PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Pre-Orders Came and Went

wraggster
October 11th, 2006, 20:38
Via Slashdot:

Well, it's official. The pre-orders have begun ... and mostly ended. I just got mine ordered and four hours later there are already units on eBay. Some acutions have already gone north of $1000 USD. The guys at EBGames told me that the most units going to any one store was 36 and that there were an average of 8 units being distributed to each store. The one I went to reported that they were going to be getting a total of 16 units. They waited this long to take pre-orders because they wanted to be sure that they weren't going to get burned like they did for the XBox 360 launch."
The reports from across the internets are varied, with long lines netting nothing for some, and others reaping the sweet rewards.

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 20:45
All gone in my area,looks like I'll be getting a wii and waiting for the PS3.Oh well.....

mavsman4457
October 12th, 2006, 02:20
Has anybody got indications or educated guesses as to when the second shipments will be in?

Napalm-Death
October 12th, 2006, 04:44
It could be March or April, sort of like how it was with the PS2.

kaox44
October 12th, 2006, 05:20
FYI: Target will get a display on Nov.12 @ all store.

SnesR0X
October 12th, 2006, 08:58
why have them so late? wouldn't people be more revved up for it if more people could try it out before they buy???