PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion PS3 to get graphics upgrade

wraggster
October 11th, 2006, 20:04
The PS3 version of Bethesda's epic RPG, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will feature graphical tweaks and the new "Knights of the Ninte" quest, an interview has revealed.

Speaking to IGN, executive producer Todd Howard said that the PS3 version of Oblivion will sport improved graphical features, the most notcible of which is apparently the updated graphical shaders: "The best examples are those new shaders we have for how 'near detail' and 'far detail' blend together on the landscape," he said. "You no longer have a harsh line cutting across the two levels - they blend together seamlessly and the distant detail and land looks much nicer."

Speaking about the new quest, Howard said that Knights of the Nine will take 10 to 20 hours to finish, and also commented on Bethesda's plans for PS3 download content, saying it's "something we'd like to support on PS3, but right now that's really in Sony's hands".

Oblvion launches alongside the PS3 early next year. We'll let you know how much better it looks when we get our hands on the first PS3 screens.

Prasoc
October 12th, 2006, 16:42
omg, graphics UPGRADE?!?!?! :O

briyan
October 13th, 2006, 16:54
i can't wait to play this game on the ps3. i heard so many good things about it and the graphics upgrade and extra missions will boost what is an already great game..

LloydKansas
October 19th, 2006, 09:22
Just wish they could have got it right the first time with the PC and X360 releases... I'm sure I'll get a PS3 eventually, but by then I might have already been through the game a few times on the 360. Who knows... If they make good enough updates, I guess I'll have to check it out.

ACID
October 19th, 2006, 10:01
Well that stinks because i went through the PC version and even though i love it i wont play it from start agin. To long.

Darksaviour69
October 19th, 2006, 10:11
the "Knights of the Ninte" will also be available on the 360 and p.c. via payed downloads

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2006, 13:11
the "Knights of the Ninte" will also be available on the 360 and p.c. via payed downloads
Yep...

And I wonder if they could release a patch or something for 360 and PC to fix the near/far graphics thing?