PDA

View Full Version : Gekko Website launch and More

wraggster
October 11th, 2006, 21:23
Shizzy posted this news:

The time has come to unveil the Gekko website! [d.o.u.g] has done an awesome job designing Gekko's homepage. I'll be keeping this website up to date with all the new information, advancements, rants and releases from the crew.

ShizZy started the Gekko project in the month of November last year. With the help of Aprentice that joined him in December of the same year, they got Pong running in early 2006. ZeZu, a long-time programmer in the emulation scene, helped Gekko for about three months. Then Thakis came along. Better known for his THP Player and his reverse engineering of the GameCube's file formats, he has worked on the graphics side of the project, making the first graphics plugin for Gekko. Finally, Lightning joined the team in July this year. It wasn't long before he fixed a major bug preventing commercial games from booting.

Also this:

My good friend Chrono has just informed me that Crash Bandicoot goes in game in the latest build of Gekko, something that I was not recently aware of. Also, thanks goes to him for putting the finishing touches on the website and giving you guys more screenshots to look at, without him you'd all still be staring at pong ;-)

More Info --> http://www.gekko-emu.com/

JKKDARK
October 11th, 2006, 23:52
Yeah, also there is a compat list. It is nice :)