on a possible European release but did say sales of the original were good, suggesting that the sequel hopefully has a fighting chance of reaching our shores.

With Super Monkey Ball creator Toshihiro Nagoshi back in the director's chair, the story kicks off with an assassination that prompts our hero to head southwards towards Kamurocho, Osaka.

Apparently the sequel will have a "deeper dramatic storyline" and new themes such as an "adult love story," although we're not exactly expecting Heart Beat, to be honest.

The first game only hit our shores a few weeks ago, but Sega has already released a trailer for Yakuza 2. Take a look.

Trailer Here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=147433)

dondonkat
October 11th, 2006, 21:47
Having been to Tokyo three times now and lived there for many months I can honestly say the original did very well in capturing some of the exciting elements I saw whilst I was there. Just playing the game brought back so many memories, visual memories that is... unfortunately I didnt actually meet any Yakuza...

As for the sequel... I cant wait! Looks awesome!

JKKDARK
October 11th, 2006, 23:50
I hope to see an european release soon :)