PDA

View Full Version : GameCity: Nottingham's Celebrity-Laden GameFest

wraggster
October 11th, 2006, 20:48
Via Kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/gamecity/gamecity-nottinghams-celebrityladen-gamefest-206866.php)

Nottingham, famous for men in tights, is now about to be famous (in the circles that count, of course) for something else: videogame cultural celebration. Yes! Why rob the rich and give to the poor when you could be in a videogames-themed pub quiz with the luscious Lorne Lanning and infamous Ian Livingstone?

GameCity is a new festival starting in two weeks in Nottingham, England. The organisers have chosen to go the cosy route: there are game rants held over curry and poppadums, and cake-and-tea parties (Sonic's birthday party), pub quizzes, plus industry giants dropping by to talk up their new stuff - hell, I'll just list a few choice topics from the long and sparkling list:

Grumpy Old Games Industry

Live Moaning in an Indian Restaurant, with Ian Livingstone, Dave Doak and Andrew Eades moaning at Keith Stuart from the Guardian Games Blog.

Richard Jacques Live at St Mary's

Legendary SEGA composer plays his greatest hits candle-lit in a 14th Century Church.
[Can you say OMG? -A]

Lorne Lanning: The Appetite for Escape

Oddworld visionary has some VERY exciting news to break, say the organisers...

Everybody Dies

The lads from Introversion, makers of Darwinia, on their new game DefCon.

Did I mention the fest is being opened by Lord Puttnam, our videogame-playing aristo? Jack Thompson can continue with his red-faced, spittle-spraying invective, but over the pond they're probably playing GTA in Buck Palace, by now. Go get on up to Nottingham, and have some fun.

Wraggys Hometown ;)

valar
October 11th, 2006, 21:17
oh,man.this sounds sweet.when is the exact starting date? how long does it last? i'm very tempted about oddworld thing.:)

blaz3d
October 11th, 2006, 23:56
Hopes this means we'll be getting coverage if you've got the time:D;)

Briggzy11
October 12th, 2006, 02:45
lol my 20000th time in nottingham then i think haha love the place!

fatfrost
October 20th, 2006, 12:01
Hold on a minute...i don't mean to sound stingy but,..they are making us pay for each event!!!! you wouldn't get that elsewhere!!